[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Light theme

ChaeldarChaeldar
Vindictus Rep: 1,465
in Suggestions and Feedback
Please implement a theme with lighter colours. I would like to preserve my eyes for little longer.
YukaniajuiceboxboxDangeINekonomimiPomHakuboiBlawrghPixelPantsuTawxxRhapsodyOfFire
  1. Does this theme give you headaches?34 votes
    1. Yes
       41% (14 votes)
    2. Help, I've gone blind!
       35% (12 votes)
    3. No
       24% (8 votes)

Comments

• DangeIDangeI
    Vindictus Rep: 705
    edited October 25, 2016
    +1

Give us more themes to choose from, please. I would definitely prefer more options.

Switching from fully black screen to any other lighter/white sites just makes my eyes go blind.

Even the contrast on this site: bottom part being black and upper part "Vindictus" outline being bright damages my eyes.
  • YukaniaYukania
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    edited October 25, 2016
    I'm scrolling down and it is dark, I'm scrolling up and "argh, help, this light background, my eyes!"
    It's not easy to concentrade on these bright colored letters on dark forum eighter
  • NekonomimiNekonomimi
    Vindictus Rep: 650
    I'm all in for having the option to choose a dark or light theme, specially if it means not having dark/bright blinding contrast like when we scroll up and down right now.
  • DrusaDrusa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,100
    I'm accepting donations from the community for any future laser eye surgeries provided anyone has suffered blindness caused by this forum.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/fundingforeyesurgery
    Nekonomimi
  • NorithNorith
    Vindictus Rep: 520
    For the sake of human eyes! +1
  • HakuboiHakuboi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Yeah, it is really taxing on the eyes. Should take an example of discord. It uses a lighter black/dark grey.

This forum so edgy, I cut my eyes.
  • AnthonytonyboyAnthonytonyboy
    Vindictus Rep: 4,665
    Please add as 2nd theme, not change it aka remove black background, i need it image
    juiceboxboxPixelPantsuSlothPrincess
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    /signed
    Rarity
  • danielfromdowntowndanielfromdowntown
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    haha as if they're going to take the time and actually do this
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited October 25, 2016
    At the very least, make the text lighter like in the post box or the like/ insightful/ quote/ report.
    White/ bright colors against a dark background really kills your eyes.
    Poppaea
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I would also like to see the text color dimmed a bit, the way it is in the text fields and buttons is fine. It's also very hard to differentiate the bold text from non-bold with the current text color.

This is how the Vindictus Wiki uses lighter text on a dark background, it's much easier to look at.
    PixelPantsu
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    danielfromdowntown

haha as if they're going to take the time and actually do this
    We totally do.

With regard to the actual suggestion, it's a possibility in the future. This is the first iteration, and we know some tweaks / adjustments are necessary. We're not planning to add an additional theme anytime soon, but we could make some minor adjustments to the current theme a lot easier.
  • ChaeldarChaeldar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,465
    Please don't forget about this! This theme's dark colours are quite straining to the eyes.
  • DangeIDangeI
    Are there any news?
  • MagicalKissMagicalKiss
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    emote.png
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Being a graphic designer i would say that the best eye-friendly solution (since we talk about reading) would be the dark letters on a light background. Unless you want to promote something and you need this kind of visuals by all means.
  • DangeIDangeI
    It's been almost a year and I have finally gone blind, thank you very much.

(braille keyboard btw)
    Leucosie