[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

About Royal Army Raids.....

RizzleRizzle
Vindictus Rep: 1,860
in General Discussion
The only solution we've found to the powerpoint presentation known as royal army raids is for 10 to join and at least 4 to leave. Even after we were down to 7, the lag did not go away. At 6, it improved. And when others got discouraged and left and it got down to 3, it was really good.

Nexon - come on. You can do better than this.

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I talked to someone who was convinced that you need a host with a good connection/PC to be the first person insidde the RR or it would lag. Havent had the chance to actually test it though.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    At this point I kinda don't expect nexon has the ability to purchase a stable server as host...so I just hope nexon can give host back to the player...i think with my computer and bandwidth I can host 16 player raid without issue...
  • RizzleRizzle
    Question2 wrote: »
    I talked to someone who was convinced that you need a host with a good connection/PC to be the first person insidde the RR or it would lag. Havent had the chance to actually test it though.

Umm, as far as i know, royal army raids are run on dedicated servers. I have zero knowledge of this being changed in the 2 years I have been here.
    BLUESTEEL
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I think it's a tossup between the "first person in" theory and just letting everyone load in before starting. Could be a combination of both.

Either way, the lag's been happening since December 7th or so. Are we pushing off fixing it until after the merge or something? This should've been dealt with before this update actually gave us a reason to try and competitively dps in those raids.
  • ImBeastlyImBeastly
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    I'm never gonna get the titles now. FeelsBadMan.
    NientonsoH
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    ImBeastly wrote: »
    I'm never gonna get the titles now. FeelsBadMan.

You get bad stints, but usually it takes at most 3-5 restarts... And usually the restarts are quick after the 2nd.

In general I have been doing at least 1 run a day, and sometimes up to 5 so very easy to get some good runs in.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    The only times where I have seen it not lag like crazy was the day after a server maintenance, and it only lasted one or two runs before it turned into a complete lagfest.
  • NoburoNoburo
    We are on the seventh straight week of this happening now.
  • ImBeastlyImBeastly
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    Did a royal army lako the other day and it was 99% unplayable. I would've left the party, but I really want the titles so I stayed for that sht show. Feels like you have 10k ping, though it's Nexon so I know it will be a very long time before it's fixed or it will just never be fixed.
    NientonsoH
  • RizzleRizzle
    Noburo wrote: »
    This should've been dealt with before this update actually gave us a reason to try and competitively dps in those raids.

^
  • MoosecatMoosecat
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Yeah, I'm convinced this Viet in the group is the host for this run that I'm sitting in. Feels like 2010.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited January 29, 2017
    These run off of the first person to join in the raid. Not Nexon themselves. I have a good computer and good connection, lag was varying for a lot of the royals, but a couple ran fine some w/o lag. I joined first this time to test it, I did not lag at all and the party did not either, or if it did very minor lag. Even had people say "this is the first time i've ran this w/o lag" 12 people in total were in the raid.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Abaddan wrote: »
    These run off of the first person to join in the raid. Not Nexon themselves. I have a good computer and good connection, lag was varying for a lot of the royals, but a couple ran fine some w/o lag. I joined first this time to test it, I did not lag at all and the party did not either, or if it did very minor lag. Even had people say "this is the first time i've ran this w/o lag" 12 people in total were in the raid.

Evidence please.

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670

We know that isn't true, since the person that first joins can leave without closing the server.

That said the first person who joins is the computer that forces the server to setup the map. And sometimes a slow computer might cause some timing issue???

-> when you have ~10 folks all join at once at the start it seems to always cause a bad run.
    -> Often you can have a little to no lag till ~11 or more folks show up.

• AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    ikevi wrote: »

We know that isn't true, since the person that first joins can leave without closing the server.

That said the first person who joins is the computer that forces the server to setup the map. And sometimes a slow computer might cause some timing issue???

-> when you have ~10 folks all join at once at the start it seems to always cause a bad run.
    -> Often you can have a little to no lag till ~11 or more folks show up.

I meant nexon is not solely running it themselves. All the people did join at one time we went from a laggy run right before to the new run, where I happened to join before anyone else and then we were at 10 people within 30 seconds to start the raid. I plan on trying it again, though it can be hard to be first in and get a run going sometimes. I have only been in a few runs since the immense lag started in these that have had little to no lag.(a hand full at most) So it seems like a valid idea that the first person in has an impacted on how the run goes.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited January 30, 2017

Maybe saying the first to join is the host isn't the right way to put it, but it does seem to matter who joins first.
  • NoburoNoburo
    I would love to know what exactly they changed and why, this doesn't seem to just be a "crappy servers LMAO" kind of deal.

There's actually another questionable change that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet; the queue. It's not supposed to ding and start ticking down until it's full or the raid actually starts, but for a while now it's been doing that when it hits 10 even though the raid isn't started. Why? The whole point of the countdown is to kick people who are taking up a reserved spot and not loading in.
  • NickieNickie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,470
    There is a lakoria royal raid now?
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    As much as I can appreciate this community is helpful, i don't see why now players are taking initiative to try to solve the problem instead of Nexon doesn't even bothered to show up and explain the issue. It was suppose to be a simple issue--fix the damn lag.
  • RizzleRizzle
    ^Agreed. We shouldnt have to try to find who has the best connection, or re-attempt and re-attempt until we somehow stumble upon the perfect balance of conditions to get a royal army raid that is not a waste of time and resources. It should just work. Until Nexon makes a statement that he condition has changed, I am not entering royal army raids again. If that statement is found to be a lie, I will continue to abandon them.