[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hello, I am a fan site developer in Korea.

GamedotGamedot
Vindictus Rep: 630
in General Discussion
Using Google Translator
-
Hello, everyone.
I visited to inform you of the good news.

I am preparing my English version at "Gamedot", the Vindictus fan site in Korea, at the request of "탱크블레이드" from my e-mail.
Currently, the English translation service of the service is in progress, and the users of the Korean community are gathering in progress.

If the translation process is completed to some extent, the English version service will start.

Among the users of Vincentus,
If you can speak Korean, please join us through the link below.

Http://heroes.gamedot.org/opentranslate
(Login required)

Sooner or later, I'll try to get good news again.
Thank you.

Original
-
안녕하세요, 빈딕투스 포럼 유저 여러분.
좋은 소식이 있어 알려드리기 위해 방문하였습니다.

저의 이메일을 통하여 "탱크블레이드"님의 요청에 따라 한국의 Vindictus 팬 사이트인 "Gamedot"에서 영문판 서비스를 준비 중에 있습니다.
현재 영문판 서비스의 오픈 번역 프로젝트가 진행 중이며, 한국 커뮤니티의 유저분들이 모여 진행 중에 있습니다.

어느정도 번역 진행이 완료된다면, 영문판 서비스가 시작될 예정 입니다.

혹시 빈딕투스 유저분들 중에서도
한국어를 하실 수 있다면 아래 링크를 통하여 많은 참여 부탁드립니다.

http://heroes.gamedot.org/opentranslate
(로그인 필요)

조만간 다시 한번 좋은 소식을 가져올 수 있도록 노력해보겠습니다.
감사합니다.
DelterosPrototypemindSoulnessAzurewraithMonohaXieTabbedMochiSweet탱크블레이드Velisiriaand 15 others.

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Ah thank you for letting everyone know :) But yes everyone he has started a big project in creating a translated version of the Power Book. It is in progress and coming along very well :)
    Order5
  • VelisiriaVelisiria
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Great to see people are helping together for translated project. Thank you for everyone effort and looking forward for updates :)
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited March 14, 2017
    Thank you, can't wait. :)
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited March 14, 2017
    Thank you, looking forward to this. <3
  • ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Just waiting for mods to delete this thread now lol. We can't have this kind of info. They think its against TOS
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 14, 2017
    We've made way more progress than I anticipated to be completely honest xD There's even a test english site that does indeed update realtime with each line we translate in the system.

0e8b972ed7dfd7539fb08c765e0f4726.img
    MochiSweetPrototypemindPixelPantsu
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    ArishaL wrote: »
    Just waiting for mods to delete this thread now lol. We can't have this kind of info. They think its against TOS

at least the ppl who are in charge will not receive any punishment/banhammer that leading into site suspension because they don't play in US server, we good :3
    BloodAngelPrototypemind
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I personally don't see an issue for having a fan site as vast in the in game information as this. It's BECAUSE of fan site support that players support their games vastly. All I know is you guys didn't have an up to date one anymore after what happened so I reached out to Gamedot and hoped to see if we can make it happen. Well here we are translating an English version for you all :)

It's funny because originally there WAS no plan for it xD But they saw the need for it for you guys so they decided to develop a system to make it happen. :P
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Happpppppyyyy :3 I don't even remember my evie's build and now I'll be able to recreate it :D
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    edited March 15, 2017
    We've made way more progress than I anticipated to be completely honest xD There's even a test english site that does indeed update realtime with each line we translate in the system.

0e8b972ed7dfd7539fb08c765e0f4726.img

Isn't that just Google Chrome's auto translate feature +haha
    To be honest it helped me translate some of the lines and tweak others
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 15, 2017
    Actually no. If you read the description on the translate section you will see a http://heroes.gamedot.org/entest which enables the english text that's put into the site directly. It's at the top of the page :P But comparing using a translator and actual translation most of the stuff that's translated so far as been straight forward since it's not long sentences and paragraphs and such. But since i'm not 100% proficient in Korean yet I use both methods to make sure. If you try google translate on the site in Chrome it actually translates EVERYTHING while what you see in that screenshot doesn't have everything translated. Since my OS with a Korean version of Windows Chrome doesn't ask for automatic translations which is nice.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I personally don't see an issue for having a fan site as vast in the in game information as this. It's BECAUSE of fan site support that players support their games vastly. All I know is you guys didn't have an up to date one anymore after what happened so I reached out to Gamedot and hoped to see if we can make it happen. Well here we are translating an English version for you all :)

It's funny because originally there WAS no plan for it xD But they saw the need for it for you guys so they decided to develop a system to make it happen. :P

Well it's not an issue of having the site, it's that the requirements to mine the info in order to run those sites runs afoul of Nexon Global's chosen "threat detection" system. I'm guessing that KR and the other Asian regions don't use Black Cipher and as such don't run into nearly so many false positives. The KR community also has a lot more pull and perma-banning major contributors wouldn't go over very well where as here the mods will just delete any reference to what happened until it calms down.
  • DelterosDelteros
    Vindictus Rep: 2,855
    Actually no. If you read the description on the translate section you will see a http://heroes.gamedot.org/entest which enables the english text that's put into the site directly. It's at the top of the page :P But comparing using a translator and actual translation most of the stuff that's translated so far as been straight forward since it's not long sentences and paragraphs and such. But since i'm not 100% proficient in Korean yet I use both methods to make sure. If you try google translate on the site in Chrome it actually translates EVERYTHING while what you see in that screenshot doesn't have everything translated. Since my OS with a Korean version of Windows Chrome doesn't ask for automatic translations which is nice.

Ah that makes more sense now, seems like it came out great :)

KR and CN do have BlackCipher but I still doubt that they have as many false positives as NA does
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    Inb4 the makers get banned.
    Anthonytonyboy
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Yeah we have Black Cipher. It works all the same if anything. Its more along the lines of if you arent giving yourself an unfair advantage in game then they really arent worried. In fact of all things we have a spa timer which tracks who uses soaps and in what town/channel. THAT alone pretty much tells you that KR doesnt mind a fan site as vast as that.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Would love it if the damage multiplier tables get translated, the english ones currently floating around on the net are pretty badly outdated.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 15, 2017
    Yeah things are indeed in progress. As more translations hit I am checking the currently translated content and making sure things are as accurate as possible using a live tab of the site and a tab of the listed translations. I will be sure to keep everyone updated on it's further progress :)

Edit: I will also be contacting GAMEDOT on setting up a Quality Check section for checking the translated quality so this makes it easier to QA the content.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    +wow a soap timer. Nice. Reminds me of thinks like the countdown timers for GW2 that tell you when all world bosses will spawn.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 15, 2017
    Haha yeah. Since ours on KR relies on our Vindictus mobile app to work there isn't a known way to create one for your server unfortunately. I really don't think Nexon NA will be willing to give us a hand on that either.

Edit: As of current the Test English site is down. We are currently waiting on GAMEDOT to add more entries to translate as well as get the site back up.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited March 16, 2017
    Coming through with another update. We managed to get this going. So far I THINK this page and all of it's elements are done. If there was something missed please screenshot the untranslated part and I will fix it when time allows (currently at work). Pay no mind to the links in Korean at the top. Those are directed towards the Korean end of the site and have not been touched by the site owner yet. I spot the box titles have not been translated yet either. We haven't gotten those lines in our list just yet.

Edit: The new url for the English Site is http://vindictus.gamedot.org/ do keep in mind that it is still in heavy work of translation so as we update the lines the site owner will update the live test files. Also PLEASE post your feedback here and a better suggested line of translation if something doesn't make sense.

1146594d6a5c30a56b10b2bf6c460147.img