[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain 101

탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
Vindictus Rep: 5,590
edited January 16, 2017 in Battle Quests and Guides
Alright I was requested on Twitter to create a Neamhain Guide for the NA community so here I am walking into the Vindictus Raid Bosses Classroom.

Class is in session so pay attention because this boss is no joke :P

One thing everyone needs to know is this raid is a 3 Phase raid. It is by no means easy like all other raids we have encountered. It is THE hardest raid in the game currently. You HAVE to know how this raid and the bosses work otherwise you will be destroyed by Neit and Neamhain. Lets start with the key points.

1.) You can only die 3 times. After the 4th revive there is no room for errors. If you die after that then thats it. You will be hugging that cold floor.
2.) Most ingame buffs are disabled. This raid is about having mainly Raw Stats from your gear. VVIP, Soaps, etc. are all disabled.
3.) Artifacts are usable. Make use of these wisely. For starting out I recommend Phoenix Feather Bundle so you can have that as a fall back method in case you can't dodge Gate of Babylon.
4.) I don't recommend going in without at least one Evie at the very least. Not even a Hagie alone can keep the party alive. You can exclude the Evie when you KNOW the party can handle the raid.
5.) Keep your eyes on Neamhain....she is by no means a pushover like Iset. She's far worse. Very fast, much damage, such w0w. (I'll see myself out for that joke....)
6.) Pets are Prohibited. End of Story.
7.) 15 Potion Cap. That's right everyone. For those of you who didn't play Vindictus 6 years ago that's our old potion cap. It's like Nostalgia all over again.
8.) Goddess Graces are not usable. End of Story.
9.) 24k attack is the minimum recommendation in the KR community book. HOWEVER 50 attack speed, 200 crit/bal is a must.
10.) DO NOT expect to beat this raid on your first few weeks. Solely focus on learning the raid. That's the best fastest way to even beat this raid for the first time.
11.) Neit has no life bar so don't worry about that.
12.) This guide will be a 2 post guide because this forum has a character limit ;ㅅ;
13.) Guild Feathers are usable IF you can be revived and if there is no cooldown in effect.
14.) There is no Practice Mode. Just name your boat "Practice" and there you have it. Your very own practice mode.

Now that the key points are done.....let the class begin!

http://static.tumblr.com/554827469dab91727c57d3de9e98bcfa/ubrgnll/iKTnrdb1v/tumblr_static_52r0l6oko98os48okckcogkcc.gif <-Class is in session gif

Phase 1 Part 1: Neit
This part starts out easy. Just wail on Neit. 99% of his attack are AOE creations and it does cover the field. 99.9% of those are dodgeable/blockable. Each time he stabs the ground he gives you some seconds to deal some damage. The two attacks that REALLY allow you to deal damage is when he uses his back claws (tentacles in Korean interpretation) to stab the ground. He does about 4-5 times. The last time the stab will sit there longer allowing you to deal even more damage. The second one is when he slams the ground with one and then the other main 2 claws then breathes toxic down the middle. That is also a great time to deal damage. He DOES go under the poison water then comes up and side swipes. One thing you MUST keep in mind is watch out for not only his main claw but the back claw as well as that will hit if you don't time your dodge/block. Repeat until you can get Neamhain to appear....oh and the goal is to do all of this in around 5 minutes of starting the raid.

Phase 1 Part 2: Neamhain
Say hello to the not awakened goddess herself...Neamhain. This boss hurts more compared to Neit. Focus on studying her mechanics before you focus on damage. She has some combo attacks and yes she does have side swipe attacks. Her lance does attack with purple AOE waves in 3 when she upper swings. If you get hit by these then you are fatigued with loss of stamina and you may also get a debuff that not only saps your SP slowly but cuts all healing effects in half. It's hard to miss mostly but easy to miss if you don't pay attention and if it's your first time you will know quickly. Her attacks are easy to predict. She is just very fast and relentless. She does a spinning attack jumping into the air. That is also easy to spot. Just dodge the spin swing and thats it. Attack once she comes down....oh and when she stabs the ground during that attack Purple lightning strikes the ground in a big circle so ALWAYS be near her so you can contribute to damage. when she pulls the lance out of the ground lightning strikes the ground again. Get her to 8 bars and she will go inside of Neit starting Phase 2. She also has a red dash attack. You will know who is targetted because the person will be marked with an AOE particle indicator. Neamhain also has an attack where she jumps in the air with purple bullets. She will shoot them at the players. These are dodgeable. She will target the closest player which that player will be glowing purple when she targets them in an attempt to stab that player. This stab is the same stab effect as her jump spin attack.
VelisiriaZezeYuria100therapistguyHoshinakidazedgumballBladehawkOrder5Ertxz18Kourinand 17 others.

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited January 14, 2017
    Phase 2 Part 1: Neit
    Okay so you survived Neamhain. Well done. By now you understand how Neit works but now he has an extra attack. When he enters in he stabs the ground spinning. Dont be in the middle of the arena so you don't take damage but don't worry about an AOE as that's there to tease this attack for it happens in Phase 3. The extra attack he has is where he jumps back into the poison water then comes up circling the arena a little then starts stabbing the arena from where he is all the way across. This part is moderately slow so you can just dodge the AOE effect then deal damage when he idles at the other end of the arena. Just....make sure to dodge because he DOES attack by scraping the ground toward him and that's sneaky so learn the timing. Neit has another attack where he will stab each end of the arena with his main claws just sitting there. He will be using his back claws to stab the arena. Dodge the AOE it does and attack the main claws.

Phase 2 Part 2: Neamhain
    Neamhain is back and he has a few extra attacks up her sleeve and her attack patterns change a little. Her 4 combo sometimes changes to 3 as the 4th she jumps back and stab or she can simple throw 2 purple orbs to each side which then generate giant AOE fields and lightning strikes. You can either avoid them entirely or time your dodge/blocks. The major thing you will notice is she will float a bit glowing purple then disappear. This is her Gate of Babylon. I suggest watching videos on this to know where to stand and when to dodge. This attack I recommend having a Phoenix Feather Bundle as a fallback item just in case you miss-time your dodges. OH also this attack is a Red Attack so timing is VERY crucial. Once oyu get her to 6 bars she will go back inside of Neit and you basically repeat the Phase 2 stuff until she hits 4 bars.

Phase 3: Neit and Neamhain
    Oh hey....you made it to Phase 3 and you are probably either very low on potions or have none. This is the last stretch so it would be a shame to die at this much progress. Don't worry because all of the above applies.....the major difference is however is they will alternate attacking sometimes. There is no indication of knowing when it will happen so it's recommended to fight Neamhain towards the side of the arena since Neit attacks the middle mainly. Neamhain has one additional solo attack.....her cinematic one hit kill in which I call it.....Ping Pong....it's easy to spot. She does a noble pose as if she holds her lance like a bastard sword in front of her face. But don't relax. When she does this an AOE wave will spread across the whole arena regardless of where you are. You can dodge/block this though. But if you are hit by this then your Stamina is gone for a good.....10 seconds. She will teleport next to a random player and start spinning, jumps in the air then stab swings coming down. All of these attacks are iframe/blockable. But if you get hit then you are the Ping Pong Ball. Nemahain and Neit do have a combo one hit kill of their own. First thing you will notice is the camera will auto focus on Neit as he rises. He will do a 4 combo attack. Each attack being 1 second apart so time accordingly when iframe/blocking. If you are hit then you will be unable to move and are vulnerable to Neamhain's attack. Neamhain will then swoop down cinematic like and stab the ground killing anyone hit by that attack. Players who avoid Neit's attack will not be harmed by Neamhain. If all players dodge Neit then she will do her down stab attack. DO NOT be near her when she pulls the lance out. The AOE will instead of being a circle it will encase her for that effect. It can also attack players far away so prepare to dodge.. Keep this up until you hit her last bar. Once she is on the last bar of health that's it for this raid. You get a cool cinematic ending.

I'm sorry if I missed a few things.
    VelisiriaYuria100therapistguyMochiSweetHoshinakiBladehawkOrder5BloodAngelVoldaireArishaLand 2 others.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Oi, I am from EU and I have some questions about this raid:

Can we use 'Practise' mode on this raid? (I heard rumors that you can not :/ )
    2.) Most ingame buffs are disabled. This raid is about having mainly Raw Stats from your gear. VVIP, Soaps, etc. are all disabled.
    Can we use the [Premium Bath Soap (gift)]?
    Can we use [Tahtich Salad]?
    Can we use [Cooling Candy], [Refreshing Candy], [Bitter-Sweet Candy]?
    Can we use boosts like[Critical Chance Boost]?
    Do stats like +600 def from Cadet badge etc, or from event brooches from attendance event, apply in this raid?
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    JynXi
    JynXi said:

Oi, I am from EU and I have some questions about this raid:

Can we use 'Practise' mode on this raid? (I heard rumors that you can not :/ )
    Can we use the [Premium Bath Soap (gift)]?
    Can we use [Tahtich Salad]?
    Can we use [Cooling Candy], [Refreshing Candy], [Bitter-Sweet Candy]?
    Can we use boosts like[Critical Chance Boost]?
    Do stats like +600 def from Cadet badge etc, or from event brooches from attendance event, apply in this raid?

I believe all of these will be disabled in Neamhain.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    How do the potions we get for this battle compare to the healing of a Fortified Fruit Juice or a Fine HP pot? Anyone know exactly how much it restores, and if there is a perfect timing bonus on it?
  • RolandRoland
    Vindictus Rep: 1,715
    I think the potions heal 3000 HP. You can use the perfect timing bonus on it. I saw a few videos on Youtube.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    balance caps at 90, so that's at least 110 critical rating at the bare minimum for those wondering about it.

24,000 attack rating doesn't seem too bad, a mixed R7 heavy/cloth 3 star set with a +11 3 star can easily accomplish this.

Though, damage rating varies from class to class, which can also determine whether a run succeeds or fails.
    Voldaire
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    1.) The potions heal close to 3000 when chugging and jogging. Timing it the result varies but it heals a lot.

2.) Yes those buffs are disabled.

3.) Exactly Ikarsu.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    GM RobertBlade clutch as always ^_^
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Lol as much as i would like to work as a translator i dont think i would have the qualifications.
    BloodAngel
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited January 15, 2017
    "11.) Neit has no life bar so don't worry about that."

Well-play well-played. Neit has no life. How does one slay that which has no life? No, I will not be posting a reference to South Park.
    탱크블레이드BigAssTTs
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Order5
    Order5 said:

"11.) Neit has no life bar so don't worry about that."

Well-play well-played. Neit has no life. How does one slay that which has no life? No, I will not be posting a reference to South Park.
    I'm so glad someone picked up on that :P
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 15, 2017
    In the Dimensional Rift is the Sea of Reflection. The Sea of Reflection is where Neit, the source of corruption, was born. Neit cannot be killed as of yet. Even though he is considered the source, Neit's power still has to come from somewhere. As long as the Sea of Reflection remains, Neit will continue to receive his power. Whose reflection is this? If the one reflecting disappears, will the Sea of Reflection disappear too?

Also, I hope the Devs give us Neamhain's hair for female characters in the avatar shop. It looks good. +love
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited January 15, 2017
    The hair will probably be in the avatar shop the same day as Neamhain gacha.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    We know how the corruption started, but the question is why did the corruption happen? Whose reflection created the Sea of Reflection?
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Forgot to ask this important question: How much health exactly are we dealing with in nemain?

In the royal raids, we have to deal with 30 bars at 25 million HP total with each bar clocking in at 833,xxx health.

I'm probably guessing she'll clock in at a whopping 30-35 million HP, considering she's a super boss.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    edited January 15, 2017
    @Ikarsu
    I could be wrong, but I think Neamhain has 15M HP and high DEF + critical resistance making her a very tanky boss.

A world formed by human thoughts. A world that reflects a person's heart/emotions. Seems very Persona 4-esque to me. Another hallow forest.

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Yeah I don't know when it comes to health numbers. All I do is translate content and provide live ingame translations in test server. xD
  • KiwaKiwa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    edited January 16, 2017
    For Neamhain, do you need to be up to date in Story to be able to access her at Berbhe? Or will the raid show up regardless?
    Thanks. xP
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Eh, 15 million HP isn't that bad, but I guess she might pull an ulchas knowing how tanky he is >_>
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Host wise, to what raid this raid is compareable? Is it as 'laggy' as pantheon used to be, or is it way more smooth?

And what will happen if the host dc's ? Does the dungeon restart with the person in 2nd place, as host? (aka. is there a way to restart the battle without losing a departure count? xD)