[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

FYI Patching has begun

NecrochildNecrochild
Vindictus Rep: 3,325
edited November 23, 2016 in General Discussion
Check your Nexon Lawnchair: 3.59 GB update boyos.

Aqua22

Comments

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    I like how that sales display eats up all the space in that very tiny break room.
  • quietguyquietguy
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    edited November 23, 2016
    ^Break Natzi : NO BREAK FOR YOU!

(spelled in a new fashion because apparently Nexon NA wants to censor history)
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Vindictus Rep: 16,875
    photo tumblr_m8d5u3TjWY1r2pvg2o1_500_zpsrbao49is.gif

#Today's surprise, we have many events and want to play and surprise the update weighs 4GB.

• AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    3gb lol try downloading black desert online lmao. But seriously i know those feels image
    AndromedaGM
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    Abyssofthor

3gb lol try downloading black desert online lmao. But seriously i know those feels image
    photo tumblr_nh0vopm8mx1s4qvrdo1_500_zpsov4os9yd.gif

#Yes, there are many emotions with this update , but worth it for to play with the new content, to be with the friends, to improve our equipment and have fun that is the main, greetings :)
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    tfw you have to make a special trip to some place with decent wifi just to update vindi cuz shitcast craps out after 5 seconds of high bandwidth download

such is life in united states of (((capitalism)))
    AndromedaGMDokkun
  • AndromedaGMAndromedaGM
    edited November 23, 2016
    2edgy4u
    2edgy4u said:

tfw you have to make a special trip to some place with decent wifi just to update vindi cuz shitcast craps out after 5 seconds of high bandwidth download

such is life in united states of (((capitalism)))
    photo tumblr_inline_nzpqs4zf2d1te5wx5_500_zpsjgb2shqu.gif

I understand .
    I consider that the game has to be balanced, more that we will have server migration next year, mainly the optimization it is vital to exploit more the graphics, gameplay and service capabilities. Personally, I play with an Alien PC since half a year ago and still I can not take advantage of all the benefits of the graphic, in relation to performance .

For now to cancel more applications that consume resources and try this new update and events that look promising, greetings.

PS: Thank you for voting and sharing your opinion :)
  • MyKaiMyKai
    Vindictus Rep: 405
    Man...games are so large files nowadays.
    For my game development class, we play older games (quizzes and to learn design) on the SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, which are usually <1 MB file size, and some Indie games which are <250 MB. The size of games of present just seem to keep increasing and increasing, if I didn't have 4 storage devices on my tower PC I would of ran out of room so quickly lol.
    On another note,
    I do feel that Vindictus needs a game engine and server architecture overhaul to improve performance. As a project manager, full stack developer, and game designer I have other critiques, but the game developers at DevCat really needs to focus first on a solid more modern engine to at least utilize more CPU threads. The server architecture needs a restructuring if server lag is so frequent.
    I know these 2 challenges have been mostly put off since the difficulty is quite high and a lot of time and resources would be placed in to just do these 2 optimizations. But it's something that needs to be done to keep the lifespan of the game to continue longer as well as keeping the current players happy.
    Dokkun
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    MyKai
    MyKai said:

Man...games are so large files nowadays.
    For my game development class, we play older games (quizzes and to learn design) on the SNES, NES, Sega Genesis, which are usually <1 MB file size, and some Indie games which are <250 MB. The size of games of present just seem to keep increasing and increasing, if I didn't have 4 storage devices on my tower PC I would of ran out of room so quickly lol.
    On another note,
    I do feel that Vindictus needs a game engine and server architecture overhaul to improve performance. As a project manager, full stack developer, and game designer I have other critiques, but the game developers at DevCat really needs to focus first on a solid more modern engine to at least utilize more CPU threads. The server architecture needs a restructuring if server lag is so frequent.
    I know these 2 challenges have been mostly put off since the difficulty is quite high and a lot of time and resources would be placed in to just do these 2 optimizations. But it's something that needs to be done to keep the lifespan of the game to continue longer as well as keeping the current players happy. </p>
    You know that lag is bad when you are lagging in solo run on s1 would good ISP and decent PC.