[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Pushing the Sylas meta

OkatsuOkatsu
Vindictus Rep: 1,665
edited December 26, 2016 in Sylas
I found an exploit. It's pretty substantial.
Don't mind the sub par play. This is what you should be aiming to do. Practice this, not timing for useless 3rd hit spirit rend.
The small revamp accidentally added something that actually makes him stronger.
This isn't a solo don't look at it as one.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EUsd_H9Cx1U

Comments

• BontakunBontakun
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    if your talking about using the roar repeatedly with no cooldown. This glitch was in the game before his revamp. Also It doesnt lock on the boss instead it strikes roughly where cyclone saw ends.
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    6:12 is one of many examples why the extra frame of the 4th normal hit can make you loose a complete sequence...you had enogh time to Spirit Rend with the 3rd normal and release 5 shards with a Phantom Shooter

6:08 you turned away while doing the combo,so you end up gathering 5 shards

6:14 you gathered 2 shards,didn't release them,stepped back and gathered 5 shards again but with the 4th normal hit

6:57 you gather 3 shards dodge,release them and only one of them hits the boss for 1154 along with the phanotm shooter that did about 1532...you had all the time to 3rd hit Spirit Rend-Cyclone Edge-Dodge-Cyclone Crash...that's about 16-17k versus 1532+1154

I could go on and on,there is so many more examples...Also you have a +13,so probably 60 att speed+.Now imagine trying to spam Cyclone Saw over and over with 40 att speed and less.

Even if you where to come up with a polished solo displaying only Cyclone Saw combos,you'd still miss on opportunities in term of aggressivity.Sylas requires a balance between shards and smashes.If you only release shards,your dps will suffer,if you only smash without enough shards,the dps will suffer as well.

As for the exploit i didn't observe it,what where you reffering too?
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited December 26, 2016
    "
    Bontakun
    Bontakun said:

if your talking about using the roar repeatedly with no cooldown. This glitch was in the game before his revamp. Also It doesnt lock on the boss instead it strikes roughly where cyclone saw ends.
    "

Where would it hit you don't use cyclone saw? Or do you just mean it instead hits in a straight line ahead of you about the full distance cyclone saw travels. I have yet to miss the attack when using this.

"
    Tradespot
    Tradespot said:

6:12 is one of many examples why the extra frame of the 4th normal hit can make you loose a complete sequence...you had enogh time to Spirit Rend with the 3rd normal and release 5 shards with a Phantom Shooter

6:08 you turned away while doing the combo,so you end up gathering 5 shards

6:14 you gathered 2 shards,didn't release them,stepped back and gathered 5 shards again but with the 4th normal hit

6:57 you gather 3 shards dodge,release them and only one of them hits the boss for 1154 along with the phanotm shooter that did about 1532...you had all the time to 3rd hit Spirit Rend-Cyclone Edge-Dodge-Cyclone Crash...that's about 16-17k versus 1532+1154

I could go on and on,there is so many more examples...Also you have a +13,so probably 60 att speed+.Now imagine trying to spam Cyclone Saw over and over with 40 att speed and less.

Even if you where to come up with a polished solo displaying only Cyclone Saw combos,you'd still miss on opportunities in term of aggressivity.Sylas requires a balance between shards and smashes.If you only release shards,your dps will suffer,if you only smash without enough shards,the dps will suffer as well.

As for the exploit i didn't observe it,what where you reffering too?
    "

6:12 I get hit during the 3rd normal. If I were to have gone for spirit rend I would have been hit also.
    6:08 I turn away for better positioning still getting 5 shards and landing cyclone saw for more damage than a cyclone edge wouldve gotten me without the crash, and I wouldve been hit by a fire ball had I gone for crash
    6:14 I exceed my shard limit by 0-1 as opposed to +1-0 but still guaranteed to yield more damage simply cause cyclone saw is a better smash
    6:57 I do 3 normals and dodge as opposed to going for 3rd spirit rend and getting hit by a fireball, I release the shards and they miss when the boss runs away from me cause the shards are vectors and not trackers. Also focus on timing the exploit cause shard building duration is almost up.

Also the exploit is using the attack on extinction roar without activating its cooldown.
    Broken forums with no quote boxes are nice
  • TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I see,i used Extinction Roar without the cooldown a couple times,but never bothered with it again.It relies on lag and it's not an official feature.It also as a tendancy to miss completly when using it.Even if poeple would come to a point where they can use it over and over wich is not displayed there,it would only end up getting fixed.

For the rest,the shards don't track the bosses as you said,that's why it's better to release them as close as you can for the most part.I would of definitely have the time to Cyclone Edge at 6:57 and i have less speed,the ball literally land 1 sec after you did the 3rd normal hit and also you picked 6 shards after previously getting 2 shards just before that when the maximum of shards to be collected is 6,not 8.If at 6:54 you completed an attack with Cyclone Crash instead of everflowing your maximum shards you would of end up getting enough time to complete an attack before he ran away.6:14 i meant that a 3rd Spirit Rend would of gathered you 5 shards that you could of release and than you would of been in perfect position to do the same combo that you did without waisting shards.

You can play as you want of course,but these are facts.If you dont see them there is really nothing more i can add,but you definitely loose in term of aggresiveness because you don't release all the potential attacks that you can by spamming Saw that's for sure.Cyclone Saw by itself is actully pretty weak especially if you dont land all the hits and it does'n't fit everywhere.If you can land it all safely and efficiently,yes it's the best choice.All the little sequences in between where the wrong choice is made makes a differance if you want to play competively on Sylas.You still can do well regardless but it will put you behind some other classes in non-static boss scenarios for sure.