[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Some atempt to return, failed

EllaroseEllarose
Vindictus Rep: 100
in New Recruits
I quit this game a year and some ago cause my pc was crappy and it wasn't decently playable for me, came back now with a new pc and all that and i find disaster lol, wth happened?? i know i used to play in mouse mode and i could control my character pretty easily and with no real trouble except for lags but now... its just unplayable.
targeting is non existent camera control hangs and gets stuck all the time ,hell i can barely even move if i don't hold shift all the time even in boss fights? i looked every were and i couldn't find any walk/run toggle or any settings to improve my character control what so ever. Am i missing something or did the game get completely trashed in updates and its time to uninstall and forget this ever existed?

Comments

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Not to be rude but it sounds like your 'new' PC is not strong enough to run Vindictus and the other problems you mentioned seem like user error.

You can go into options and try turning graphics down to lowest and then adjust your controls to suit your play style.
  • FrosslassFrosslass
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    This game plays the same as i remember it, my computer runs it fine, the controls are fine so i dont understand your issue at all, i would suggest turning your graphics down a little or something but this game is near lagless for me
  • ZukiChanZukiChan
    Sounds like your DL either messed up or you're getting errors. Try uninstalling and download again and see if that works itself out. If not then it's probably your PC. What ya got under the hood of your pc? I'm running duel 1080 TI's and everything is lagless and 4k delicious lol.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    ZukiChan wrote: »
    Sounds like your DL either messed up or you're getting errors. Try uninstalling and download again and see if that works itself out. If not then it's probably your PC. What ya got under the hood of your pc? I'm running duel 1080 TI's and everything is lagless and 4k delicious lol.
    The game barely uses GPU and VRAM, so GTX 1080 Ti is overkill, yet alone two of them.

It's hard to determine the reason of your issues, but I suggest trying to reduce all graphic settings and recheck settings in Controls→Advanced Settings first. If You are EU player - the game is now running on Premiere version instead of XE, so running/walking and sprinting are two separate things.
    If You are running on Win10 - turn off "DVR" or w/e it's called, which may cost performance due to background recording. You might as well post your rid (hardware pieces). CPU is most important for Vindictus, especially strong cores.
  • CherishedCherished
    Vindictus Rep: 875
    I'm not sure about your control issues, but you may be able to solve the targeting/camera issues by going into Options > Controls > Advanced Settings, and on the right uncheck all boxes under "Camera" and "Controls." Some of these like "Auto-lock on bosses" can cripple your mobility!
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Turn off your UI and it will run smooth as silk.
  • EllaroseEllarose
    edited June 6, 2017
    The one and only issue that bothered me is not lag, its the fact that i cannot control the camera almost at all in combat, i tried with and without the auto lock and had no change, when i enter a "dungeon" i can somewhat control the direction with the mouse even though the character just slowly follows the camera direction but as soon as an enemy appears my mouse movements do nothing what so ever. i can move with w a s d , i can press mouse buttons to attack but i can't turn at all, in town it works just fine
    My pc is just fine if i can raid in tera at full graphics so its pointless to go into details ( and i highly doubt vindictus is more of a beast then tera on graphics )
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited June 6, 2017
    There is one very simple reason (besides hardware failure) for vindi running like crap on a modern PC.

Processor/GPU downclocking.

Both Nvidia/AMD GPUs have power saving modes where it will downclock itself to save power if the driver thinks the application is not intensive enough to need the card running at full speed. Of course, the driver often make fails to make the correct decision. For example, my card on adaptive power mode will downclock itself to about 25% of it's max speed, which makes Vindi near unplayable FPS wise.

You can easily see if the GPU is downclocking itself by running vindi in full screen res and checking with a program like GPU-Z (sensor tab). I have had several friends who had FPS issues precisely because their GPU was downclocking.

Nvidia users can set the card to run at "maximum performance" in nvidia control panel, but i dont know how the AMD equivalent works and nobody i tried asking seems to have any clue either.

For the processor, make sure the processor is set to run at full speed in control panel-> power options. You should not set the intel integrated GPU to run at full speed....doing so might make your processor run a lot hotter when web browsing (as that often uses the integrated GPU) and will not improve performance at all since the game should be using your actual GPU, instead of your integrated card.
    clickhere
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited June 7, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Nvidia users can set the card to run at "maximum performance" in nvidia control panel, but i dont know how the AMD equivalent works and nobody i tried asking seems to have any clue either.

Did a quick google search and found this for AMD users. Haven't tried it myself but I'll give it a whirl and report back if there's a notable increase in my Radeon 6950's performance.

EDIT: Didn't see a real increase in fps, but I did notice that frame dips were a lot less frequent. Then again, my gpu is from 2010. Maybe people with more current AMD cards will see a better improvement.