[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

European Migration FAQ

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Vindictus Rep: 6,750
edited February 1, 2017 in News Archive
February is here and that means European Migration Month!

bgzYW.gif

Read our European Migration FAQ here: http://ow.ly/TVJu308A3QP

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    giphy.gif
    KiraKiryuuNeoyoshiEAST
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    ^ I forgot it WAS happening. I wonder if that means we'll experience worse lag like every other nexon game I play when they did the migration they also moved the servers screwing their mostly NA playerbase.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • ChitesChites
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    I'm heartbroken that Central America isn't on the list. I had really been hoping they'd just make the game global like MapleStory because my best friend is from El Salvador and I've wanted him to play for years. Why is the region block still here if everywhere from Australia to the UK is allowed in, but not my friend?
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Is there any way to check if we've completed the migration application? Don't want any surprises when I go thinking I've done it when I actually haven't.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • uKilreeduKilreed
    Vindictus Rep: 110
    Hello.
    The FAQ does not indicate the question that has been in my mind since the announcement :
    Will the game still be region locked ? the FAQ indicate you can't switch character from a server to another, but :
    As an european, will I by allowed to play with american friends or not ? (I don't mind needing a new account and starting from scratch)
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • LevvennaLevvenna
    Vindictus Rep: 310
    When will it be finished? Wasn't vindictus going to be merged at the same period maplestory did? wat
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    @uKilreed No EU and NA will not be region locked between each other. So NA players can play on EU and vice versa.

@Levvenna The merge WAS gonna happen last year but a lot of stuff came up on their end so they had to push it to February.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • idontevenidonteven
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    I'm so crazy confused. Is the migration complete now? I don't see a date anywhere in the linked FAQ. Cause I still can't access NA from EU?
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • CoffeebeansCoffeebeans
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    edited February 5, 2017
    I don't plan on playing on EU so do i even need to do anything? Asking because it seems like the NA launcher will be changing to an Global launcher. Correct me if i'm wrong please.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    edited February 5, 2017
    idonteven wrote: »
    I'm so crazy confused. Is the migration complete now? I don't see a date anywhere in the linked FAQ. Cause I still can't access NA from EU?

The migration hasn't happened yet.
    I don't plan on playing on EU so do i even need to do anything? Asking because it seems like the NA launcher will be changing to an Global launcher. Correct me if i'm wrong please.

I don't think you would need to do anything as an NA player.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 5, 2017
    So, when will you lift the IP block for everyone? It's inconvenient.

Mabinogi did it and the game didn't implode on itself like some people seemed to believe would happen. In Vindi too, back when you were running tests on the server migration , the IP block was lifted for a month or so and I doubt anyone even noticed any difference.

They're both made by devcat and published by Nexon, I really wonder why one of them got it and the other didn't. I understand that Mabi's lift happened there was a server migration there, too. Is there any hope for Vindi?
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • JentemoonJentemoon
    Vindictus Rep: 1,755
    Nexon
    edited February 7, 2017
    Kourin wrote: »
    Is there any way to check if we've completed the migration application? Don't want any surprises when I go thinking I've done it when I actually haven't.

There is not a way to check you progress :c However, it's super important that you make sure to do 2 of the most important steps. First, make sure that you migrated your nexon account to the Global Service. This step players have been able to do for a long time.

Second, and probably the most important, you must log into the NxE Launcher ( doesn't have to be the Global one ) and accept the EU Migration to transfer your characters!

If you have logged into Vindictus recently, you have probably already accepted the Migration Terms. If you have NOT logged into Vindictus recently make sure you log in at least once to accept the migration of your characters/game data! This is absolutely the most important step!

Again I want to reiterate. This only pertains to EU players. If you currently play on NA you don't have to do anything on your end!
    SivvonNeoyoshiEAST
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    edited February 7, 2017
    Just a question from the EU community.

How does NA deals with gold farm bots and gold buy website advertisers ingame? You guys do still have them there?

We used to have them but we got rid of all those people in the last years.
    Will our EU server be flowded with them again once we merge and fuq up our economy?

Please provide some inside information if you have it. Thanks.

Just leaving my question here since I wrote it in another topic.

edit: And seems some EU guys are asking if they are allowed to still sell NX. (using the gift fuction)
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • tamtotamto
    Vindictus Rep: 220
    and yet.... the ip block is up, and if you ever try to ask, they just ignore u. great...
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    tamto wrote: »
    and yet.... the ip block is up, and if you ever try to ask, they just ignore u. great...

It is not yet Thursday, 16th of February.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    edited February 10, 2017
    i cant find the migration application on the nexon eu site +pain

i dont want to loose my characters

WbfDq4A

imgur.com/WbfDq4A

am i good to go when i see this?

//edit

dont know why the pic isnt working tho.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited February 12, 2017
    11. What will happen to the Europe community forums and social channels?

For the forums, we are in the process of migrating all to a new Global Forums platform. This process has already been in process for our newer titles such as First Assault, Riders of Icarus, and LawBreakers, but we will eventually migrate our current forums for other titles to this new platform. Dates for each individual forum are unknown at this time.

So EU will still have their own new forums ? Meh :l
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    11. What will happen to the Europe community forums and social channels?

For the forums, we are in the process of migrating all to a new Global Forums platform. This process has already been in process for our newer titles such as First Assault, Riders of Icarus, and LawBreakers, but we will eventually migrate our current forums for other titles to this new platform. Dates for each individual forum are unknown at this time.

So EU will still have their own new forums ? Meh :l

https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1553262-Forum-availability-after-migration&p=7452098#post7452098
    GewelliriousNeoyoshiEAST
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Oh, I see, I don't look at EU forums anymore so.. thanks for the link.
    NeoyoshiEAST
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    Are the servers going to stay in Luxemburg or do we have to prepare for high latency? I haven't found it in the FAQ. Sorry if i'm blind.

Thanks,
    xstakex from the EU forum
    NeoyoshiEAST