[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Share the Moosic!

Comments

• DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    ThyNameIsSpazzyAndromedaGM
  • VanisaurVanisaur
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited June 6, 2017
    AndromedaGM
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    AndromedaGM
  • ThyNameIsSpazzyThyNameIsSpazzy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,820
    edited February 25, 2017
    AndromedaGM
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    AndromedaGM
    AndromedaGM
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    AndromedaGM
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    AndromedaGM
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375

^^
    DNAnthraXAndromedaGM
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    Let's continue with Dark Souls :) One of my favorite bosses in the game, cuz of the relation to the Artorias.
    RhapsodyOfFireAndromedaGM
    AndromedaGMBlawrghGewellirious
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    AndromedaGM
    DNAnthraX wrote: »
    Let's continue with Dark Souls :) One of my favorite bosses in the game, cuz of the relation to the Artorias.

That's just a reference to Artorias and Sif's story. As the entire 3rd game is set in a different timeline as Solaire told in the 1st game that "the flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out". It might be a parallel universe/timeline (but on the edge of an imminent age of dark) since there are many references to the first game and although some characters look similar, they have different names. The only character whose name remained is Andre of Astora. He became Andre the Blacksmith but in the 1st game he was the only character whose mouth moved when he talked. So it remains a mystery why he is so exceptional.

As for the Abyss watchers they praise the Wolf Blood Master that is a reference to Artorias but maybe it's not a human or semi-god and it can be the Old Wolf of Farron itself since they are members of the Farron covenant.

Personally my favourite remains the first game. : P

AndromedaGM
  • ZentrixxZentrixx
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    AndromedaGM
  • DNAnthraXDNAnthraX
    That's just a reference to Artorias and Sif's story. As the entire 3rd game is set in a different timeline as Solaire told in the 1st game that "the flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out". It might be a parallel universe/timeline (but on the edge of an imminent age of dark) since there are many references to the first game and although some characters look similar, they have different names. The only character whose name remained is Andre of Astora. He became Andre the Blacksmith but in the 1st game he was the only character whose mouth moved when he talked. So it remains a mystery why he is so exceptional.

As for the Abyss watchers they praise the Wolf Blood Master that is a reference to Artorias but maybe it's not a human or semi-god and it can be the Old Wolf of Farron itself since they are members of the Farron covenant.

Yeah, i know all that. I've dug out pretty much everything in the game. Also watched ENB's ''from the dark'' playthrough, dunno if you heard it. I love the first game's atmosphere and bosses more than the third game. Especially the DLC was awesome and then the remorse you get for killing Sif. :/
    The thing that i hate most about the third game is, parry frames. I'm still bad at it even with small shields.
    Anyway, onto the point.

AndromedaGM
  • XieXie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,115
    AndromedaGMBlawrgh
    edited March 1, 2017
    DNAnthraX wrote: »
    Yeah, i know all that. I've dug out pretty much everything in the game. Also watched ENB's ''from the dark'' playthrough, dunno if you heard it. I love the first game's atmosphere and bosses more than the third game. Especially the DLC was awesome and then the remorse you get for killing Sif. :/
    The thing that i hate most about the third game is, parry frames. I'm still bad at it even with small shields.

Nice! : )

I watched a couple of videos of him. But i prefer reading so i read all of the item descriptions and dialogues plus some fan-made theories when i was playing the game for the first time. As for parrying i don't feel that much difference in the third game. The Parrying Dagger and bucklers still make it a bit easier to do. Don't forget that you can only parry swing attacks. You can't parry other kinds of attacks like thrust, kick and crush attacks.

Edit:
    I made a mistake. I tested it and it seems that thrusting and crushing attacks are parriable. But it's difficult to do that especially against spears and some kind of rapiers because they are just too fast. It's almost impossibru. >.<

AndromedaGM
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    edited February 28, 2017
    OBSESSED with the chorus

AndromedaGM
  • VanisaurVanisaur
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited March 11, 2018
    AndromedaGMBlawrgh
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875