[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Attack requirement boats are wrecking the game

NovuNovu
Vindictus Rep: 1,050
in General Discussion
It is even worse now that requirements are enforced at the board. In the past it was always pretty easy to get a boat even if it had a requirement on it few hosts checked. Nowadays every host puts the requirements insanely high and if I host missions myself nobody joins. I am not even talking about the Neamhain raid but stuff like Garden of Tears.

Are five minute long Season 3 runs really necessary? This is how games die. When high end players shun the low end players it is over. There is nothing to do at level 90.

Comments

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited March 13, 2017
    Where exactly are you seeing these boats? 99% of the time, I don't see them at all.
    Dinko4TheWinQuinqueVoldaireAxteria
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Quick battle in a nutshell.

Anyway to the topic, if you're trying to board of a quick battle, YES, it does have an attack requirement. Regular battles are usually dependent on the host and sometimes you run into one of those guys that go all wild over the attack stat (when it's capped at 23,000 for s3 runs, 18,000 on s2, and freaking 14,000 on s1).

If it happens, it happens. Just sometimes ye got to take it with a grain of salt and hope that someone who hosts does not include an attack requirement (falls under my case if you're a west player) hosts it for you.

If there's a situation where you need better gear, there are dungeons that can be farmed easily and produce gold where said gold can be used to buy better weapons.

I do apologize that it happened to you. I was a victim myself at some point. Persistence will pay off at some point, I am sure of that.

ArishaL
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited March 3, 2017
    The game isn't 'dying' because of restrictive boats. And ATT requirements are easily met with S3 gear. Nowadays you must really try to not get into the 20k range given how much game babysits you through free gear from rewards.
    2edgy4uDrachusTsunVoldaire
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 3, 2017
    In the time that I've been back over these past two weeks I've never seen an attack requirement boat with the exception of quick battles. To better show Hornywatermelon's point about how easy it is to hit those requirements, here was my setup when I came back.

+10 Braha Spears (Orange)
    +0 braha mail/terminus sentinal (orange)
    Two thunder rings
    Sapphire Brooch
    Pirate earrings
    Emerald/Ruby Bracelets

Everything except the pirate earrings are 2 star. No infusions and the only enchants I have are enduring&master on my chest piece.

All that got me close to 21k attack. Given the fact that everything I've listed can be easily obtained, you should easily be able to meet all attack requirements with the exception Nemhain. That raid is for people who are maxed out in both numbers and skill, and while I do believe I have skill, I know I do not have the required numbers and I'm okay with that.
    jjX
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    edited March 3, 2017
    I see the occasional '230abc' or whatever boats, but the quick battle requirements are ridiculously low and I've never been kicked from a QB boat with my completely unscrolled scrub gear.
    You only need 14k att to get on S2 raids, and 18k att for S3, which is VERY easy to get nowadays, even with just purple level 90 gear and basic accessories. If even the devs think that people below 18k shouldn't go into S3 raids, then maybe people affected by this should just put a bit more efford into their gear instead of counting on getting carried. There is no way that this is 'wrecking the game' because then a lot of the MMOs out there would be dying right now. All MMOs with some sort of dungeon system will always have some sort of requirements to be met before entering, doesn't matter if it's incorporated by the game or made up by the players.

Could it be that you're not level 90 yet? If so, that would explain why nobody joins your partys, most people are kind of biased in that regard, because they think it might lag or that they would need to carry you.
  • MaximusMaximus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    The game isn't 'dying' because of restrictive boats. And ATT requirements are easily met with S3 gear. Nowadays you must really try to not get into the 20k range given how much game babysits you through free gear from rewards.

Yeah, but if your just starting out in S3, you can't really get any S3 gear yet and the attack restrictions are such a pain! I'm stuck running the mountain from S2 for AP so I can lvl up my skills on my Kai just to get to the 18,000 att/Matt for Garden of tears!
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    purple weapons are so cheap on the mp. enhance it to +8 (or +5 if youre poor). if that still doesnt get you there, wait for someone to use soap or use a kitty potion.
    Maximus wrote: »
    Yeah, but if your just starting out in S3, you can't really get any S3 gear yet and the attack restrictions are such a pain! I'm stuck running the mountain from S2 for AP so I can lvl up my skills on my Kai just to get to the 18,000 att/Matt for Garden of tears!
    there is very little att to gain by using AP. STR mastery past rank A isn't worth it. you'd be better off buying the temporary accessories from AP shop.

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 3, 2017
    Maximus wrote: »

You shouldn't have an AP shortage as long as you leveled and reached S3 without any %XP boosts (VIP, Blessings, Completion Boosts). Yes, using those gets you to higher levels quicker, but those buffs don't raise your gained AP as well and so the tradeoff for fast leveling is being gimped in AP. If you used boosts without considering this, that's your own fault. If you didn't use boosting items, then I don't know what to tell you.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    atk req boats? idk what the hell are u talking about
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Are you talking about the minimum requirement that Quick Battle is needed (18000+)? You can do that easily, even with blue or purple 90s weapon.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited March 4, 2017
    Did I accidentally step into a time machine? Sure feels like 2015 in here.
    Or just another person who doesn't even play the game talking about the game :rolleyes:
    ZupserojjXEnigmaTaro
  • CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited March 4, 2017
    Breadman wrote: »
    Did I accidentally step into a time machine? Sure feels like 2015 in here.
    Or just another person who doesn't even play the game talking about the game :rolleyes:

The majority of veteran players are now gone. You are suffering from the lack of knowledgeable players.
    Without those better players around to "police" the boards and answer topics like these you feel you are subjected to them more and more.

Also, without a healthy number of knowledgeable players around in the game discussing actual game mechanics and endgame things you get to bask in these kinds of topics where people who don't know too much about the game ask really pointless questions or make really uneducated assertions about the game.

===========

Back to the question at hand.

A purple +10 weapon with purple level 90 gear will allow you access to all endgame content with the exception of Pretty Spear Blonde Leather Tightsuit Girl and Giratina.

But I will cede the point that attack requirements on quick battles should simply be removed. There is literally NO reason for their existence nowadays, especially with the population as small as it is. There are almost no boats being hosted. It could be that some players who have computers able to host are being walled by Nexon's stupid attack requirements for S2 and S3 raids.

I understand that strictly speaking from a profit point of view this is desirable because it will force players to buy enhance runes to at least get a +10 purple weapon. Which will then become instantly useless because if you want to progress from there you have to get an orange weapon and then buy more enhancement runes to get +10 on that again. That's profits for Nexon.

Yet at the same time it is driving players away by making them really annoyed. Annoyed enough that they come to the forums to make these kinds of topics discussing attack caps. I urge Nexon to really think about why player are playing the game and why player population is declining in Vindictus. You have a great product here that you can market and sell really well to a gaming playerbase that have already become mired into the "difficult boss battles" approach of Dark Souls and BloodBorne. No other game offers this kind of combat system. But if you continue in profiteering and demanding players who just want to enjoy the game to pay a premium to access the game then they will more than likely quit the game and move on to other games. You must have internal statistics that show that player population is lower than ever. That must show in terms of profit revenue from Vindictus.

I'm asking the management to actually play the game and take a look at what the walls and constraints are for players enjoying the game. I know you're probably just some person that comes into a job or some suit up in corporate and all you see are dollar signs on a chart going up or down. But that's not how you run a successful game. All you're doing with how disjointed you are to the playerbase is showing the players you don't care and driving the game into the ground until you reach a point where it's unprofitable and then you sell it off. Look at Dungeon Fighter and Dragon Nest. Talk to the veteran players who have played this game since forever. Talk to the players who have played it forever and have nothing to show for it. There is a disease in Vindictus with the destruction of items upon enhancement and it is taking its toll on the players. Literally culling the numbers and soon the numbers will show a loss of money at every quarterly report. Even the players who don't partake in enhancing feel it as a canker or a sore that depletes their enjoyment of the game once they have played enough to reach that point.

You are in a position to fight for changes that will bring Vindictus back to marketable standards and generate a great amount of income by allowing players to obtain what they want and what they need to enjoy the game and to keep playing the game.
    BreadmanXieDAOWAce
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Ikarsu wrote: »

I do apologize that it happened to you. I was a victim myself at some point. Persistence will pay off at some point, I am sure of that.

Same here, I joined the game when requirement was a thing. Yeah, Keaghan 14K or 16K...dont remember anymore....
    This is why I never kick any players from my party whenever I am hosting, unless I needed that last spot for guildy...

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    There are attack req. boats ?
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    It's not hard at all to get 18k. You must be playing the game wrong.

There's also the option of joining a guild you know.
    Voldaire
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    People shouldn't be in such a hurry to do S3 raids. Even after reaching lvl 90 I spent a long time doing only S2 raids while I geared up properly.

No one should feel good about being a leech and getting carried every single raid.
    Voldaire
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    never seen this boats.. 18k is really easy to reach tho
  • ChubuiChubui
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    If you have less than 18k you will either hug the floor every raid or deal <1% damage for s3.
  • PurePure
    Vindictus Rep: 1,175
    edited March 5, 2017
    The quick battle requirements are not high, people's requirements are higher and harder to reach (200/230/250/270 ABC).

Level 60 raids require a max of 9606 ATK, unless you for some reason want to do hero mode (some require less) which you should have with a level 60 weapon, S2 - 14.000 ATK (can you have less with level 80 weapons...? INT classes get there even with the lvl 70 event force gear; the lower difficulty requires 11.000 ATK which you must have with level 70 gear, I think...), S3 - 18.000 ATK. 18.000 ATK is doable even with level 80 weapons (the event +9 impending maelstrom ones should manage that even).
    Voldaire
  • NotRainNotRain
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    The QB requirements are there to warn new players that they cant do the battle with low att. At 18k you don't even need equips just a wep and for those that dont reach 18k, just buy a full blue set for 200k and you'll be at 18k att. Also no reason to remove the att min requirements because it does not affect anyone. If you think your skill is amazing and you can do dmg to Regina then setup a party of 8 people with <18k att and tell me how it goes because it will help you understand why the game offers requirements.

When regina first came out most people were at 18-19k att, it would take 20+ min and a bucket of GGs to get through the battle... fun