[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Farming R9/R8/R7 Enchant Scrolls

OTK07OTK07
Vindictus Rep: 945
in General Discussion
Would You Rather
  1. Would You Rather ..28 votes
    1. Do 30 Different Raids A Day
       68% (19 votes)
    2. Farm/Run The Same Place 30-50 Times Over and Over Again
       32% (9 votes)

Comments

• TradespotTradespot
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    I do the raids for the ap and seals,if i get a scroll in the process well good.

But as for farming i do :

-Muir twice on every character(8),gives me around 30-40 paradise stones/day

-For when i feel like farming i do Dedicuous Forest.In solo mode, you get all the Godly Iron ores to yourself,there is one tree and you can get occasionally an orange drop.Even without an Orange drop,you still can get 10% damage stones and other decent awakening materials.There is also the Heavenly leathers,Godly Cloths and Paradise Stones in this map.I would say some runs can drop you over 2M worth of stuff while others won't give much,but in average it respects a decent 500k/run ratio wich is good on the long run.That's basically about 5M after 10 runs.It can be below the average on some phases but it also can be well over it.

I use Vip and Cadet Badge for extra drops.

Getting a scroll in raids is profitable,but in general the income is less constant and a lot more random.Dedicuous gives me a minimum of 10M/day depending on how long i play and Muir about 9M as well.

Dedicuous won't give you seals or much AP thoe.I basically go for what's conveniant and fun.If a day i don't want to deal with seal farming and party boat loading/lag ect,i solo farm maps and some raids.If i don't feel like farming maps than i raid.Sometime i do both.
  • EninyaEninya
    Vindictus Rep: 870
    I'd like there to be some kind of snowballing bad luck feature, where your chances of getting a particular rare drop increases the more times you run something. Say you can't seem to get an Enthusiastic, but by run 25 your chances are pretty realistic. And this remains in case you change raids/missions to run with friends or take a break, etc.

I'll never forget running hero Larken 51 times to see a Maelstrom drop, then 2 more in the next four runsm and myself never getting one with a +10 luck badge the entire time.
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    I don't really farm. I run s2/s3 daillies and miur/succy.
    Then, I will just farm the titles I needed. Sometimes, I did find some rare drop when I was farming titles.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    To answer the poll, doing the same boss over and over gets old FAST. I farmed s2 raids on my 2 mains everyday and it really started feeling like a chore. When ES event hit and I was farming the roch and colhen raids it got really tiring and I started missing s2 but knew that would cut into my coin farming efficiency if I went over there looking for boats. You just need to know what's good for you and find your happy place. :)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    When you need god cloths and heaven leathers like no tomorrow, sometimes you have to make sacrifices and grind the same area over and over again. Sure, it's BORING, but at the end of the day, relying on the market alone will just make you broke.
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    edited December 26, 2016
    As far as time efficiency, currently Rocheste at Sea ( for stones), Orders from above (S3 upgrade materials), two moons (magic stuff), Fomorian Leader (Fast seal(s)), Abyss Arena ( AP). Although now that lvl 95 gear is confirmed different upgrade materials some of these will/are no longer applicable.

These time efficient farms are more reliable at making money with which you then Purchase the Scrolls you want. Farming scrolls directly relies entirely on RNG, which is usually not a good idea unless the market is complete trash.

EDIT: as an aside, I neglected to mention Ein Lacher. Doing the Ein Lacher S2/S3 battles will now drop rank7 scrolls, and since you are doing these solo, your chance is better at getting a scroll. Assuming you have a well geared character, I would say farming Ein Lacher might be more effective then raiding if you want scrolls
    p.s. I got a Reinforced ES drop yesterday from Ulchas in Ein Lacher so can confirm the S3 raids dropping r7 scrolls in Ein Lacher is a yes