[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

lynn is bad

Comments

  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,880
    Posts: 935
    Member
    The point is that for the amount of effort you put into a Lynn, you would get so much more out of having a different class. Other than perhaps looks, everything pretty much applies. Flinching, knockdown, damage, utility...

    Lynn's only real shining point is her ability to pull off frequent interrupts, and this is only needed in parties of four or fewer.

    I would point out that glaives have a high natural BAL stat, but no one cares about the leveling part of this game (especially when all level 90 weapons have the BAL of chainblades).
    AndromedaGMZupsero
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Posts: 406
    Member
    edited February 15, 2017


    Any cb vella can out damage a lynn at end game.


  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    edited February 15, 2017
    Yes, yes she is.
    Good damage on good matchups, below average on bad matchups all assuming playing at 90-100% gold rates. One of the shortest iframe dodges at 0.4, and her little rat is kinda inconsistent (may be just me).
    I'm not against her being hard to play, but at least make it worth while.

    Lynn buff when.
    Also please fix her stuff to work on not 5 bars too please. This is extra important with the service merge.
    AndromedaGMMochiSweet
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Posts: 96
    Member
    Breadman wrote: »
    Yes, yes she is.
    Good damage on good matchups, below average on bad matchups all assuming playing at 90-100% gold rates. One of the shortest iframe dodges at 0.4, and her little rat is kinda inconsistent (may be just me).
    I'm not against her being hard to play, but at least make it worth while.

    Lynn buff when.
    Also please fix her stuff to work on not 5 bars too please. This is extra important with the service merge.

    Marks are basically a handicap at this point. Even if you do 80-90% gold marks your still doing less damage than someone who doesn't have to do something extra which is why I'm hoping they aren't on the next weapon. Tbh I wouldn't want Jade Fox, Little Rat or Marks..These skills are too gimicky. Jade Fox has gone from meh to not worth using as season 3 progresses, Marks lost their stun and dont do enough bonus damage to keep up with other classes and Little Rat has always had its problems. Ya... 0.4 dodge when other close range fighters like Lann get 0.6 and can double dash. For me i need 4 bars. 3, 5 or fluctuating? forget it.

    Breadman
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 41
    Member
    oh thats why i barely see other lynns in my party.

    is just started vindi a couple weeks ago and i just picked something, what i thought looked fun. i had to face lots of adversity on some bosses, but im starting to get it. unfortunately i only have 30 atk spd, so everything still feels a little slow. but i love to play lynn so far
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    Posts: 61
    Member
    I originally planned on having Lynn as my main but I wasn't digging her moveset.

    I was hoping to work on her eventually but I guess I'll work on Scythe Evie instead after what I've read in this thread.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 113
    Member
    Lynn has about the same potential as most of the other characters. She just requires 20x more work to get the same results as them.
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    Posts: 149
    Member
    Mixxia wrote: »
    Breadman wrote: »
    Yes, yes she is.
    Good damage on good matchups, below average on bad matchups all assuming playing at 90-100% gold rates. One of the shortest iframe dodges at 0.4, and her little rat is kinda inconsistent (may be just me).
    I'm not against her being hard to play, but at least make it worth while.

    Lynn buff when.
    Also please fix her stuff to work on not 5 bars too please. This is extra important with the service merge.

    Marks are basically a handicap at this point. Even if you do 80-90% gold marks your still doing less damage than someone who doesn't have to do something extra which is why I'm hoping they aren't on the next weapon. Tbh I wouldn't want Jade Fox, Little Rat or Marks..These skills are too gimicky. Jade Fox has gone from meh to not worth using as season 3 progresses, Marks lost their stun and dont do enough bonus damage to keep up with other classes and Little Rat has always had its problems. Ya... 0.4 dodge when other close range fighters like Lann get 0.6 and can double dash. For me i need 4 bars. 3, 5 or fluctuating? forget it.

    Yep. I'd honestly be happy enough with a straight up numbers buff, with some slight fixes to her (little rat, fox). She's fun enough to play, but it just seems like all effort mediocre reward.
    I may just be blowing this out of proportion with my how mismatched I find she is in Neamhain though. Doesn't help that I have also an Arisha and Delia.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,630
    Posts: 113
    Member
    For all this talk about how terrible Lynn is, she is still my favorite char to play. Yeah, there's a learning curve but I have no issues with survivability or damage. She's far more satisfying to play than Kai or Lann. The way I see it, if you can't handle playing Lynn then just don't play her. I don't see any value in this discussion.
    ZupseroVladino
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Posts: 96
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    For all this talk about how terrible Lynn is, she is still my favorite char to play. Yeah, there's a learning curve but I have no issues with survivability or damage. She's far more satisfying to play than Kai or Lann. The way I see it, if you can't handle playing Lynn then just don't play her. I don't see any value in this discussion.

    A lot of the people who are complaining about Lynn are people who have played her for years, have drudged thru the hardest content of the game and have multiple maxed out characters in which to compare strengths and weaknesses, but if you want to just shrug them off as people who "cant handle Lynn" then go for it.
    Breadman wrote: »
    Yep. I'd honestly be happy enough with a straight up numbers buff, with some slight fixes to her (little rat, fox). She's fun enough to play, but it just seems like all effort mediocre reward.
    I may just be blowing this out of proportion with my how mismatched I find she is in Neamhain though. Doesn't help that I have also an Arisha and Delia.

    I have found her to be one of the worst classes in Neamhain and just overall bad in season 3. I have cleared Neamhain 19 times on Scythe Evie, 5 on Lynn and 1 or 2 on Delia. I have spent far more time in Neamhain on my Lynn than my Evie (maybe 4x more?) not because she is 'too hard', but because it takes much longer to learn the fight on her and play around her bugs and weaknesses. These days on my Evie I'm doing 10-15% dmg (non maxed stats) and doing most fights dying 0 times and using 0-2 potions with so little time invested into Neamhain on her.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,930
    Posts: 473
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    we did it boys, an semi active discussion on vindictus forums
    UOQ022E.png
    2nd weapon when
    Order5NoburoDownIoad
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,880
    Posts: 935
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    Mixxia wrote: »
    For all this talk about how terrible Lynn is, she is still my favorite char to play. Yeah, there's a learning curve but I have no issues with survivability or damage. She's far more satisfying to play than Kai or Lann. The way I see it, if you can't handle playing Lynn then just don't play her. I don't see any value in this discussion.
    A lot of the people who are complaining about Lynn are people who have played her for years, have drudged thru the hardest content of the game and have multiple maxed out characters in which to compare strengths and weaknesses, but if you want to just shrug them off as people who "cant handle Lynn" then go for it.
    As Mixxia said, most of us who have commented have played Lynn for years and will continue to play Lynn. Suhpreme's point in making this thread is merely to raise awareness...or poke fun at us.

    And to be perfectly clear, I wasn't complaining about anything. I'm perfectly happy with them leaving Lynn alone before they do something else unsavory because when Nexon makes changes...
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Posts: 91
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    It's not that she's bad, those others you mentioned are just too strong. If anything everyone else should be nerfed instead of buffing Lynn.
    You don't fix garbage by bringing everyone else down. Her dodge is still broken, the timing for her marks sucks, and her SP moves are poo; bad character is bad and you should feel badly for wanting everyone else to suffer as those who play her do.

    Her dodge is fine and the timing for her marks is also fine. It's a neat and unique concept (for this game anyway), and in most instances it would separate a "good Lynn" from a "bad Lynn." It's only problematic when you have a crappy connection. The real problem is that there's no reason to even have to do this in the first place, when you can play literally any other character with half the effort for double the reward.

    They dumbed everyone else down and didn't give Lynn the same treatment. They actually "smartened her up" by rewarding gold marks more and making them pretty much mandatory for respectable damage.
    Okatsu
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Posts: 113
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    As Mixxia said, most of us who have commented have played Lynn for years and will continue to play Lynn. Suhpreme's point in making this thread is merely to raise awareness...or poke fun at us.

    And to be perfectly clear, I wasn't complaining about anything. I'm perfectly happy with them leaving Lynn alone before they do something else unsavory because when Nexon makes changes...

    To be fair they've made quit a few changes Lynn which have all been extremely tame, while still being very good. It's just when they buff Evie 40 times to make her dodge faster and buff her nuke with a 40 second cool down Lynn can't keep up with the power creep.
  • AkoszAkosz
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 13
    Member
    HD9X1KN.png
    that's not new fam
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Posts: 96
    Member
    Cashews wrote: »
    Her dodge is fine and the timing for her marks is also fine. It's a neat and unique concept (for this game anyway), and in most instances it would separate a "good Lynn" from a "bad Lynn." It's only problematic when you have a crappy connection. The real problem is that there's no reason to even have to do this in the first place, when you can play literally any other character with half the effort for double the reward.

    Her dodge is actually one of the worst in the game, but it doesn't really show until you get up to content where it actually matters. Her iframes on dodge are 0.4 sec which is really bad for a close range fighter. (compare to Lann 0.6 sec and can double it for example or a close/mid range fighter like scythe who can double blink) In terms of defensive abilities she has it a bit better than maybe xgun kai and that's about it? You can compare her to quite a few classes where she is worse in every category. (For example compared with an equally geared Scythe she has worse damage, mobility, survival, utility AND range and has better......? )
  • AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    Posts: 122
    Member
    Mixxia wrote: »
    Her dodge is actually one of the worst in the game, but it doesn't really show until you get up to content where it actually matters. Her iframes on dodge are 0.4 sec which is really bad for a close range fighter. (compare to Lann 0.6 sec and can double it for example or a close/mid range fighter like scythe who can double blink) In terms of defensive abilities she has it a bit better than maybe xgun kai and that's about it? You can compare her to quite a few classes where she is worse in every category. (For example compared with an equally geared Scythe she has worse damage, mobility, survival, utility AND range and has better......? )

    But she has little rat... (how I wish I had a block or skill like this on lann to make my golden god attempt so much easier).

    And to be fair, unless it's a Kai, comparing any other character to Scythie will make them look bad.
  • DoubleJManDoubleJMan
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Posts: 32
    Member
    As mentioned above, those who have lynns and have several other geared chars, it's evident that the end results are not on par. I personally think that putting less emphasis on the marks and just buff her regular attacks a bit would be a good enough buff. I also agree that little rat is gimmicky if you do not have a good enough connection with the host. Hopefully we see a Lynn buf near in the future.
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Posts: 41
    Member
    yay lynn buffs! nexon pls!
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Posts: 91
    Member
    edited February 16, 2017
    Mixxia wrote: »

    Her dodge is actually one of the worst in the game, but it doesn't really show until you get up to content where it actually matters. Her iframes on dodge are 0.4 sec which is really bad for a close range fighter. (compare to Lann 0.6 sec and can double it for example or a close/mid range fighter like scythe who can double blink) In terms of defensive abilities she has it a bit better than maybe xgun kai and that's about it? You can compare her to quite a few classes where she is worse in every category. (For example compared with an equally geared Scythe she has worse damage, mobility, survival, utility AND range and has better......? )

    Are you certain her dodge is only 0.4? Arisha's skill only increases its duration by 0.1s, but it's far more than 0.1s total. Lynn would only have 0.4 if her base invulnerability time was 0.0 seconds, as the skill increases it by 0.42s at max rank.

    Either way even if it was only 0.4 sec that doesn't make it a bad dodge. It's worse than the other characters, and definitely makes some things a little trickier to dodge in comparison, but on its own it is a perfectly fine dodge and has no issues. I still hold that Lann never needed to even go up to 0.6 in the first place from his original 0.3. As I said, Lynn's kit as it stands individually is perfectly fine. Nothing is inherently broken about it except maybe Little Rat or Zhen's jankiness with a bad connection (but this applies to many other characters' skills). It's when you compare it to all the other characters that she falls behind because they all got dumbed down and she didn't.

    I wasn't arguing against her being bad relative to the rest of the cast. I was pointing out the flaw that Proto was saying in stating her individual assets are the reason for it. She's not bad because of her kit, she's bad because everyone else got powercreeped to hell.