[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Do you play with attack in direction of camera?

DarkvoidzDarkvoidz
Vindictus Rep: 600
in General Discussion
Poll and discuss!
  1. Attack in Direction of Camera71 votes
    1. On
       37% (26 votes)
    2. Off
       63% (45 votes)

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Off, better for attackwalking purposes and general awareness. I think I leave it on for staff Evie but I haven't played her in a very long time.
  • CashewsCashews
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    I don't understand how any non-Kai player can play with that on. It's so intrusive and gets rid of a lot of the fluidity that the game has, in my opinion.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    I used to on TS Vella and Hurk when their defensive mechanics would only proc when facing the correct direction. Not anymore though after all these updates.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Depends on the character. I have it on all the time for Lynn, but all the other characters I only turn it under specific circumstances.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    I have it off on every character, turning it off for staff evie doesn't do anything, she still will attack in camera direction same with kai. So i just have it off on my evie mostly cus i play both staff and scythe.
  • YunaTatskiYunaTatski
    Vindictus Rep: 640
    On for anyone. I'm used to quick camera movesments rather than pressing down a key to aim.
    Zayden
  • NytsuyaNytsuya
    Vindictus Rep: 2,710
    Off...Always gotta watch my Six... Also, I move my camera around in very fast twitch movements which will make me motion sick almost immediately..even more so with motion blur ... Idk how anyone plays with it on...
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    always off. it's maybe the single best thing about the combat system imo.
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    always on +shy
  • BreadmanBreadman
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    edited January 26, 2017
    Always off on Lann, Fiona, Hurk, Lynn, Arisha, Delia. I like hitting with back/side swings so off is super helpful for that since I plat with pretty low mouse sensitivity.

This seems like the third camera direction thread I've seen this week, but in different subsections so it's not the OP's fault.
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Off for everyone except Hurk. who I'm more comfortable with adjusting the camera.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Off for all but Staff Evie and Kai, for obvious reasons ( staff Evie glitches for me with it off and turning it off does nothing for Kai so I just keep it on).
  • ZupseroZupsero
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    im fairly new (lvl 51) and i have much more succes with it enabled on my lynn. but i guess the more i play, get experienced and get a better feel for the character i might switch back. i like the idea of attack walking and watching something else.

but for now i rather hit my :D
  • LayfenLayfen
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    edited January 27, 2017
    I play mostly Lann, and Kai right now. I have always had it off. Mainly because it is better to position lann for sneaky fanning slashes and most attacks. Very useful for Sea of Reflections.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited January 27, 2017
    This is the only box I have checked in that section of the options. I play all characters with it on, I've tried it off in the past but it made the combat poor quality and not fluid. I see people posting the exact opposite and I'm like wtf?

I don't even.
    Zayden
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    I keep it on, since I tend to move around a lot. Vindi doesn't really lock you into a facing between attacks, so you can change or tune direction without extra steps this way. Flows more naturally to me, versus having only 8 directions to attack in.
    DownIoadZayden
  • ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    On because its annoying to click wasd all the time and its more fluid for me
    DownIoadAquasolZayden
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    One camera options I don't see people talking about is Auto-aim at enemies when throwing. It automatically aims your attack towards the boss when you are fairly close and somewhat facing its direction.

I find it extremely useful in raids against small bosses if your character has attacks with very narrow front hitboxes (so something like Hurk's execute or Lynn's fishtail).
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Atherion wrote: »
    One camera options I don't see people talking about is Auto-aim at enemies when throwing. It automatically aims your attack towards the boss when you are fairly close and somewhat facing its direction.

I find it extremely useful in raids against small bosses if your character has attacks with very narrow front hitboxes (so something like Hurk's execute or Lynn's fishtail).

I played with that for a bit, I really liked how the slow initial Warslam and Bison Charge tracked with it enabled. No more overshooting small bosses with mobile smashes which was a problem I always had with pillar, but I didn't like how derpy it looked when I tried to aim away from where it wanted. Also, in Lakoria runs you often end up dps'ing in the same spot as everyone else with the setting on.

I still recommend that people check that setting out though, works surprisingly well depending on character. Right now I use it for Delia so I don't risk walk-cancelling comets instead of aiming where I want.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    Definitely off as Hurk main. Crescent hits behind Hurk first so for good dps, I often have to do a 180 or 90 turn which would be troublesome if I had the option on. It's just more versatile with it off. Auto aim is amazing though, since it doesn't take priority over manually aiming when on.

I think I turned it on for PvP in the past though? Don't really bother with it now though.