[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Rank the characters/weapons by difficulty

RyoukaiRyoukai
Vindictus Rep: 525
in General Discussion
I was curious about the difficulty of each weapon when ranked on eachother.

Comments

• RivaRiva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Greatsword Hurk >>>>>>>>> rest >>> Staff Evie >>> Chainblade Vella >>> Bow/Crossgun Kai.

Greatsword Hurk has the hardest playstyle requiring constant multiple inputs going forward and backwards to maintain optimal distance to hit with the back-end of your smashes.

The speed of mixing up between the two attacks and the technical knowledge required to time these attacks against the boss' own attacks as well as maintaining constant and optimal damage output means Greatsword Hurk is the hardest to play.

If you don't think so then you have obviously never played Greatsword Hurk at an endgame level, you have no idea what you are talking about, and/or you're naturally a god at Greatsword Hurk and that kind of multi-directional, multi-pathing, multi-timing attack pattern comes to you more naturally than playing Scythe Evie (dodge when attacked, 3rd or 4th smash in when you can and trigger, that's all her gameplay requires).

If you doubt me you can show me a solo requiring more accurate multiple inputs and more timing than this while maintaining constant attack pressure against the boss.
    RivaBreadmanQuinqueKiyouji
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Hurk is complex but I doubt that's what OP meant by most difficult. Anyways the same as what you said can be said for Bow kai in terms of maximizing DPS since hitting those hunter eye marks is damn near impossible in some bosses. The most difficult class to play though IMO is spear lann then Lynn then Arisha ...... Then easiest in terms of survival is probably Kai.
    hi5josh
  • BreadmanBreadman
    edited March 4, 2017
    Pretty much, no class is simple if we're talking about maximizing DPS.
    Fiona gets a lot of flak for being "brain dead", but you can only ever see the 30+% S3 Fionas once in a blue moon despite there being plenty of Fionas.
    Even that example of Scythe being just dodge and smash 3/4 is a gross over simplification. That's just like saying "Hurk is just dodge R dodge RR" that we've all heard too much by now.
    GewelliriousjjX
  • CessaCessa
    Breadman wrote: »
    Pretty much, no class is simple if we're talking about maximizing DPS.

I've made that argument multiple times before. You can still find topics where I argue that exact point in the old forums.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 4, 2017
    Breadman wrote: »
    Even that example of Scythe being just dodge and smash 3/4 is a gross over simplification. That's just like saying "Hurk is just dodge R dodge RR" that we've all heard too much by now.

Thanks.

I wouldn't outdps so many better-geared-than-me Scythes if the only thing she does is shift RR + 3/4th smashes. That's exactly like I would say "Hurk is shift R".
    Funny considering PRE doesn't have combo bonus as well and I'm still ahead most of the times, or slightly behind/equal deeps than +13s +. (except some Yohaad yesterday but I played bad, oh well f*ck this boss either)
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    I think Spear Lann. He is at very high risk in terms of survivability, but he has great DPS when you play him efficiently. So, high risk comes with high reward. I would say he is one of the easiest classes to learn, yet one of the hardest to master.
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    I'd say difficulty is relative to the player. I've heard some say a weapon is hard to play as well as others saying the same weapon is super easy. But in terms of a relatively high skill floor, as in you'll have to take a bit of effort and experimenting to get used to, I'd say Lynn and Lann are definitely the hardest. Getting used to gold mark timings or reacting to criticals definitely needs some assistance from muscle memory.
    Personally, I don't really see any weapons to be genuinely difficult to play - just that some are difficult to maximize.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Hardest to solo?

Hardest Overall?

Hardest to maximize dps with?

Hardest to master?

Hardest to AP max?

Kind of generalizing what would be called "hardest character" considering that everything is dependent on the player.
    hi5joshRivaGewelliriousjjX
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Skill floor:
    Bow Kai < Chain Vella < Sword Vella < Fiona < Karok < XGun < Sword Lann < Evie < Hurk = Spear Lann = Sylas = Delia = Arisha < Lynn

Skill Ceiling:
    Sword Vella < Chain Vella < Delia < Karok < Scythe Evie < Staff Evie < Sword Lann < Sylas < Kai < Spear Lann < Fiona < Hurk = Arisha = Lynn
    arkaine757
  • FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited March 4, 2017
    Spear Lann is up there because reacting to the blinks and non-blinks (crit/non-crits) take real effort. And you kinda need to gear up before you can make the most out of Spear Lann (which is RNG as hell, getting some crit so I can use gliding and lightning fury in S3 with a really ghetto Deadly set as a F2P player)

Sandbag bosses are a joke, they don't really count.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    lynn is piss easy to play shes easily the easiest character to play, but thats not saying much about vindictus' other characters
  • NAplsstopNAplsstop
    Vindictus Rep: 325
    Thanks.

I wouldn't outdps so many better-geared-than-me Scythes if the only thing she does is shift RR + 3/4th smashes. That's exactly like I would say "Hurk is shift R".
    Funny considering PRE doesn't have combo bonus as well and I'm still ahead most of the times, or slightly behind/equal deeps than +13s +. (except some Yohaad yesterday but I played bad, oh well f*ck this boss either)

hey isn't it about that time again when you declare you're quitting? Should be like 9th now.
    Anyway this game is full RNG and everyone with +13 and above doesn't deserve their weapon and every raid i can't do IS ALL ABOUT STATS AND GEAR AND THE PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE ME I CAN DESTROY YOU ANYTIME I WANTTTTTT.

:^)
    edited March 4, 2017
    7th* like 7th Hokage :^))

Anyway, pretty sure you are one of those that is still mad salty about some random server (that I owned btw) + doesn't even play this game anymore. (or is bad at it anyway)

No need to go any further in terms of wasting my time.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    How does one deserve a high enhanced weapon? It's RNG-based, not earned.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    How does one deserve a high enhanced weapon? It's RNG-based, not earned.

A lot of people propose the argument, "You have a +15 and I beat you with a +10, so I deserve to have that more than you do." True that in most cases no one ever really "earns" their +15s, but if someone's going around doing insanely well with a +10 as a difficult character like Spear Lann, I can see why one might say he deserves something higher than RNG is letting him get.
    Cashews wrote: »
    A lot of people propose the argument, "You have a +15 and I beat you with a +10, so I deserve to have that more than you do." True that in most cases no one ever really "earns" their +15s, but if someone's going around doing insanely well with a +10 as a difficult character like Spear Lann, I can see why one might say he deserves something higher than RNG is letting him get.

It's about being the same character btw.

• FunnyGuy112FunnyGuy112
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited March 4, 2017
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Hurk is complex but I doubt that's what OP meant by most difficult. Anyways the same as what you said can be said for Bow kai in terms of maximizing DPS since hitting those hunter eye marks is damn near impossible in some bosses. The most difficult class to play though IMO is spear lann then Lynn then Arisha ...... Then easiest in terms of survival is probably Kai.

I actually agree with the saying that just because something is "complex" that doesn't mean it can't be forgiving, if I might add. And I'm looking at something like D/D ele in GW2 back when sPvP was actually good.

Hurk vs. Lann for example? I could mistime my dodge on Hurk and it will still proc impenetrable. That simple fact is an "advantage" where as if I don't react properly on with spear Lann where I try to use gliding fury when a non-blink smash happens, I will get chunked for a lot of damage. That whole mechanic makes Hurk more forgiving than Lann even tho Hurk is "hard to master" or "complex"

EDIT: More importantly, I'm talking about if both Hurk and Lann DO NOT have trans. Lann becomes easy mode with trans but you have it every hour so there's that.

Like a casual player doing Keaghan with Spear Lann or Hurk? He would do way better with Hurk. I'm sure mastering the game is pretty much a different story tho.
    Gewellirious
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Cestus Karok requires alot of thinking and perfect buff management to get high dps. Therefore he is my pick for the hardest class to master.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    edited March 4, 2017
    If we are talking about using you're class perfect or mastering you're class then Bow kai in my own personal opinion, getting Headshots while hitting the hunters eye for the dps and stam and at the same time not missing or you will lose sp which=less damage, Then using his super short invul dodge of .33 secs
    This Solo is showing that, most likly the best kai on vindictus
    EnigmaTaroSamalenko