[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

World Shameless Match (Rock, Paper, Scissors)

SirRFISirRFI
Vindictus Rep: 7,360
edited June 4, 2017 in General Discussion
Upon completing a battle, You will receive either Rock, Paper or Scissors item to play it with Gallagher. Once You speak to him, You have to guess what he will pick based on what he says, and pick proper item to counter him. You can win up to 10 times a day.

Game rules for those who don't know:
  • Rock > Scissors
  • Paper > Rock
  • Scissors > Paper
300px-Rock-paper-scissors.svg.png

Since his dialogues have fixed response (as in it's not RNG based) - I have prepared a list of them. The following are Gallagher's picks:
  • Rock (select Paper to win)
    • Fist!
    • Hey, who taught you how to throw a punch? Your dog? I'll show you the right way to do it. Jab, jab, hook!
    • I have a rock-solid game strategy. You'll never beat me!
    • I'm tougher than steel and ready to crush you!
    • One blow would be enough to crush your fragile bones!
  • Paper (select Scissors to win)
    • Check out how flat I can make my hand. It's really great for smacking losers in the face!
    • Get ready to clap your hands in amazement, because I'm about to win this competition!
    • I'm gonna crumple you up and toss you out, just like yesterday's garbage.
    • What would happen if I slapped your face really hard? How about we find out right now? Heehee!
    • Your game is so weak, I could blow it away in a single breath!
  • Scissors (select Rock to win)
    • I can deal more damage than a knife to the gut!
    • Stay sharp, or I'll beat you even faster than I already am!
    • This game will go as easy as a hot knife through butter.
    • What should I use...? Hmm... I do feel like doing a bit of slicing and dicing...
    • You'd better watch your back. My playing skills are as sharp as my wit!

Rewards for the event:
• 3 different kind of 30 minutes long boosts for 1st, 5th and 10th win of the day. They expire after 24 hours unused. (M)ATK/DEF/ATK SPD/CRIT is empowered.
• Two kind of coupons. One of them can be used in Exchange Shop.
• According to official notification on website - emblems with Gallagher You can preview in Emblem tab. They will be probably distributed based on amount of collected coupons of the other coupons.
2edgy4uHerucrossBoatGoddazedgumballScheherazadeTwilightSparkleLoLoBootyOrder5jjXAngelliicand 4 others.

Comments

• RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Paper (Select Scissors)

What would happen if i slapped your face really hard? How about we find out right now? Heehee!
    Get ready to clap your hands in amazement, Because i'm about to win this competition!

Scissors (Select Rock)

I can deal more damage than a knife to the gut!
    What should i use...? Hmmm... I do feel like doing a bit of slicing and dicing...
    Stay sharp. or i'll beat you faster than i already am!
    You'd better watch your back. My playing skills are as sharp as my wit!

Rock (Select Paper)

Fist!
    2edgy4u
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited May 31, 2017
    Can you only obtain the RPS tokens from 5 battles a day? i was farming The Five Spider Brothers for the tokens as its a token per boss and i noticed that after the 5th round i wasn't getting anything side from regular drops,

I switched battles and ran several others including dailies but i've gotten nothing so far

Nevermind. you can only have 5 of each token on you at a time
    LoLoBooty
  • RakushuRakushu
    Vindictus Rep: 2,125
    Is there a title for attempting this event?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited June 2, 2017
    Rakushu wrote: »
    Is there a title for attempting this event?
    Unsure, but I think not. There are 3 emblems though, which according to the announcement will be provided based on amount of wins.

The other event has a title.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    edited June 2, 2017
    nvm ...

I re-read the 1st post.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited June 3, 2017
    Can you only obtain the RPS tokens from 5 battles a day? i was farming The Five Spider Brothers for the tokens as its a token per boss and i noticed that after the 5th round i wasn't getting anything side from regular drops,

I switched battles and ran several others including dailies but i've gotten nothing so far

Nevermind. you can only have 5 of each token on you at a time

This is wrong. I have over 5 of each in my inventory.
    It seems like you can only obtain 5 of each kind each day though.
    My runs today went like this:
    scissors 3 2 0 0 0 0
    rock 2 1 1 1 0 0
    paper 0 2 2 0 1 0
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    edited June 3, 2017
    Anyone else kind of annoyed that to get all 3 emblems you need to do this for 20 days for an event that effectively lasts 20 days? Seems a bit unforgiving for anyone that doesn't 'check the news' every single day for new events...to me anyway.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    edited June 3, 2017
    boddole wrote: »
    Anyone else kind of annoyed that to get all 3 emblems (presumably rock/paper/scissors) you need to do this for 20 days for an event that effectively lasts 20 days? Seems a bit unforgiving for anyone that doesn't 'check the news' every single day for new events...to me anyway.

Sure, it's unforgiving, but the people with the #1 gold emblem will feel "special". 72SxzZv.png
  • boddoleboddole
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    I guess...I'm still grumpy about missing out on those Halloween Icons from years and years ago.

By the way, what does this event have to do with the 'world' and what about it makes it 'shameless'? Is playing RPS shameful in Korea?
  • chicanechicane
    Vindictus Rep: 1,450
    Nobody else seems to have this problem? I posted in bug report after checking forum posts - http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/5638/cant-play?new=1
  • AibouAibou
    Vindictus Rep: 835
    Anyone else kind of annoyed that to get all 3 emblems you need to do this for 20 days for an event that effectively lasts 20 days? Seems a bit unforgiving for anyone that doesn't 'check the news' every single day for new events...to me anyway.

It's even more than 20 days due the fact that you'll only get 7 vouchers by winning 10 times cause 1st, 5th and 10th won't give you boxes.
    So you'll have to do it a whole month (~30x7=210), for a useless emblem and more useless free stuff, no thanks.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    edited June 6, 2017
    Aibou wrote: »

It's even more than 20 days due the fact that you'll only get 7 vouchers by winning 10 times cause 1st, 5th and 10th won't give you boxes.
    So you'll have to do it a whole month (~30x7=210), for a useless emblem and more useless free stuff, no thanks.

1st, 5th & 10th win boxes also drop the same 2 tokens as the other wins.

I'm getting 10 + 10 tokens a day from my 10 wins.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    The 3 different Winner's High buffs do not stack on each other, and they don't seem to expire if you keep them in their boxes. This implies that they can be used long after the event for whatever purposes you come across (like making an attack speed video).
  • TracieTracie
    Vindictus Rep: 1,090
    edited June 7, 2017
    bumps - cuz I can +best

EDIT: Tyvm for creating this - its epic!
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Two days ago got the first (bronze) emblem by the way.

Please also take a look at http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4439/tir-coin-cash-goodies-for-everyone
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    edited June 8, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    Two days ago got the first (bronze) emblem by the way.

I missed two days, so I'm still two days away from bronze ... HXsuoE4.png

And I'll miss the gold emblem by 10 tokens. ohq83W0.png
  • RolandRoland
    Vindictus Rep: 1,715
    I just got the first bronze emblem after my 70th win. The game keeps track with the "useless" coupons that you are given, as it seems.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Roland wrote: »
    I just got the first bronze emblem after my 70th win. The game keeps track with the "useless" coupons that you are given, as it seems.
    I think I have got it before opening boxes, but yes - that would make sense.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    It seems that the left button is never the winner no matter what it is. They make it the middle or right button.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    It seems that the left button is never the winner no matter what it is. They make it the middle or right button.
    Left button is Scissors. I won about half of the rounds today with it, as I didn't have any Paper to begin with.