[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Main Story Summary

BoatGodBoatGod
Vindictus Rep: 2,575
edited July 25, 2020 in Story
Since the old forum shut down, I wanted to copy and paste this and also add my own to give to my friends who don't know the story to get caught up. Soyul was the person who originally made this. Since I did read through the story a few times over I can answer some questions. I will continue to update this and make the paragraphs visually pleasing when I feel like it. Also, curse the low character limit.
(I'm sure there are grammar mistakes since I'm typing this as I go, so If there is any grammar mistake, please pm me so I can fix it. )

-Yo boatgod here. Playing again since Lethor came out. The summary is now up to S3 epilogue

(One more thing. The official Vindictus Discord has a story channel that picks up after I stopped writing which is around the Arcana and Aiden stories. Be sure to check out Earl's write up of Season 3 chapters 1 to 3. Also, check out his write up of Season 4's story which is very well done.)

***SPOILER ALERT***
The following contains spoilers of Season 1, Season 2 and Season 3

TLDR

Season 1:
Became a mercenary. Became a Royal solder. Became a Traitor. Became a God Slayer and saw two god being born. Tieve became Morrigan. Keaghan became Chicol
Everyone lost their memories.

Season 2:
Became a pirate, Killed 3 Gods(the snake, kraken, and god of death Cromm) everyone lost their memory again except you.

Season 3:
Became a Hero, people die when they are killed and The Beggar was Brynn the whole time!

Season 3 Chapter 2:
Became a cave-dweller, fought against a pothead, male version of Samara, male version of Elsa, Female Dullahan and another god

Season 3 Chapter 3:
Became a pervert and took a peek at a 10ft women bathing, killed a Moana Frog and touched the King of fomors seductively. Defeated yet another god, but went down like a baby when some redhead chick cut you with a sword and now a war between gods sprung up from your low pain threshold.

Season 3 Epilogue: WIP

Season 4: Woo some crazy stuff happens. Haven't finished the story for a TLDR of this. Of course, my TLDR is just comedic jokes that don't explain much of anything so.

This is only a summary that shows what each episode is about, but it should give you a good enough gist of it.

Season 1

Background:

Nice little video to get in the reading mood.

There were strong winds. It was a rough and desolate land. People formed colonies to survive.
They had a reason to live. It was because of a legend.
Everyone lived with the legend in their hearts like a burning flame.
One day, they will go to Erinn.
One day, they will go to paradise.
For there was a promise, they waited.
Morrighan, the goddess who will defeat the Fomors and lead them to paradise.
It is said she had dark wings.
No one remembered how long they’ve waited for her arrival.
All they know now is the legend and the promise.
Destroy the Fomors.
Their blood will open the doors to Erinn.
When the last drop of blood falls
The goddess will spread her wings and stand before you.
The nights were filled with blood on the battlefield where many lives were lost.
But the goddess did not appear.
Perhaps the legend is wrong.
Or perhaps the promise has not yet been met.
(BoatGod: kill all fomors to summon Morrigan and give us paradise)
-its been a while, and we are losing faith in the prophecy-

Prologue:

The guardian spider of Colhen is out of control and heads for the bell tower. You, Marrec, and Aodhan go in with Tieve to try and calm it down. You find Gnolls and fomorian emblem inside. There were signs on the spider indicating that it was being controlled, but the spider is eventually killed. A mysterious figure watches from afar.

Ep 1: The Crimson Blades

Because of the Fomorian emblem and gnolls found in the bell tower, the fomors and gnolls are suspected of being up to something. Gnolls are supposed to be indifferent to humans. An investigation leads to the conclusion that the gnolls are preparing to attack and you eventually defeat one of the leaders, Gnoll Chieftain and they are held back.

Ep 2: Shadow of the Fomors

You find kobolds in the hoarfrost hollow and find out that the leaders of kobolds have been given instructions from Shakarr to gather and attack humans. You succeed in foiling their plan.

Ep 3: Piercing the Crescent Moon

You find out about the mysterious destruction of a town called Ainle. No one knows exactly what happened and the place is restricted from access by the Royal Army which is under the leadership of the Church. You investigate and find goblins and vampires from another dimension. You hear from town folks that there had been a large mana explosion coming from Ainle before the town was destroyed. Ellis, a naive cadet leader dies during his investigation of the town. It seems like portals have been opened that connects this world with another dimension. You find evidence of Royal Army’s participation but the investigation is halted as it seems to become more dangerous with portals opening on their own without any magic. Nyle, the mysterious robed man says he’ll take care of it instead. We still don’t know exactly what happened in Ainle at this point.

Ep 4: The King of the Gnolls

(fan art by Memorys)

You find documents that seem to suggest that the gnolls have allied with the Fomors. It turns out that there were two gnoll factions: The ones who wanted to side with the Fomors and the ones who opposed. Gnoll Chieftain was actually part of the opposition who played an important role in holding back the alliance and war with humans. But the gnolls, led by Black Scar is now free from the opposition and swears allegiance to Shakarr. They prepare to attack humans but you defeat the Gnoll King and they retreat back into the ruins.

Ep 5: The Lost Holy Artifact

I think this is the first time Tieve shows signs of sleepiness. Yetis are found in the hoarfrost depths. During the investigation you find kobolds. You are also given the task to find the stolen holy statue of the goddess from the Church. It seems like it was used to awaken the yetis. But you notice that it’s strange that the kobolds seem to know your every move. There is a suspicion that someone from the inside is leaking information from the Church. The statue is returned and because of your accomplishments, you are brought to Rocheste.

Ep 6: Colhen in Flames

You arrive in Rocheste with Gwynne. There is a report of Fomors preparing an attack at Fomorian Base. While you go investigate, Colhen is attacked. You go just in time to save Colhen but some people are missing. Tieve is found to be safe in the Temple but Clodagh is taken by Black Hammer. Shakarr ordered to kidnap Tieve but Black Hammer mistakenly took Clodagh. Clodagh is rescued by you and Keaghan. There is a conversation between Black Hammer and Shakarr and BH questions why Shakarr isn’t focusing on destroying humans and instead interested in Tieve. You can sense a bit of tension between the two
NoburoAqua22DownIoadYuria100FlufffyParrotZezeAbyssofthorMizoraVelisiriaAlieniaand 3 others.

Comments

• BoatGodBoatGod
    edited July 25, 2020
    Ep 7: The Second Oracle
    5uPBeAi.jpg
    (“Oracle’s Arrival” fan art by squiddytreat)

The Church has ordered the oracles to gather in Rocheste because apparently there have been signs that the Oracle of Prophecy will appear soon. Tieve has received no such sign. You end up saving the Pontiff from Lizardmen’s attack and you are named a Guardian. There is a report of a woman being taken into the sewers by scale-skinned men. You go investigate and find lizardmen and ratmen. Upon several travels back to the sewers, you find a destroyed seal stone which seemed to have been used as a seal for something. You also end up finding and saving Seanna from Verafim (Seanna’s identity and what Verafim was doing with her is revealed in Season 2 storyline*). Pontiff declares that Seanna is the Oracle of Prophecy who would lead to Erinn. You are knighted for your accomplishments. Seanna, however, doubts that she’s the one since she received no sign
    Ep 8: Not Even if You Kill Us All
    X4l71TF.jpg
    You hear that Ingkells and the Ortel castle have rebelled against the church.
    There is a scene where Ingkells is telling the people of the castle that the prophecy is false and the Church is lying. He decides to die fighting so he and the people of the castle all drink the bloody shade thing and transform into monsters. The Church labels them Fomors. You defeat Ingkells. As he dies, he says the goddess will not come, “not even if you kill us all” and hands you a fragment of the catacomb which has the mark of the Church.

The fragment is shown to Keaghan and he goes to the Cathedral to find answers. When he asks Seanna about the prophecy, Laurys interrupts and simply recites the prophecy. Keaghan shows the Laurys the fragment but he says he doesn’t know what it is (he may actually not know what it is and could be the doing of Gilliam alone, as explained in Season 2 storyline**).

When shown to Jarlath, he says the fragment is from the catacomb in Ainle which is supposed to be sealed off. You reach the catacomb and defeat Glas. You notice the magic circle of the Church and note that it’s strange how they were keeping Glas like that. On your way out, Riordan waits outside and informs Keaghan that he is now labeled a traitor by the Church. Gwynn is killed by arrows aimed at Keaghan. Nyle appears and teleports you and Keaghan away to safety.
    Aqua22MochiSweetVelisiria[GM] ViewtyPiracy
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited December 4, 2018
    Ep 9: The Song of Destruction
    MqfT6qJ.png
    Keaghan wants to find out what happened and go see Laurys. He says it was not his order. Keaghan goes back to the Magic Lab and finds Naveen the prophet (you find out his identity in Season 2 and how he suddenly appears out of nowhere). Naveen explains that the Church wants to kill him because he saw the truth. They were trying to summon Morrighan but failed (it’s likely it has something to do with the large mana explosion detected from Ainle and the portals to another dimension being opened and the eventual destruction of the town).

Here Keaghan is confused because as far as he knows, defeating the Fomors is the only way to summon Morrighan and according to his understanding, the Church’s actions don’t make sense. Keaghan begins to question his understanding of the prophecy. Naveen tells Keaghan to go see Shakarr to hear about the prophecy of the non-humans. He says Shakarr knows the true prophecy.

You defeat Shakarr and talk to him. He says that humans are not the only ones with a prophecy. The Fomor’s prophecy is to wipe out humans and the God of Fomors will return. He admits that there is uncertainty as to which prophecy is the real one but one thing he is certain is that when Erinn comes, Cichol, the God of Fomors will come (note how both Elchulus and Cichol are considered god of Fomors. It could be a flaw in the story or maybe Fomors have several gods). Shakarr believes that killing each other isn’t the way to summon Erinn. When asked if the attempted kidnapping of Tieve has something to do with it, he doesn’t say anything. You and Keaghan leave. Black Hammer is not happy that Sharkarr let you go and confronts Shakarr about his view about the non-violent method. Black Hammer kills Shakarr.

Keaghan is back in the Magic lab. Naveen says it’s selfish to think that humans would be the only ones with a prophecy. Keaghan objects by saying Fomors don’t even have a god. Naveen corrects him that they have merely lost him and that their desire to have him back could result in a prophecy in itself (Here, it sort of implies that the prophecy about killing all humans is actually false and its fabrication is just a result of their deep desire).

Naveen says if the Church exists to deliver the goddess’ message but the goddess is actually summoned, what would be the point of the Church’s existence. Therefore, they actually do not want Erinn summoned and want to get rid of the oracle of prophecy. Nyle explains that most of the Silent Brotherhood were wiped out by the Church because their goal is to protect the oracle of prophecy until Erinn comes.

Naveen says “the ones with no god” (lizardmen) have already broken the seal to the door (to Albey). When Keaghan asks if they are the Fomors, he explains that the Fomors are the ones who lost their god but these are the ones who do not have a god (the origin of Lizardmen is explained in Season 2 storyline****). The seal had been already broken at the time when you found the seal stone in the sewers. However, Naveen says the door hasn’t been opened yet and that Keaghan must stop them. Keaghan says he has no intention of stopping them since they want to bring Erinn, which is what humans want and also stopping them would be helping the Church. He leaves but Naveen knows he’ll be back.

You and Keaghan go to the temple and find Tieve unconscious and her body is seen fading out. You and Keaghan go to the Inn and tell Keaghan that Tieve’s been falling asleep quite frequently for some time. Keaghan goes into a deep thought and you go to the magic lab.

Naveen tells you to go stop Verafim from perfecting the magic and summoning “the evil one”. He says they are trying to get to the place where time is stopped, where the master of time lives.

Verafim and Black Hammer are talking and Gilliam interjects. Black Hammer is confused. Verafim uses magic to gain control over Black Hammer.
    You defeat Controlled Black Hammer and report back to Naveen. He says you are too late and they have perfected their Fomor controlling magic. Naveen explains the Guardian Spider at the bell tower in the prologue was a test of the controlling magic which failed but now it is perfected.

Gilliam tells Verafim that he will now have control over the Fomors without his help. The deal was for Verafim to use the power to prevent humans from summoning Erinn but Verafim betrays him and intends to destroy the Fomors by gaining control over Lionotus. Verafim, lets Gilliam go since his goal is to wipe out the Fomors and not humans. He wants to replace the Fomors with his own kind and take Cichol as their own god.

Naveen tells you that they have probably already summoned the “Evil One” and need to stop them. On your way out, Keaghan comes in and you leave for Albey.

Keaghan asks Naveen if he knew that Tieve was the oracle of Prophecy. He confirms it and explains that she is destined to go to Erinn and therefore her body is slowly fading away into Erinn. Keaghan asks how to stop it but Naveen says there is no way to stop destiny as a mere human. Keaghan says if he can’t stop Tieve from going to Erinn, he will bring it here (so that Tieve can stay).

You defeat Lionotus and foil Verafim’s plan. You come back to Naveen who says that the seal of the god (The dark power inside Verafim seen in ep. 10. The origin of the seal/power is explained in Season 2*****) escaped and that the ones who must not meet have met (Keaghan and Verafim). He says fate has begun to move on its track and that all this is destiny.

Keaghan goes to see Verafim. Verafim is surprised but he suddenly seems to realize something. He teaches Keaghan how to summon Erinn. When Keaghan asks why he is teaching him this, Verafim explains that he intended to bring Erinn and when the god of Fomors comes, wipe out the Fomors to take their god. He tells him that he realized something after seeing Keaghan. The rest of the dialogue is not revealed to the player. Verafim says they will meet again.
    8YFavig.jpg

I'll make a shorter summary for this later

For now here is a TLDR: Keaghan is looking for da wae to save Tieve. He finds Shakarr and there he hears of another prophecy. A prophecy for the Fomors; Kill all humans and the Fomor god Chicol will descend. You and Keaghan meet with Verafim. He teaches Keaghan how to summon Erinn.
    MochiSweetVelisiria[GM] Viewty
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited December 4, 2018
    Ep 10: Descent of the Goddess
    tGP5fCX.jpg
    You, Keaghan, and Tieve are back from a picnic. Keaghan is not happy because Tieve had fallen asleep again during the picnic. When you and Keaghan are alone, he tells you he intends to summon Erinn and asks for your help.

Keaghan goes to Brynn and asks for the book of the History of the Paradise which contains the life of those who have been to Erinn and the instructions to get there (Verafim probably told him about it). It turns out that Brynn knew all along that Tieve was the oracle of prophecy and that he had tried to summon Erinn to save Tieve when he was little (I think it’s explained in one of the sub-stories that he mistakenly summoned Glas instead and became severely weaken and Reilly confine him in the lab and put a magic spell to keep him from dying). The book was given to Brynn by Naveen and was told that the destined one would come and take the book. Brynn hands the book to Keaghan because he also wants to save Tieve.

Reading through the book, Keaghan realizes he needs the ancient stone. It’s the ancient seal stone that you found in the sewers in one of the previous quests which Brynn hands to Keaghan.

Keaghan goes to see Tieve at the Inn. When Keaghan hands the seal stone to Tieve it disappears which confirms that she is the oracle of prophecy.

You and Keaghan defeat Siglint and return to Brynn. He says you will need to see Elchulus and in order to do so, break his seal.

The opening cutscene of Beokros (KR version):

Keaghan: Where are you, seal of the Fomor god? The one who will break the seal has come. Show yourself.

Beo: What is it that you want mortal?

Keaghan: I will summon Erinn. I will break the seal by killing you.

Beo: If you kill me, the guardian of time will awaken. This will resume the fate that had been put on hold. Is that what you want?

Keaghan: I will kill you and change Tieve’s fate.

Beo: What a foolish human. Killing me will not change destiny. The moment I die, the seal will break and fate will smother you instead!

Keaghan: Quiet! I will shatter such fate!

After Beokros is defeated, you see the surroundings changed. You return to Brynn and he says it’s likely Heide which is known to be the place where goddess will descend and also the path to Erinn. It means the seal is broken. Brynn doesn’t know how to get there but he thinks Tieve likely knows. Keaghan and Brynn think Tieve will have to go with him to summon Erinn.

Keaghan goes to the Inn and finds Tieve in her oracle attire. She was expecting. She says she will happily accept her fate if her sacrifice could get Keaghan to Erinn. They depart for Heide.

The opening cutscene of Elchulus (KR version):

Elchulus: I, the immortal god of Fomors ask you, what is it that you want mortal?

Keaghan: I will summon Erinn. Teach me how.

Elchulus: Erinn is already summoned. My arrival to this place, this is Erinn

Keaghan: What?

Elchulus: Erinn is the place where time does not pass. If time does not pass, there is no more pain, suffering, hunger. This is what you call a true paradise, Erinn. And as for Morrighan, who was my seal: the moment my seal is broken would also mean her freedom.

Keaghan: Tieve! No!

Echulus: Oracle of Prophecy, the embodiment of Morrighan. The day Morrighan’s seal is broken, she will descend on the Oracle and her body will disappear, then only Morrighan will remain.

Keaghan: What? If Tieve was fated to go to Erinn, I wanted to keep her by my side by bringing Erinn to this place. But, bringing Erinn meant freeing Morrighan? Have I freed Morrighan with my own hands just to have Tieve become Morrighan? Then instead of saving Tieve, have I actually accelerated the process?

Echulus: This is the result of human greed, the price you pay for Erinn’s descent.

Keaghan: This can’t be. This can’t be! If that’s the case, I will destroy you and prevent time from stopping. If Erinn is a lie, I will destroy such thing!

Echulus ending cutscene (KR version):

Keaghan: How…

Elchulus: It’s no use, human

Keaghan: Nonsense! If you rise again I will take you down again no matter how many times it takes.

Elchulus: This is futile, mortal. My power is that of a god’s, you cannot stop me as a mere human.

Keaghan: Dammit. Dammit! This can’t be. This can’t be!

Verafim: The time has come.

Keaghan: You!

Verafim: Do you wish to save your woman?

Keaghan: What?

Verafim: Kill me. Kill me and consume the dark power residing in me. It is the seal of god, the key to god’s resurrection

Tieve: No, please

Verafim: Come tear my heart apart, human. With this power, save your woman!

Keaghan: If killing you can prevent time from stopping, I would even trade away my soul!

Tieve: No. Someone please…

Keaghan: I will not part with Tieve like this!
    WCy0EWu.jpg

Keaghan opening cut scene (KR version):

Keaghan: I will not part with Tieve like this!

Tieve: Keaghan, please…

Tieve: No please. Someone please save him!

Keaghan ending cutscene (NA version)

(this is what they said in the Korean version, however)
    Verafim: Fool. To shed the human form is to break the seal of god.

Cichol: Wait for me. I will destroy this frozen, false paradise. I will become the seal myself and put Elchulus back to sleep. Until I completely seal him away, just until then, please wait for me.

Tieve: Such a pitiful, unfortunate man, you are…
    CeljLGv.jpg

Epilogue:

You return to the Inn to find that Seanna has been sent to Colhen as the oracle of the town. She doesn’t remember you. Ernmass says there has never been an oracle in Colhen. The people of the town remember you but have no memory of events that happened. Eg. Caera says you’ve been in Colhen for only a short time. Marrec doesn’t remember who he shared the friendship rings with. Brynn and Nyle doesn’t remember you (you haven’t established relationship) or Tieve despite having her portrait on the desk.

NgxFdMy.jpg
    (Player reminiscing the picnic)
    Tieve: Come, come over here.

Keaghan: Don’t rush. You’re going to fall.

Tieve: Haha. But it’s been so long since we went out like this. And it’s the first time on a picnic with <Player>

Keaghan: …

Tieve: Doesn’t the sun feel great?

Keaghan: Yeah, it’s really peaceful. It’s as if time has stopped here.

Tieve: Wouldn’t it be great if time did actually stop? There would be no war… No farewells… Haha, but it’s okay. I will remember this moment forever.

Keaghan: Haha, you speak like someone who’s about to part. We’ll come back again next time so you don’t have to be so emotional.

Tieve: Haha okay. It’s a promise. And <Player>, thanks for coming with us. I feel so happy thanks to you two. I’m okay now. And… I won’t forget.
    T0bt8YY.jpg

I'll also make a shorter summary for this later

TLDR: You and Keaghan defeat the 2 dragon guardian that was sealing Elchulus. Keaghan ate the heart of Verafim that house the power of a god. Keaghan defeats Elchulus. Keaghan becomes Chicol and Tieve became Morrighan. Everyone lost their memories of Keaghan, Tieve and you.
    Piracy
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited July 25, 2020
    Season 2 Story Summary

The character hears a voice that fate cannot be changed. That what they experience was just one side of the story. They reach out to that voice and entered a dream-like sequence. There the character finds specters of people they met telling them how they felt. Tieve or someone masquerading as Tieve tells the character that if they wish to see the other side of the story, they may walk through that door, and destiny will repeat itself. The character agrees and went back in time just after they defeated the gnoll chieftain. They see that Tieve is alive and emotions swell up in their chest. The character is relieved to see her alive, but the voice calls out to them again to go to Malina and find the destiny stone.

( I believe that the voice is from Nuadha, the king of gods. In S3 epilogue he quoted "That's why
    I had you experience two separate fates.") -boatgod

Episode 1: Coffer Chaser

Shayla offered the Character a change of lifestyle. From Mercenary to Treasure Hunter, the character set sail to Malina and there you join a guild called Coffer Chaser. There the Character hears a rumor that every treasure hunter wishes to find, the destiny stone. It is said that it will let you control your own fate and become a King. The character finds a kid named Milo who's trying to become a Coffer Chaser and starts getting attached to the character. The Leader of the Coffer Chaser Tristan went missing. The Character goes to find him and ends up killing two gods. Finds Tristan and some treasure along the way.

Episode 2: Twilight Desert

The character and Milo head to the desert in the hope of finding the destiny stone. Milo faints during the journey so they head back home to rest. They went back to the desert and finds the princess Iset who wishes to find her love one Haven, who is her bodyguard and also to restore her kingdom. They all bond with one another and Iset gives this large erg crystal to them. This crystal, however, houses the power of a God. Milo started showing signs of oversleeping like a certain oracle, but that was due to the power of the erg crystal. The crystal is then given to Seanna the Oracle and Kean the royal guard.

Episode 3: Crossing People

The Character and Kean travels to a mine, but instead of it being full of iron ores and such, it is full of erg crystal. This mine is actually a tomb of a god. Seanna is summoned to Rocheste by the order of the Pontiff. This was just a ruse by the Pontiff to kidnap and steal the Large erg crystal from Seanna. The character and Kean tried to stop it but fails and Seanna in the process also lost her memory. Kean’s brother Cethe tried to resurrect a god, but failed and in turn became a monster called Juggernaut. Milo and Allysse are prince and princesses that were accused of being a witch ten years ago. During that time Milo died but was resurrected by Allysse. The Pontiff Court caught wind of their location and sent and inquisitor to kill them.

Episode 4: Paradise of Nonbelievers

The Inquisitor came and the Character fought and killed him, but before his last breath, he killed milo once again. To save Milo, the Character, Kean, Enzo and Allysse travel to Annwyn. There they fought against Cromm Cruaich, the druid's God of Death. Enzo being the last druid who worshipped Cromm Cruaich, betrayed the group. Cromm reward Enzo half of his power to Enzo and so Enzo battle against his once dear friends. The Character defeated Enzo took the next challenge ahead, Cromm himself. The Character stood victorious as they killed yet another god. It is then stated that Allysse is the destiny stone. She resurrected Milo, but this cause Allysse to disappears from the world. Milo determined to find his sister sets off on his journey alongside Iset. Elchulus is seen flying over them, which indicates the event leading up to the birth of Chicol and Morrighan.

MizoraVelisiriaPiracy
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited July 25, 2020
    Miscellaneous

Extra content: Hilder Forest/Blood Lord/Titan

Hilder Forest:
    There were Trolls attacking the Ortel castle. You and Aodhan wanted to help your buddy Ingkells.

Blood Lord:
    Stuff happened. (ill add something when I get more info)

Titan( easiest boss in the game):
    Brakis lost his daughter and arm to this giant. Then you came along with a toothpick and killed him.

Seanna is actually not an oracle of Morrighan. She is a witch that has the ability to detect the power of another god (Cromm) which she hides to avoid getting killed by the Church or becoming an inquisitor. Kean makes a report about her ability to detect powers which leads the church to suspect Seanna as the oracle of prophecy. Verafim kidnaps her but is found to be not the one and her memory is erased. The large blue erg is also taken from her and swallowed.

Laurys is interested in hunting down the remaining Royal family (Alysse and Milo) and “witches” who have powers like Seanna and Alysse. Laurys wants to become King of the kingdom by destroying the destiny stone.

Naveen is half human and half Fomor which allows Verafim to take control over him with the Fomor controlling magic. Naveen is instructed to simply tell the truth about the prophecy to Keaghan.

Lizardmen had no god of their own and lived in Twilight Desert as slaves when Iset’s kingdom was still intact. Some left when the kingdom collapsed and some stayed. Those who stayed seem to have disappeared while those who left are in search of their own god, like Verafim. Lazkum left Verafim and others to find a new life in Malina as an assistant to Enzo.

Contrary to popular belief among magicians, erg crystals turn out to be the remaining power of a god and the erg mines in Malina are actually a tomb of a god (Cromm). The Church had been mining ergs to practice summoning magic. Iset gives you the large blue erg she found which was being transported by the Royal ship but was lost when the ship sunk. Brynn says it contains enough powers to make one “seem like a god”. Verafim steals and swallows it when he kidnaps Seanna. This was the reason Keaghan became Chicol after eating the heart of Verafim which contained the power of a god.

Kean is the guy who accompanies Seanna. Keith is his brother and a magician of the Church. Keith doesn't appear as an NPC. He exists as Kean's memories and the voice recording found in the mines.
    You learn that Kean and Keith's relationship turned sour when Keith joined the Church which Kean disapproved of. Keith learned about the erg mines and the Church's involvement and that it is the tomb of Cromm. He sort of infiltrated into the Church in order to carry out his experiments freely in the mines.

Milo is actually the King of Erinn

According to the Demigod Macha. A God is just a vessel that contains that thought of all living things and is manifested as pure energy.

Alysse and Milo are actually children of the King but they were born from different mothers. Milo was born from the Queen but Alysse was born from a random dancer. The King took Alysse in as the princess.

Enzo is the last remaining druid who worships Cromm. However, he desires to see the day when humans are freed from the destiny laid down by the gods. Although he remains a “believer” in the end and seems like a traitor, he actually takes away half of Cromm’s power (Cromm says he will give Enzo half of his power in KR cutscene). This probably plays a part in being able to defeat Cromm and changing destiny.

Old Meb can tell the future. She predicted several things and they all came true. But one thing she predicted hasn’t come true yet. She said Seanna is “destined to change fate”. She will probably play a major role in Season 3.

Season 3 titbits I found or just remembered:
    Jornin's sister is Dianann (found out from chitchatting with Jornin)

Dunno what a Cassian is since they never join the fomor army so we never fought one.
    Piracy
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited July 27, 2020
    Season 3

Prologue: Paradise of Oblivion
    Sometime after the battle of Cromm, the Player wake up in the inn of Malina. (however to others it's only been a short time after the Player left Colhen, because of the memory wipe.) The Player gets a letter from the mercenary guild Crimson Blade to assist the royal army in a war with the fomors. The veteran mercenary will be fighting as the vanguard for the royal army, which consists of Aodhan and Merrec. The player is still a "rookie" therefore will be placed as a guard of Rocheste Castle. The royal army and the veteran mercenary head out with the player staying back at the castle. A loud noise came from the docks, where the Player spots a giant blue sea monster wreaking havoc all around the area. The Player stops and imprisons him. He proceeds to question the Player if they remember something others do not. The royal army came back shouting how they incur no casualties, but something was wrong. The Player does not see Aodhan or Merrec, nor do people recognize their names. The Player heads to the place of battle to find bloodied gear of the two. (assumed dead)
    There the Player finds Cichol telling you,
    "...If you could relive your life, knowing that you would one day lose everything...Would you still make the same choices? Is that what we call "destiny? Don't you want to turn everything back to the way it was?"

Episode 1: Path of the Hero
    The Player released Muir from imprisonment and hid him in Brynn's laboratory, hoping to find a solution to this confusing situation. Muir has lost most of his memory. He states that his lost memory is in Ben Chenner. The Player head towards Ben Chenner with Brynn. (Could this be the effect of repeating time? Since Tieve does not exist anymore he did not have to try to summon Morrighan, which was the cause of his own confinement in his laboratory.) In Ben Chenner you find Elves, a lost and forgotten race thought to disappear. Corruption surrounds the mountain along with the elves causing them to lose their mind and attack the player. The Player finds the Queen of Elves and helped Muir become human. There she tells them that the answer they seek is on top of the mountain.

Episode 2: A Mountain of Ash
    Muir registered to be a mercenary in the Crimson Blade. It becomes apparent that only the Player and Muir remembers the people who have died and been forgotten. They found proof that Erinn descended in the world, however incomplete. Because of this, the Corruption became powerful enough to distort reality. Ben Chenner the mountain filled with rivers and trees is the same burning mountain spewing lava everywhere

Episode 3: Light and Shadow
    A summoning ritual was discovered in the ruins. As it turns out, the summoning ritual was identical to that of Byrnn when he tried to summon the goddess, but failed and instead summoned our favorite four-armed raid boss Glas Ghaibhleann back in season 1. Whoever made this ritual summoned Lord Glas Ghaibhleann which the Player defeats. Upon defeating Glas, Byrnn's memories returned.

Episode 4: Crossroads to Ruin
    The player learned from Seanna that Glas Ghaibhleann is Morrighan's guardian who also fought alongside Lugh Lamhfada. Lugh Lamhfada's original name was Dauna. He was picked by Fragarach as a sword to become a hero to fight against destiny and failed. Muir's true name is Mannanan; a sea deity who became human. He places Lugh and all the elves in an eternal sleep forever in Erinn only to be forgotten in time. The Player finds Cichol at the temple. A deal was made to Cichol, defeat Lugh Lamhfada, and obtain Fragarach to bring back the player's dead friend. After defeating Lugh and obtaining Fragarach, the dead have come back to life. The place where the player battle Lugh is the entryway to Lochlann the land of fomors. The royal army sent out a mission to cross the land of fomors. The Coffee Chaser wanted in on this and decided to have an alliance with the Crimson Blade for the upcoming war into Lochlann.

Season 3 chapter 2

Episode 1: Third Disciple
    The Player enters the land of fomors only to find an infection ravaging around. It seems the corruption only affects the fomors and not humans. The Player fought and defeated infected Eochaid, but the ground collapse with the Player and Scenna falling together.

Episode 2: Blight of the Unseen
    The Player and Scenna found a town called Berbhe which had some troubled folks and decided to help them. Killed a goblin wearing a stew pot on his head. Killed this giant human spider thing by ringing a bell. You later find out Eochaid the werewolf monster thing you killed was the town’s guardian and that all those people that look like humans are fomors that used the light shade to become human to slow the infection. Except for the fomor priest, he's human.

(Gertrude – Gremlin
    Roma - Gremlin
    Rema – Gremlin
    Culann – Orge
    Macklin – Half kobold Half Gremlin
    Jornin - Cassian)

*Sort of side story but not really optional main story
    Corruption of the Goddess:
    You find out that the source of the contamination was caused by Neit, a giant crab, bug, cockroach, centipede looking monstrosity that is almost as easy as Titan and Neamhain, a metal winged dominatrix with a skin-tight suit that enjoys penetrating you with her spears(yes plural, also a fake/incomplete goddess that Keaghan/Chicol created) She believed that the arrival of Morrighan and Chicol would bring them freedom, but when they did arrive they asked the people "Why do you exist" The people understood that this was their fate. To be rescued and betrayed until the end of times. And so Neimhain created Neit to save the people. Neimhain views the plague as not an infection, but salvation to save us from paradise. Neimhain also believes that Chicol will save the people, unlike Morrighan.
    As long as the "Sea of Redemption" exist, Neimhain is immortal
    Interlude: Call of the Goddess
    -Ceara’s side story
    The story starts after the Player stumble upon Berbhe. From the perspective of the young female mercenary Ceara, a voice was heard calling Ceara’s name, but she brushed it off thinking it was just Merrec calling for her. A bell rang, indicating the mercenaries and coffer chaser to instruct the new recruits in combat. Ceara suddenly fainted during the combat training and once again heard a voice calling her name. The voice calls herself Morrighan who then asks Ceara to lend her power to the Player and the oracle Seanna. Ceara tried to find a way to travel to Berbhe, but she got the news that Colhen was under attack. Ceara stopped the Fomor’s attack and proceeds to help the town recover from the destruction. You head out to the sewers with Tristan and Ashen to search for the Main Character and Oracle, but found Brynn instead who told Ceara to turn back as it was too dangerous for her. Ceara decided to ask the pontiff Laurys for help. Laurys accepted her cry for help and gave Ceara some soldiers to aid her. The wife of commander Riordan; Nel chose to follow Ceara secretly because she was bored. As Ceara continue her journey the soldiers betrayed her and cut across her gut. On the ground in pain, Brynn and Muir came to save her. Ceara, Brynn, Muir, and Nel continue on with their journey to find Berbhe. Macha, the goddess of war and fury took control of Ceara’s body and killed Nel. Macha was the voice all along telling Ceara what to do. The Player finds Ceara’s unconscious body on the floor.

Episode 3: Day of Reckoning
    The Player finds Ceara unconscious and takes her to the inn for her to rest. She warns the Player about the royal army coming to Berbhe. The Player and Culann decided to be the first of the townsfolk to greet the royal army to show that the people of Berbhe are all human and mean no harm. They are met with Riorden, the captain of the royal army and Ronaun, the lord of Rocheste who agrees to “protect” the townsfolks from fomors. The player encounters Enok, a magician of the Pontiff court. They help the royal army find a way to go back to the surface via the frozen path up north. After finding a way back to the surface you head back to town to rendezvous with the reinforcements. There you meet Muir and Brynn. Muir relay terrible news about the surface; the contamination had spread to both Colhen and Rocheste. There is a divide between the Pontiff court and the royal army. Gilliam and Enok wanted to use fomor controlling magic however a fomor controlling magic was reflected back since one was already in place. It is also stated that they wish to use human controlling magic. Gilliam convinces the lord to order the Player to kill the heretic priest. The Player killed the heretic priest that was using fomor controlling magic. It is discovered that Enok was the one who summons the lord Glas Ghaibhleann. Spinos gave a note to Rema to give to Riordan which states that the pontiff court is using the fomor controlling magic to hinder the royal army and they’re using the mercenary to retrieve an artifact called the remnant of the goddess and that it is their fault for the injuries inflicted on Nel. If in the form of a feather, the remnant of the goddess is able to summon Morrighan herself. Also, the remnant of the goddess is imbued with the power of Morrighan which is needed for human controlling magic. That can be said the same for the black feather that the player has which can summon Chicol if needed. Suspicious of your movement, Riordan secretly follows the Player. Just as the Player was about to retrieve the remnant of the goddess, Riordan steps in and takes it from the Player. By doing so he stopped the Pontiff’s Court from taking control of the remnant of the goddess.

Episode 4: Dogma
    Meanwhile back in the town of Berbhe, Bishop Gilliam got killed by a mind-controlled royal army soldier. (feels good) Macha is the one who caused the royal army soldiers to go berserk. Some of the royal army soldiers that got mind-controlled started to attack the Pontiff's Court. Chaos ensued and both sides didn't understand what was going on. They both assumed that the opposing side is corrupt. The Royal Army's King Ronaun believed that the Pontiff's Court attacked them because they had found the remnant of the goddess and wished to take it from them. The Pontiff's Court believed that the Royal Army were heretics and so they decided to purge them of their sins.
    Now back to the Player who in Donegal. The hero sword Fragarach summon a new Remnant of the Goddess. Brynn decides to use it to summon Morrighan., but instead of summoning Morrighan, the Player and Brynn were reversed summoned to an area where Aes Sidhe resides. You defeated Aes Sidhe, the Spear wielding, Sylas spinning, laser shooting, Braha summoning, Titan growing, gate walking, teleporting, ball hugging Badass. Who’s also the god’s gatekeeper. Also, Morrighan appeared before the Player after defeating Aes Sidhe, telling them that Destiny is absolute and cannot be changed. Also, Morrighan Blessed the Hero Sword. Also, Ceara is gone. Also, someone stole the other Remnant of the goddess and used it to mind control humans to attack the people. Also, Brynn is now sad that Tieve is truly no more. Poor Brynn.

Extra Episode: Arcana [WIP]
    Let see here, The Remnant of the goddess is stolen and Riordan is mad. Ceara is missing, Merrec is mad. The Player tells him to calm down, Merrec is sad. Ceara was witness going north. Merrec is glad. Merrec rush towards the north and the player tries to catch up to him, ironclad. The player found Merrec on the floor near death. Merrec wants the player to find Ceara he said. But the player took him to to his bed. Lord Ronaun calls for an assembly at the town square. He tells the people that the reason the Pontiff's Court army attack the royal army is that the royal army found proof that the Goddess exists. The Pontiff's Court destroyed evidence of that. Brynn found a magic gem that can reverse the flow of magic. This gem was the reason why the player and Brynn were summoned to the area where Aes Sidhe resides. This gem came from the magician of the Pontiff's Court named Enok. The gem also holds a signature of Macha and Jardin. It is shown that Enok is working for Macha who is currently controlling Ceara. The player searches for clues of Jardin. Culann explains that Jardin is the name of a Volcano. The player reached a steampunk-like castle. They fight the mad spirit Arcana Nier style. The Macha controlled Ceara pops out from the fog to tell the player that she was the one who gifted them the hero sword fragment to summon Morrighan. Then she scurries off. The player finds Arcana's Spirit Erg. (now I need to do this battle 5 more times before completing this.)

Season 3 chapter 3

Episode 1: Forgotten Fortress [also a WIP]
    You and the reluctant townspeople head north towards Aiden with the royal army to find a tower to summon the goddess Morrighan. At the same time, the Pontiff's Court in pursing the Royal Army to purge them of the sins they have committed. You find some secrets that tell of the existence of two worlds. The world of paradise and the world of Eweca ( +cry I'm having trouble making a good summary of this. Please help me)
    *Redeemer Balor Side story
    Having trouble making a summary of this, if someone can help me understand what happened that would be awesome cause all I really know is the dude is angry and wants to destroy the world we live in cause he was imprison on Eweca. The seal on Eweca is weakening since we haven't completed the seal on Elchulus.

Episode 2: End of the Hero's Path
    The pontiff court caught up to the royal army and ambush them at night. You fight the inquisitor Clair and win as well as sparing her life. As the battle rages on, countless death befell both the royal army and the townspeople. Macklin, a homie died from a vicious poison which led you the Player feeling once again powerless. You alone walk along the blood trodding path towards the Central campsite of the Pontiff's Court. You summon Morrighan out in the open where everyone can see hoping you can end this grim battlefield. All bowed before her and asked her question, but was ignored entirely. Chicol and Macha also appeared to help teleport you to the glass tower where Elchulus is being imprisoned. You help the gods seal Elchulus into a container which is incomplete until Chicol and you reach Heide. Macha takes the container from you to cause the apocalypse. If Elchulus is not completely sealed, Eweca will appear and so will the gods that were sealed on Eweca. The gods are hungry for vengeance against the world of paradise that forced them into confinement. You try to stop Macha but failed to do so. And so, the war between gods will now begin.

Season 3 Epilogue

Episode 1: Where Paradise Lies

Claire wishing to ask the player who they are and what motivates them to do what they do travel to the glass tower only to find the player on the ground injured and Ceara unconscious. Claire carries them both down from the glass tower and encountered Brynn, Muir, and Merrec. Both sides ready to battle, but were stopped by the player. Claire wishing to know the truth ask the player what drives them to fights. The player and the crew told Claire what had transpired.

Seanna conveys what Nuadha told her to the group. That the human and fomor army must work together with another Hero to fight against Balor’s forces. They headed over to the Pontiff’s Court with Claire to convince the other soldiers to help them in their cause, but soon they will find their effort wasted as all that was there were countless dead bodies. The cause? The Pontiff Laurys felt betrayed by the people who followed him as they started to question the prophecy and question the integrity of the Pontiff. The people who used to follow the Pontiff started to look towards the Ronaun the lord of Rocheste for guidance. Laurys used the fomor controlling magic on Agares, a human hunter capable of destroying armies and killed Ronaun. Little did he know that he was about to face a Hero that is capable of defeating gods. Laurys fled when the player defeated Agares. Good news though, Agares survived and killed Laurys. WWE Agares went back to his grave and slumber for eternity. You were magnificent Agares…

Claire wishing to atone for what she did in the name of the Goddess and for the Pontiff’s Court decided to take responsibility by fighting alongside you, the player.

It ends with a scene with Milo and Iset meeting Macha. Macha tells Milo that with the Elchulus seal stone in her hand that she can revive Milo’s sister Allysse, but for a cost…

Episode 2: Brilliant Lugh

You and the crew head over to Berbhe to see if the townspeople went back home since you didn’t find them at the campsite. You find them finishing up the ceremony for Macklin’s grave. You tell them what is to come, but they didn’t receive it well. You encounter Lugh and Riordan in town. Riordan regrets his actions and decided to help you in your endeavor. Lugh explains the relationship between heroes and gods and why he didn’t die. People who don’t die are gods. Lugh being a former hero tells you that heroes and gods are one and the same. That in time, heroes can become gods. He battles you to showcase his power as Palala, the god of light, the original Paladin. The fight ends in a draw with both of you out of breath. The crew asks Lugh to join us in this war, but he refuses as he desires a different path than the one we tread. You head back to Berbhe to pack your things to leave to Rocheste. You promised to Gertrude that you would deliver a letter to Jornin’s sister Dianann to help Gertrude make the town known and open to humans.

VelisiriaMiraak[GM] ViewtyGhengisJohnPiracyTennot
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited December 4, 2018

Keeping this reserve in case I end up writing too much about season 3

+pain there's more story coming and all of my latest summaries are still works in progress!
    +cry I still haven't finished with Arcana's story on any of my characters...
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    You mention that for S2 time was reset in hopes that our actions would somehow alter destiny. However, who reset time? It cannot be Elchulus. I am lead to believe that it was Cichol who reset time because he had in possession an Elchulus Feather (reference S3 Ch1Ep4 cut-scene) that allows him to control time and bring back those that died. Humanity resides within him because he would do anything to get Tieve back; he would offer up his own life to become the seal for Elchulus. He doesn't care what happens to himself as long as Tieve lives. It is true love.

We may have thwarted destiny in S2, but at what cost? Erinn's descent has become unstable and time itself has began to warp. What if what we thought we were doing for the good of thwarting destiny was actually bad and made matters worse? By changing destiny, we caused Erinn's descent to become unstable and for time to warp. That is on us. What would have happened if we never interfered with altering destiny in S2? Would the situation be slightly better or even worse?
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited January 7, 2017
    @queenofmana
    at this point its mainly theories as the developer's didn't elaborate on how or who did the reset. I believe it is Elchulus as he was still the god of time. he didn't die since we saw him fly away. he reset time to cancel what we and keaghan did in season 1. However, as stated in the summary, it did not matter since destiny did not change except for one thing. We didn't STOP Keaghan in season 2. That is probably why he has the feather of Elchulus to turn back time.

As for season two and killing chromm, you may have a point. chromm is the god of death, watching over the people who is in stasis in erinn. he also could have been a sort of gatekeeper since the area we killed him at was the entry way to erinn or the formors(could be wrong need to re read some stuff) that is the reason for why ben chenner exist. With Keaghan being new to godhood he may not know how to safely control time, just reseting time as he please to save tieve.
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    The newest chapter of season kinda gives the allusion of real life Christianity taking over Ireland myth with these white robed cardinal worshiping another god.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    @BoatGod Didn't Verafim take over Elchulus's mind at the end of season one's storyline? When we think about it, Seeing Elchulus flying off is actually Verafim using Elchulus as a husk to do his bidding. Heck, we even hear his voice in the ending stating "the prophecy has been fulfilled" and laughing before flying off, meaning he successfully took over the Fomorian God of time as his the vessel to his soul. As to how Verafim did such a thing, we may never know. Maybe Keaghan and Tieve were destined to be reincarnated/possessed into their respective gods, Chicol and Morrigan no matter how hard they tried to alter their fate, and Verafim Escalating to the level of God by Taking over Elchulus's mind. While Elchulus may be a god, He is still a fomor and can still be subjected to being possessed with fomorian domination magic like all fomors are subjected too, which may have been foreshadowed when we fought controlled black hammer being controlled by some form of magic, as an incomplete form of making them a mindless zombie as one takes over their body to do their bidding. He even started the events of the game using the same magic to control The spider guardian of Colhen, Wenshardt. Kind of my speculation towards this confusing story. +dizzy
  • BladehawkBladehawk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,145
    Thank you! Now I can spam click through quest dialogue on my alts without guilt.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Really never thought that Verafim took over Elchulus. He seemed to have died and been content doing so to make the prophecy happen.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Thanks I was looking for this the other day +best
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    edited January 7, 2017
    @ikarsu I guess thats another way to see it, but I do see it hard to believe that Elchulus was being controlled by a dead lizard. I had assume the lizard was still alive up until he said that line to add dramatic effects. With that said, in the Korean version what Verafim said instead was "fool, to shed human skin is to break the seal of the gods"
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    @BoatGod Elchulus may be a god, but Gods are not completely immune to magic, incantations, and can sometimes be taken over if the new vessel is strong enough, whether it is desires or goals in mind. The lizardmen are technically NOT classified as members of the Fomorian army, and thus have no "God" of their own to Worship. After Iset's Kingdom withered away for reasons unknown, some lizardmen resided in the Rocheste Sewers as their home, but others have left for parts unknown, except for one lizardmen that served as an assistant to Enzo's magic shack after the player breaks him from Malina's Prison. When you pay attention to the conversation between Gilliam and Verafim, Verafim states that he wants to eliminate all fomors, including their gods, Elchulus and Chicol. Plus, I found this quote from verafim:

" On the day Erinn returns, we will wipe out the Fomors and steal their god!"

His intentions were to take over Elchulus's body and use said body to eradicate all the fomors.

• BoatGodBoatGod
    edited January 7, 2017
    @ikarsu I do think Verafim is controlling someone now though; Keaghan. Since he did eat the heart of Verafim, if we are to believe his quote
  • BirdSpiritBirdSpirit
    Vindictus Rep: 915
    This is great! If you don't mind, can you summarize Season 3 so far too? I want to know the story but I can't play it cuz it's unsoloable.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    @birdspirit of course but will take a while since I'm currently re reading season 3 story and trying to make it as concise as possible.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited January 7, 2017
    @BoatGod There are "two" fomorian gods, Elchulus, the Fomorian God of time, and Chicol, whom is the direct counterpart to the human prophecy's God, Morrigan, whom is expanded upon as we reach Berbhe's Storyline.

If you want more information, there's a quest line in the Royal Army books that describes Elchulus's backstory.

"The Fomors were mighty and powerful while the humans were weak.

And, unlike the humans, the Fomors, had a god to watch over them.

That god was Elchulus, ruler of the Fomors."

Elchulus became weaker from Morrigan's Seal. IF he were to be in his prime again as he was in the past, then Verafim would have a harder time trying to take over Elchulus's body.

In Verafim's Eyes, Chicol is not classified as a Fomorian god, and thus may have been overlooked as his prime goal was to possess Elchulus and use his body to wipe out the fomors, bringing the ultimate betrayal to the Fomorian prophecy.

There is debate on whether or not Chicol is officially a Fomorian God by the KR community, and is only a theory until there is more story progression that flashes light to Chicol's mysterious affiliation to the role of reaching Erinn.

Until we hear developer commentary for the respective endings of each season, then we will never get the true answer over whom got possessed by verafim.