[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why can't i get from +9 to +10 :CCCC

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Chubui wrote: »
    Only enhance when Ferghus says "Welcome to the Forge"

Easy +20% success

Source: My dad codes for nexon

ppl actually taking this seriously
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Chubui wrote: »
    Only enhance when Ferghus says "Welcome to the Forge"

Easy +20% success

Source: My dad codes for nexon

... I lost brain cells reading that.
  • KaramythKaramyth
    Vindictus Rep: 1,560
    do it with the +10 coupon thats coming +best
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    In this game 40% fail chance is hight, but 40% success chance is low. I've been witness and expierenced myself constant and consecutive fails of master enchant scroll (60% success chance 40% fail chance) but it took me around 10 tries to succeed a +11 (40% success chance 60% fail chance)
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    RNG is RNG. I failed the same amount of times as well on my bow and that reminds my why +ing isn't worth it when I could spend the coin on soda instead. It's SO-DApressing.

you do know that nothing is random when it comes to computers and its software. its all programmed so if the RnG is crap then Nexon made it that way, it isn't random.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    "random" in any context other than quantum mechanics is interchangeable with "unpredictable"
    Order5
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    "random" in any context other than quantum mechanics is interchangeable with "unpredictable"

There are engines that are close enough to "true" randomness so as not to make a difference, but I can't imagine game developers investing the resources to develop a system that accesses something like that.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    sorry i should have said "predictable if one has the means to do so". our everyday examples of random things like coin flips can be predicted if we could calculate all the physics involved.
    in response to "nothing is random when it comes to computers and its software. its all programmed so if the RnG is crap then Nexon made it that way, it isn't random." i'm trying to say that RNG isn't true randomness but it's as good as a coin flip if we do not know the inner workings of the RNG and can't predict its outcome.

There are engines that are close enough to "true" randomness so as not to make a difference, but I can't imagine game developers investing the resources to develop a system that accesses something like that.

i've never heard of this and am interested to know more. by true randomness does it mean not bound by causality? i.e. if we were somehow to rewind time after this random machine spits out a number, it could spit out a different one?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited March 8, 2017
    sorry i should have said "predictable if one has the means to do so". our everyday examples of random things like coin flips can be predicted if we could calculate all the physics involved.
    in response to "nothing is random when it comes to computers and its software. its all programmed so if the RnG is crap then Nexon made it that way, it isn't random." i'm trying to say that RNG isn't true randomness but it's as good as a coin flip if we do not know the inner workings of the RNG and can't predict its outcome.

i've never heard of this and am interested to know more. by true randomness does it mean not bound by causality? i.e. if we were somehow to rewind time after this random machine spits out a number, it could spit out a different one?

Atmospheric noise and radioactive decay are two examples. They are listed in categories with the instances of quantum randomness. Technically not even those are random, but they aren't values that any machine or person could ever predict for, so they're close enough, hah.

Looking at some sites it actually looks like it actually wouldn't be all that expensive at all to have access to RNG systems that utilize those as their sources for randomness, so I guess that makes what goes on in games like this questionable. I posted this thread because of some of the craziness that goes on in this game:
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2437/random-is-random

Making it to +15 is even more likely than what I did there, and I and other players had it happen multiple times during the event.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

Theres actually an article by someone who managed to game Aion's RNG system. Aion apparently has a /roll command that lets you generate random numbers, so you could use it to time their version of enhancing/enchanting and get maxed out gear once you figured out a pattern.
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    I don't get it.... Why are we still talking about this "randomness RNG" as if it's still a mystery. The files have been leaked back in June last year.

Now I'm no game developer so excuse me for butchering your tech lingo, but when you fiddle with the files you can see the percentage values in those hex tables. This is how private servers tweaked the enhancement rates so everybody in their server could run around with +15's. Clearly it's something that's as easy as changing a certain value in those hex-whatever table files. (hfs files?)

Sure, nobody knows the inner-inner-inner workings of Vindi as only the server files were leaked and not the actual source code, but why are we still talking about it as if it's still a riddle, when some of this "RNG" is as simple as changing certain values in certain files...