[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Divine Punishment - The legacy of time!

DominniqueDominnique
Vindictus Rep: 740
edited October 3, 2020 in Guild and Raid Recruitment
WJ1qMvS.jpg

Greetings Fellow Mercenary!

Divine Punishment is a Vindictus Europe Guild created by Dominnique. We are the oldest still-standing community. If you're here because you're thinking about applying to Divine Punisment guild, you'll probably want to start by reading a bit about our community and its rules.
Above all else you read here Divine Punishment is a collection of friends that meet in Vindictus to have fun. While each of us may find joy in different aspects of play, the end result is the same. We gather together under the same guild to be with like minded individuals and be a part of a community. In any community you will have differences of opinion and belief. The ability to discuss an issue and not argue is what makes us courtious. The following rules are in place to help us give an even hand to all members of Divine Punishment. In a perfect world noone would ever need them.

Guild Rules

- Respect the members the way you’d like to be respected. Maintain a friendly atmosphere inside the guild.
- Act maturely. There is no age limit or gender selection in our guild and I think we can all get along fine if we try to be a little responsible and mature.
- Do not insult your fellow guildies as well as the other players from Vindictus. It reflects a bad image on our guild.
- Don’t beg. If you need farm or help with a hard dungeon, kindly ask in the guildchat. If the whole guild is busy, wait until someone finishes up.
- Cheating, hacking, buying gold and exploiting bugs is strictly forbidden. You’re endangering the guildmembers and other players by doing that. You will be immediately removed from the guild and reported to Nexon.

These rules that are to be acknowledged and followed by everyone. The difference between our community and the others is the small number of rules and almost complete transparency. The small number does not, in any way, mean the rules are of little importance. Every one of them is compressed in such a way that it will not limit or affect the player's free will.

Preliminaries

Our guild is founded around the principles of respect, transparency and freedom of will. There are no "must do" things, other than the basic common-sense attributes every player should have. Everyone appreciates back-up or support from guild (assists, game info, hints and tips. etc), so if you have time for using a feather or a minute to type a piece of info that wold save someone the time to search for online, please do help them. You will also be helped someday.
Some of the guildies in here are with me almost from the beginning. We do have a certain way of knowing each other and there is quite some time behind us as a guild. The integration of a new member depends mostly on his attitude. We don't ask much of you and some are extremely friendly, and you may take as much time as you need before deciding to share "yourself" with us.

There are Guild Sages online almost all time, so you have somebody to ask info from or to refer issues towards. They are chosen in such a way that they dedicate a lot of time and energy towards the guild, yet please do not abuse anyone.

It's important that we can do stuff together, hence:

- You have to be able to communicate with your guild - Do try to read and write English to a satisfactorily
- Your inactivity must stretch up to max 21 days before you will be kicked. You can rejoin the guild when you return by simply whispering a leader. This amendment does not apply if you are one of the legendary/founding players or if you let us know you're taking a break and for how long.

If you decide to be one of us, please whisper or mail Dominnique, Morvared, CrazyLU, forsakeNNN, oREDSTONEo.

You can also look us up on Facebook by searching "Divine Punishment Europe".

Best regards,
Dominnique

Comments

• DominniqueDominnique
    "We are the choices we make and the memories we carry."

[Archive #1 - 21.03.2013]
    As the new episode will soon be rolling around and having well over one year of forging my way throughout the Europe version of Vindictus, I feel the need as a guildmaster to make a bit of reflection on Divine Punishment Guild and the way it chose to become what it is today.

At first we were nothing, two evies wielding Watchtowers. Episode after episode, blow after blow we strove to overcome the challenges laid before us. It was only after Fomorian Base was implemented that we truly developed as a guild. Bonds were formed betwen a distinct core of DP. That core of 5-6 players who stuck it out through the thick and thin has grown to over 140 players, as proof that a solid legacy of determination and belief can really write history.

As I sit and listen to my raiders go at it with each other over strategies and hit the drawing boards as a team for hours upon hours I know that we are finally nearing what we aim to be as a guild. We never really got to be the first in the recruitment pool, but hell, do we make do with what we have. What we lacked in high DPS we made up in ambition and determination, in skill and strategy and our effort is living proof that if there is a will there is a way.

False pride, selfishness and self-righteous actions have been and are endlessly being elliminated from Divine Punishment and I believe this is the way to absolution. Day by day we become stronger, more united and so the guild becomes the purpose and the realized vision of a small Evie's dream: a team that can overcome any sort of challenge.

[...]
    Yours,
    Dominnique

• DominniqueDominnique

[Archive #2 - 10.03.2014]
    As we approach this... turning point in the journey of the game, I can just stop and glance around myself, around my guild and the community we're part of. Here and there I see players that still play, here and there I see shadows of the players that were...

It's long since I wanted to lay my last shout for the ones that left us... for the ones that chose another path... players we'll probably meet in other games if ever our paths shall cross again. My words are still poor, and paint but a pale image regarding how much I miss them.

This goes out for you Aglaia, Majikku, Esutema, Faolan, Makengi, Katsumi, WidowBlack and probably one of the most beloved: SaintGuardians. I appreciate you for what you were, for what you've built inside the very foundation of Divine and for everything you've done to make us a keystone in the history of Vindictus Europe. My sincerest love...

It is hardly the game we used to know... people left and many will leave from now on. For the ones that do: Farewell and best of luck in your future endeavors! May we meet again and share the joy of the lightful beginnings!

And for the ones that remain: We will be here, doing what we always do, regrouping and sticking together like we learned to along our existence. Join us! Be part of one of the oldest remaining guilds on Europe!

Lastly and most important, for the Divines: There was never anything that could stand in our way, and, thanks to your will of steel, glory was always within our reach. We will walk the same path we always have, the way we always did: together! Our wars are not over, and, until Nexon pulls the plug, Divine will carry on.

Kindest regards,
  • DominniqueDominnique

[Archive #3 - 10.05.2015]
    Almost 4 years of our story are behind us – the so close to my heart snowy yesterday when the guild was created. It’s difficult to coin out the meaning of time, the value of age and how it grows to be the ultimate weapon against dissolution and oblivion.

Yet Divine Punishment endures.

We play… against the odds and the nature of forgetfulness, we remain a cardinal point in the chaos of history. It isn’t survival anymore; it grew to the level where experience, knowledge of ingame criteria, the sense of fellowship and responsibility refine clockwork gaming strategies and blissful times together.

In the end it all comes down to the player’s game experience, and here we stand, living it the way we know best – together!

Simple rules, fair judgment, complete transparency, proactive attitude and passion are the keys to growth and we matched them all just right.

Thank you, Divine Punishment, for being alongside me.

Now let’s make a brighter tomorrow!

Sincerest love,
    Maia V.
  • DominniqueDominnique

[Archive #4 - 11.11.2015]
    …If I were to choose again, I’d make the exact same choices!

As the 5th year of our existence will soon be unfolding ahead I’d like to share the joy of the eternity we’ve so far spent together as a guild. As much as I want to think of a bad memory, I couldn’t name an episode that actually grew to harm the guild or myself permanently. All of it was constructive – in every way and at every turn, the handful of players that carried our name has taught me a lesson.

I loved every bit of the beginning, the light of it and its confusion. Few got to level 60 and we took turns in hosting runs for farming better weapons. Many players grew with us, some of them are still here. Then the first raids, 8-10-14 runs per day, schedules and guild websites – the age of alts.

The middle brought with it the refining process, where the alts were reduced and the mains got crystallized. Everyone made all the effort for the best. Each one of us contributed with the “everything we had” and that was simply amazing to observe.

The present started with more raids, boss patterns and drawing boards, over which we’ve spent hours upon hours, forging not mainly best gear, but epic determination. We learned then, after lots of blood, sweat and tears that there’s nothing that could hold us down. Divine was finally mature – it finally made the choices it needed all on its own. We knew how to detach from the mainstream and forge our own, unique way of experiencing the game – few or many we still follow that path today!

Sometimes I fell in love so deep with the purple words that kept growing, with the people and the stories, with the times inside and out. I laughed with you, I cried with you, I got furious and forgave with you. Allegiances grew and withered season after season, but my curse and blessing was to remember all the stories. Imagine 4 years of color and brightness, give it motion, life and magic and you’ve nearly touched the toe of all this blissful experience.

I can’t even… begin to thank you, the ones that are and the others that were, for everything. All of you are part of a wonderful story!

Regards,
    Maia V.
  • DominniqueDominnique

[Archive #5 - 10.02.2016]
    It all feels old, so much faded and… so much will fade from now on. Divine Punishment will be a choice, said I years ago. I’m still standing behind those words today and Divine still is a choice. When the soul grows old, the dimension of time changes – eventually the soul gets to master time.

Yet I feel not a day older, same for my raiders, and the blood still shines bright on our blades. Yes, new beginnings are dawning upon us, new joys – but some things cannot be replaced so easily.

I was always short with goodbyes, I won’t change now. For those who leave: Farewell and may we meet again with light, great warriors! Remember and value the Divines in you, for I loved each one of you as you chose to be loved. Divine and I will be here until the end.

As for the ones that remain by my side: sharpen those weapons and stand close together! We were always the first and the rebellious, we were the keepers of noble blood – we are the survivors and there’s still a lot more to build here.

Tomorrow never ends, yesterday is braided legacy and this day is a privilege to call ours!

Yours,
    Maia V.
  • DominniqueDominnique

[Archive #6 - 12.05.2016]
    I refuse to be a heart made of broken glass, on the edge of the underworld! After all the blades are used and the embers are dead, someone has to find some life in-between the rains of ash and with it, build another chapter of magic and moonlight.

I guess that's what ends the sands from the diamonds: the will to go on... the instinct to strive.
    There's never time for tears. There's always now!

I feel not a day older and so far I stood behind every word I've uttered.
    All came true - today is not the day this changes!

Let's carry on... for one more century!
    Yours,
    Maia
  • DominniqueDominnique
    We made Chronos self devour. Here we are now, at his sepulcher, while heavens are raining blood... through him we enter the unknown. Let's not forget who we are, and why we're doing what we're doing!

[Archive Finale #7 - 13.02.2017]
    As the day dies, lighting my last smoke, I wonder down the pathway, as I did so many times before. It’s winding and cold, but the voices from the past are still behind me. I’d like to turn around and grab the hand of “yesterday”, but all that’s left is a story and a bittersweet smile.

Warm evenings, sounds of metal swords, battle cries… the crafting hammer in Colhen… and the late “ready up” on the boats… I can’t even…

Everyone gave their best. As it was, poor or wealthy, black or white, it was ours. And we never needed more. As we were, few or many, we’ve held on to the ground under our feet and pushed onward for tomorrow.

Divine Punishment was a dream that promised forever and lit up the sky with a thousand stars. There have been many goodbyes along the way, but everyone’s memory lives on. All those years ago, we set out to be anything and everything: an abbey for the silent, a map for mercenaries, a boat for survivors or a cemetery for the departed, a monument for the lost and a piece of truth or fairy-tale for the present day.

I have to thank you, for silence has never met my cries. Some of you came along and faded into more lightful places and I’m thankful for the mile we walked alongside, for the corner we’ve turned together… a mile that turned into a story of wisdom and smiles, one that has braided into the legacy we have today. Some of you are still here, with lines on the face and hands, bearing scars alike… walking the path we’ve always walked. I feel blessed for that, because the moment lasts forever and I am in-between what happened, and what could never be.

Despite the fact that this may be my last cast on the European Forum as it is right now, I will be here, surrounded by the Divine Punishment Guild, tracing trails through the mirrors of time onward and back, as we have done from the first days, and as we’ll do until all things are cinder.

Yours,
    Dominnique – D.P. GuildMaster
    Septy
  • SeptySepty
    Vindictus Rep: 545
    Love your Archiveing dear.

Yes join us also can contact with me @Septy

D.P GuildAdministrator
  • LhinoLhino
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    My friends, it is nice to see you all still around.
    One of the oldest and well developed guilds in EU and definitely worth joining.

Kind regards,
    Nathus (a.k.a. Lhino) of Nonserviam
    SeptyDominnique
  • xRobiHooDxxRobiHooDx
    Keep it up Domi o/ Miss ya guys :D
    DominniqueSepty
  • GrilleGrille
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Oh yay old names, im on a nostalgia trip \o/
    SeptyDominnique
  • DominniqueDominnique
    Updated!
  • DominniqueDominnique
    "...I'd make the exact same choices..."

I'd come back for you, believing next time someone will come back for one of us too.
    I'd greet you today, as if you'd be with us forever and I'd battle alongside you as if you'd die tomorrow.
    I'd build you and know you as if the temple that I leave behind me would last an eon.

6 years later... Divine Punishment still endures. From heavenly sunshine to hellish firestorm ... and from everything in-between:
    Greetings!!! We're still alive and fighting!
    We've infested old-man time, like a merciless disease and he still hasn't won the battle!
    We've lived the most amazing moments, grew and written the best story there was and the years that passed over us did nothing but make it better!

Here's to the endless tomorrow! Here's to one more endless story!

Maia V.
  • SeptySepty
    Vindictus Rep: 545
    Updated.!
    We almost reach 7th year to be alive .
    Yes we are diviners. im one part of it and starting new recruit.

Greeting fellas,

As i said, we are recruiting. We dont care your stats or items. We care about your personality and friendship. Divine Punishment Oldest alive guild in Vindictus Europe searching for friendly kindly members. If you want to be one of us you can send mail in game or if i am online you can pm me @septy

Also you can reach other leaders too,

oREDSTONEo
    Josephinne
    DivineSaber

Why we are recruiting?

Ofcourse some reasons and things happened.

1st reason : some members had changes or new decisions on their live.
    2nd reason: some members didnt like how beend new vindictus.
    3rd reason: some members wanted to go other games
    4th reason : some members couldnt see themselves as a diviner.

We all loved them still they are one of diviner.

So reach us and be one part of us.

Septy.
  • JeyemJeyem
    Vindictus Rep: 1,675
    Tip my cap, your guild is like older than half of the player base.
  • DominniqueDominnique
    " I danced in the moonlight, whispering a haunting tune...
    ...to the night..."

I promised I'd take your hand and walk with you across the sunset. When you let go, as you were walking away you'd notice a ghost of a white rose inbetween the pages of your life. That is our bright memory, my friend! When dressed in the cloth of ephemerality, what could I give you more valuable...?
    Maybe a sepulchre, whose creator I no solely am... We've built this together, so any could return and smile, dream or mourn...
    I am one of us, just as any of you are - a Divine.

Seven years ago today, a dream came to life. And for seven years Divine Punishment has braided my soul with all of yours who walked our path, so all of us can now look back and smile, even for a moment. No matter how great or painful your Vindictus memory is...

Tomorrow may lay in sunrise or in ashes, yet today is ours and I want to thank you for all the hartbeats you've written in our song. We have had one hell of a ride, and the day is not yet over!

Now give me that horizon ...!

Yours,
    Dominnique - D.P. Guildmaster

Viridriell
  • DominniqueDominnique
    edited November 12, 2020
    Double post
    Viridriell
  • DominniqueDominnique
    I burn in you!

Nine years after Divine's first heartbeat, I still burn inside my guild and live to tell. I am not yet ready to close the book, even if sometimes I feel old, turning the corner with a chest bent by cough and a bloody handkerchief...
    Divine Punishment carries the arcane metal signs of history deep within its skin - some even beneath the flesh, which grows over them like a festering mold... it's an ancient language few still understand.
    God knows I guarded my angel and gave it my all. As it was supposed to, this ignited a chain reaction for others to do the same - and they did beyond my wildest expectations. From a dark corner of my mind, I somehow knew it all had to live exactly the way it was written to - free! And as soon as it was alive, the guild grew its own will, forged its own path and shined brightly. All we ever had to do is guard its rules and keep its allegiance to what was right and fair.
    I did not own it, it did not belong to me, moreover I belonged to it - and I forever will. I chose to create it, and I choose to be the last one drawing breath as a Vindictus Divine. Because I kept the living, I also have to keep the departed, remember the stories and bid farewell to all those who want to create more like us and what we stand for.
    Eternity is born and dies within a blink over the eye of brilliance and insanity. Yet, as the oldest one, I'd like to lay my flowers of remembrance over the ones who made us what we are: Farewell friends, may we meet again with light somewhere! We've had one hell of a ride! Divine has done well beyond all it set out to do, and there's still more to this magic story!
    I never claimed to know what the future holds... but we still have a pulse and that was enough to resurrect this great behemoth more than a few times in the past. Someone always held the flame.
    Under the bloody flags, an enchanted kingdom will begin to take form, beneath the moon's silvery glow. Divine will live forever... as the best story this game ever had to offer or as the warmest dream of tomorrow's dawn.

Yours,
    Dominnique - D.P. Guildmaster
    Viridriell
  • ViridriellViridriell
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    It was back in 2015, on a winter afternoon brought with the loveliest rainstorm in which I met with Divine Punishment.
  • ViridriellViridriell
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    It was back in 2015, on a winter afternoon brought with the loveliest rainstorm in which I met with Divine Punishment. After my old heart "Bloodshed" has faded away, I was left devoid of