[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New level 90 character goal rewards

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Future Content
I remember reading that it was going to be full +10 OJ gear, apparently that's wrong. My friend who can read korean says that its +10, but the essence is purple. The idea seems to be that you have to upgrade the essence to OJ to be able to use r7 enchants/go beyond +10, which causes the enhancement to reset, which means buying runes to +10 it again.

The director is really desperate to sell runes it seems.

Also, anyone who has claimed the current level 90 character goal reward will apparently get a mail after the patch giving you a choice of either the free +10 gear or 10 seals of bravery.

Comments

• GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Welp, they are un-enhanceable so makes sense that it's actually purple shards. (that's where the "unenhanceable" part comes in)
    I'm fine with both anyway.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Question2 wrote: »
    Also, anyone who has claimed the current level 90 character goal reward will apparently get a mail after the patch giving you a choice of either the free +10 gear or 10 seals of bravery.

YASSSS. My six lv90 alts do appreciate.
  • Question2Question2
    Welp, they are un-enhanceable so makes sense that it's actually purple shards. (that's where the "unenhanceable" part comes in)

The shards will be OJ apparently. Just the essence will be purple.
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    I mean the buff from +10 armor will be more than enough, chances are you'd only waste your time enhancing 95 armor to +10 and beyond by yourself for it to be worth it.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590

That wasn't the result I got ingame actually. They were all purple shards and essences. I can doublecheck after maintenance ends though. That ends around 11PM Eastern (12PM KST)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

That isn't exactly the main reason but definitely one of the major reasons. The gear it Permabound I'm pretty sure. I can doublecheck this too with some screenshots for each party.
  • Question2Question2

That wasn't the result I got ingame actually. They were all purple shards and essences. I can doublecheck after maintenance ends though. That ends around 11PM Eastern (12PM KST)

Oh, maybe my friend got it wrong. Pretty dissapointing if its all purple then, due to the retarded replacement cost. Newbies are going to find it much harder to farm seals because s1/s2 raids are being removed....
  • KarijunaKarijuna
    Vindictus Rep: 2,675
    Though with full purple armor and weapon people will easily be able to do S3 dungeons and raids to gather the stuff needed to make better equipment, so I think that's totally fair, especially with the elevated orange drop chance.
    I'm just glad that I don't need to buy equipment for my alts now :p
  • Question2Question2
    Karijuna wrote: »
    Though with full purple armor and weapon people will easily be able to do S3 dungeons and raids to gather the stuff needed to make better equipment, so I think that's totally fair, especially with the elevated orange drop chance.

I wouldnt be so sure of that. Ive seen newbies in the +9 event gear (18-19k attack) ragequit because they thought that doing s1 raids to get 350 seals for an OJ weapon "takes too long". There's probably going to be a lot more of them quitting if they can only get a few seals from s3 raids where they average less than 10% damage because they spend most of the raid dead.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Karijuna wrote: »

I wouldnt be so sure of that. Ive seen newbies in the +9 event gear (18-19k attack) ragequit because they thought that doing s1 raids to get 350 seals for an OJ weapon "takes too long". There's probably going to be a lot more of them quitting if they can only get a few seals from s3 raids where they average less than 10% damage because they spend most of the raid dead.

I do have to agree with this statement ^ Granted the normal S3 dungeons are a lot easier however S3 raids are officially lvl 90 required and my Lynn is only lvl 85 and I hit S3 at lvl 82. Pretty big wall there.
  • Somebody16Somebody16
    Vindictus Rep: 320

Yeah, cam anyone confirm this? My Karok hit lvl 90 last week but I've yet to claim the lvl 90 reward because I've been holding off for +10 Rise gear. If we get the +10 gear whether we've claimed lvl 90 reward or not, I may as well just go ahead and claim the lvl 90 reward right now so I get 2 sets of gear.