[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain Artwork Contest -WINNERS-

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
in Contests and Events
Hi everyone!

Once again, we had an amazing turn out for the Artwork Contest. The team would like to thank everyone who took the time out to participate. We had just over 30 submissions, and had a very hard time judging the submissions. In the end, we decided it was best to expand the finalists to 8.

Here we go!

Winner #1: Tariro
CQkcl00.gif

Winner #2: Laludia
zTLty32.png

Winner #3: MochiSweet
mfr6E9p.jpg

Winner #4: Ragazza
r7K2LcN.jpg

Winner #5: Dinah
wTyMe3r.jpg

Winner #6: Braiselle
yGHKqiX.jpg

Winner #7: Hinoi
0oLRMM4.jpg

Winner #8: ArtNotHearts
CsedgI3.png

All finalists should receive their prizes by the end of next week. (2/24)

Comments

• AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    tumblr_n9lfcmO25d1t9kr5po7_500_zpsdykiszvx.gif

#I can only say, congratulations to the winners, I sincerely expected more, regarding the decision of the jury, good luck to all, personally I will continue with my art in the forum, to contribute to the community , to innovate with creativity and originality.

PS: Lastly, I would like to congratulate all the participants of this contest, always is motivating to see talent in this forum to improve day by day, I wish to all the best and it would be an honor to work on a project together sometime, cya.
    LiadriinMochiSweettestll9902
  • LiadriinLiadriin
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    edited February 15, 2017
    gratz to the winners
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • ArrishyaArrishya
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    edited February 15, 2017
    aww i was thinking Winner#8 will be first i like his work
    and Gratz to all winner
    testll9902
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Arrishya wrote: »
    aww i was thinking Winner#8 will be first i like his work
    and Gratz to all winner

Afaik it isn't ranked in order. Just listing 8 winners.
    AnthonytonyboyAndromedaGMtestll9902
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 15, 2017
    Braiselle, tariro and ANH, as i thought, gratz you guys.
    The judge is much fair this time.
    testll9902
  • erickhendrixerickhendrix
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    Well the jury got better in comparison with delia's artworkcontest winners but still..., Guys you got a great art comunity, find some real artist to judge, not bitching Im not here in the winners list I saw the other entries HO GOD they were good but still, there are 2 winners that well... not gonna say names but they really should not be here
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    there are some very good ones there in the winners section tbh...congratz :D, amazing job! <3

but there are others that makes me think "Who the Beep! picked the judges? " :/ funny how they picked the ones with more likes or the ones that were made by "popular" people but the ones that actually deserve it...not even a shoutout LOL

Also....I can't draw at all.... my drawing skills are 0/100 , but what a coincidence :O other 2 people have same drawing skills as I do and they still got picked as winners over people that put time and effort into drawing xD...damn u guys should of told me I could cheat xD...easy money :P
    AndromedaGMMochiSweettestll9902
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    edited February 16, 2017
    Now you know dazzy, you should submit your neam solo clip, insta-win guaranteed +yes
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    Whoa congrats everyone. This contest really brought in some faces that I didn't know could draw so well. Now I know some people on East I can ogle at *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

I really wanted to try something new just for the fun of it. I'm glad Saygo and the team liked my animation. It was kinda clumsy since it was my first time but maybe I can improve upon it in the future. :D
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • ArtNotHeartsArtNotHearts
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    edited February 16, 2017
    Congratulations to everyone, and I don't mean just the winners. You know the feeling of when you tried really hard but didn't get to where they wanted to be, I've felt that all the time with what I've done. But it doesn't stop me if I falter and I hope it doesn't for you.

Failure is common ground and I've had my share of a ton of that and I learned to accept and cherish the things I learned from it. But even so I still put 110% of my ability on hard tasks and small ones regardless of the result.

So to the top 8 continue on there is always room to grow and this is just one piece to serve as a learning experience for future growth. As for those who didn't make it, don't let that sway your resolve to continue your craft, I know it may sound trivial and I strongly understand the feeling of not being up there can be rough. But keep on going you'll reach where you want to be at some point, and more so, it almost endless.

As for the critique of the judges, being a CM/Judge is hard, more people need to understand their side and perspective more. If anything they don't even need to host these kind of contest and give out prizes. Giving us a small contest to have fun and be part of the community is their job. So to Saygo and the rest of the team, keep doing what you are doing. I know how you guys feel. As to the artist who entered keep on going, there are more things ahead of us outside of this.
    MochiSweetRagazzaconbinisan2edgy4uAndromedaGMUpupuputestll9902
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited February 16, 2017
    \+wow/ bow to the brain of the artist. I don't have a single artistic cell in my brain

also, these #s do not mean the ranking right?
    testll9902
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Congrats to all the winners :-)
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    tumblr_npj4lpjHjs1so2t73o6_250_zpsevm2drln.gif

#It is very different to criticize the jury, to show incoformity knowing that there were traits to evaluate that seem to have been left unaddressed.

For that as participants must provide tools to defend your work, such as justification and sketches.

I remember the contest of creation of outfitt a few years ago and for issues of originality there was a lot of criticism in the forum, from that contest until today, if I consider that for future contests here in Vindictus related to art, the team need to demand, a process of sketches and the justification of the concept art , to give to the jury more tools when selecting a winner.

This facilitates the task by selecting and verifying that the product is free of authorship and originality. Mainly for those who are new or already have experience in more contests, so have the certainty that their art will be evaluated in a fair way.

The purpose of the contests, is not only to win, but to see how far you can arrive and mainly see the good and bad of the proposals to improve at work and as a person.

Especially those of us who are artists or designers,always is good a constructive criticism among colleagues from the same field, but if you are going to devote to drawing your whole life, you need these experiences and criticize it personally.

On that side, i always see encouragement in this community and I am sure we will all continue to draw, it is not the end of the world but we must always get the good and the bad from the contests and the works to improve in the future.

I just have to tell everyone to continue to illustrate, more if you represent a sector, state or country must continue to give the best. Greetings and thanks for the debate, I like the feedback. .)
    testll9902
  • UpupupuUpupupu
    Vindictus Rep: 435
    Some of comments here and on Facebook are in really poor taste. Don't know why a certain someone and his friends are so convinced he should have won. The drawing in question is sporting some really embarrassing anatomical flaws and a profound lack of understanding of principles necessary to create a good painting. Also I'm not seeing that originality or "style" it's being claimed to have. Your art should speak for itself, if you need to write an essay about your drawing to convince people it's good, it probably isn't. Putting a lot of time and effort into a single piece doesn't necessarily make it good either. All of the winners here have displayed skill obtained through years of practice.

I personally would've extended the winner list to 10, a couple of pretty nice ones were left out, but overall the judges did a great job this time around. Congrats to the winners!
    MochiSweettestll9902
  • ValkyrieBladeValkyrieBlade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Winners or not, I enjoyed seeing everyone's submission since I did not participate this time around(due to saltiness from delia event). so don't let the fact that you didn't win take away all the hardwork and effort you put into the artwork because sometimes, winning isn't everything. Seeing as one of my personal favourites didn't even make the winners list too o3o
    AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Good to see some educated response here instead of bias comments like on fb c:
    testll9902
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Upupupu wrote: »
    Some of comments here and on Facebook are in really poor taste. Don't know why a certain someone and his friends are so convinced he should have won. The drawing in question is sporting some really embarrassing anatomical flaws and a profound lack of understanding of principles necessary to create a good painting. Also I'm not seeing that originality or "style" it's being claimed to have. Your art should speak for itself, if you need to write an essay about your drawing to convince people it's good, it probably isn't. Putting a lot of time and effort into a single piece doesn't necessarily make it good either. All of the winners here have displayed skill obtained through years of practice.

I personally would've extended the winner list to 10, a couple of pretty nice ones were left out, but overall the judges did a great job this time around. Congrats to the winners!

@Upupupu I am sorry but if you refer to me, my friends are a different thing and another is me, at no time I posted on facebook any offense towards any participant, my account i only use for art and help news players on this page . For facebook i participate only on public art on Bauhaus & Talent house . Be careful for the defamation, ty.

I am only contributing to criticism for future evaluations.

Regarding what you say about the writte is inessary ,
    in all work to a client, not only the practical part is delivered, but if it is a proposal in digital illustration it is the designer's duty to deliver the theoretical part to see where they are obtained the elements of the composition, on the relation of the practice.

Regardless of the final result, whether good or bad is a reference of the work.

On the other hand, if i comment, first was to congratulate, and only comment that the team could improve in the evaluations of the futures contests of art through the sketch and justification as a plus to the graphic representations .

Thanks and apologies if at any time someone misinterpreted, I only gave my opinion.

I accept all constructive criticism to my work to improve, but always with respect.

tumblr_nh0vopm8mx1s4qvrdo1_500_zpsov4os9yd.gif

Personally I'm happy with my work, I have to improve with this comic illustration style but it's not my only strength , i have 4 styles more :)

In the summer, in my free time i will contribute to the community with one tribute to some GM of guilds on the game , with my realistic style. Finally thanks for all opinions. Only respect, more for my comments are to improve the system of the art contests , no personal, read before judging, greetings & GD

testll9902
  • SylphideSylphide
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    Congrats to all the winners, I actually think the judging is fair compare to past art contests.
    tumblr_npj4lpjHjs1so2t73o6_250_zpsevm2drln.gif

snip snip snip

. .)
    Pretty sure this contest was meant for fun, don't take it too seriously there are better websites for constructive feedback.

AndromedaGMtestll9902
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Winners or not, I enjoyed seeing everyone's submission since I did not participate this time around(due to saltiness from delia event). so don't let the fact that you didn't win take away all the hardwork and effort you put into the artwork because sometimes, winning isn't everything. Seeing as one of my personal favourites didn't even make the winners list too o3o

tumblr_ndke817qGh1swmg9to1_500_zpsp16vrmzi.gif

I agree with you, @ValkyrieBlade

#Greetings and congratulations to all participants and winners.
    testll9902
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Honestly I think the judges did the best they could splitting the rewards between the absolute top tier artists and those who simply put in the effort and time to create some original pieces. I know that over time there have been a number of entries in contests from people who are professionals in fields that give them major advantage over the most of the other players. There's no pleasing everyone, and this contest was pretty balanced and a major improvement over some prior ones.

Honestly if something like this is your profession or something that you have a fully-credentialed background for enter if you wish, just keep in mind this probably isn't the place to show off your ability if you have a fragile ego. You might win, you might not.
    testll9902