[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Who else is loving the Muir change?

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited March 24, 2017
    I'm not liking it.
    I'm literally getting timers at 90+ seconds now. Sometimes the wait is longer than the actual battle itself.
    It was somtimes an issue before but most times a timer of 30 seconds if none was given.

Good news is, I'm still so bad with Delia that this actually speeds up my Delia daily against Miur. Yay for one thing... but once I get better and another 10 attack speed in or so I think I may run into the same issue. I think I've got a system down where I can almost always just land non-stop 2nd smashes on him...

If it wasn't for the ability to alt/tab out of the game and browse the internet while that timer goes down I would actually test to find the cut-off time and only kill Miur after that time to avoid a timer. Unless someone already knows it. is it faster that way or what?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Cessa wrote: »
    I'm not liking it.
    I'm literally getting timers at 90+ seconds now. Sometimes the wait is longer than the actual battle itself.
    It was somtimes an issue before but most times a timer of 30 seconds if none was given.

Good news is, I'm still so bad with Delia that this actually speeds up my Delia daily against Miur. Yay for one thing... but once I get better and another 10 attack speed in or so I think I may run into the same issue. I think I've got a system down where I can almost always just land non-stop 2nd smashes on him...

If it wasn't for the ability to alt/tab out of the game and browse the internet while that timer goes down I would actually test to find the cut-off time and only kill Miur after that time to avoid a timer. Unless someone already knows it. is it faster that way or what?

Least it's not as bad as speeding through S2 80-90 mode and getting 300 second time delays for killing said boss too fast. 90 seconds I can wait, but 300!? That's a whole 5 minutes. I could watch an anime episode by the time I'm done with the dungeon because of all of those delays.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    If the timer is such an issue you can just afk at start while you go get a drink or something. The battle isnt getting delayed because of the timers, it just feels that way because you are killing it faster.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Question2 wrote: »
    If the timer is such an issue you can just afk at start while you go get a drink or something. The battle isnt getting delayed because of the timers, it just feels that way because you are killing it faster.

Or in my case literally 40 seconds to a minute and a half right after the battle starts.
  • CessaCessa

I've done that multiple times before.
    I come back and the mission failed due to time out.
    This is why I now just complete it and then alt tab and come back whenever instead. Repair costs of failed mission hurts my gold.
  • IkarsuIkarsu

This is why I now just complete it and then alt tab and come back whenever instead. Repair costs of failed mission hurts my gold.

Hmm, that's why I no longer run it under a 10 minute limit.
  • Question2Question2

Dont use the time limit oath in the first place...
  • CessaCessa
    I alt tab for 3+ hours to play something else or write or do whatever sometimes.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited March 25, 2017
    After a while, I'm not loving the miur change anymore. It killed paradise stone prices, so I'm making less money. The effort saving doesn't mean much for me, as I will always have to wait for the kill timer regardless, even before patch.
  • ilkeysilkeys
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Useless change. Removing the easiest part of the battle makes no difference to me.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Hally wrote: »
    After a while, I'm not loving the miur change anymore. It killed paradise stone prices, so I'm making less money. The effort saving doesn't mean much for me, as I will always have to wait for the kill timer regardless, even before patch.

Much as I hate to say this though, but relying solely on one item will kill the profits in the long run. That's why I went with multiple items like, magic elixirs, heaven leather, god cloth, paradise orbs, selling armor parts overall once I get enough seals and craft them. You get rich if you have a variety of items to meet the demands of players, but if you have way too much supply on one item, people will catch on and will try to farm it themselves. Plus, most of the paradise stones comes from the boomed weapons from the +10 free coupon we had earlier, so that's another contributor.
    ilkeys wrote: »
    Useless change. Removing the easiest part of the battle makes no difference to me.

Though, sometimes you do encounter glitched runs where you can't kill him no matter how hard you try. Like sometimes you try to push him off, and he's off, but then he resets to spawn.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    They did zero change though.
    uYUp5.jpg
    GewelliriousBloodAngel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Yeah, it would be nice if the paradise stone drop rate were actually decent. The supply always dwindles far too easily.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited March 26, 2017
    One thing I have to add is that it messes the way I used to do break offs. I used to break off his tail when he was in his fatigue animation, right before pushing him. Now whenever I try to break his tail he falls off too fast. I even tried luring him to the middle so he won't fall off, speared his tail and he still somehow managed to fall off. I guess I'll just have to restrategize my entire gameplay so the break-off happens before he reaches 3 bars. As it seems like after 3 bars, the slightest breeze of air sends him off the edge.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Lavonne wrote: »
    One thing I have to add is that it messes the way I used to do break offs. I used to break off his tail when he was in his fatigue animation, right before pushing him. Now whenever I try to break his tail he falls off too fast. I even tried luring him to the middle so he won't fall off, speared his tail and he still somehow managed to fall off. I guess I'll just have to restrategize my entire gameplay so the break-off happens before he reaches 3 bars. As it seems like after 3 bars, the slightest breeze of air sends him off the edge.

Don't forget he falls off after taking a certain amount of damage. Sticky bombs will work best for your strategy.
  • Question2Question2
    He automatically dies at 3 bars now, no pushing required. Just do the breakoff with spears when he first gets knocked down before he uses the charge up attack.
    BloodAngel
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Lavonne if you don't have a good way to bo tail 70% or more of the time (sword lann here i just use fanning slash i couple times on his back area right next to tail and I get it) then use spears and hit the root area of his tail. Easy bo and they dont do enough damage to mess up your run. :)
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    A decent change. I like it, I guess.
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,165
    Is that a bug or fast kill? If he suicides at x3 hp he can't die normally.
    Bug, but a welcome one I wished was possible.

Note the UI; this screenshot was.. last January