[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Best item to fuse to?

LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
Vindictus Rep: 5,275
edited May 21, 2017 in General Discussion
When fusing an item for sale...is there a preferred item to fuse it to?

Level 1 item for max compatibility?
Shortest item name for mega purposes?
Level 90 item for functional stats as well as fashion?
Some other item to keep repair costs in check but still use as a "backup set"?
Whatever the hell I have in my inventory?

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited May 21, 2017
    You arent supposed to fuse an item before selling it, since the reason why people fuse it is to get the appearance they want. Unless you KNOW that the buyer wants the appearance of a certain item and is willing to pay extra for it, you shouldn't be fusing to sell.

Edit : Fusing will also make the item bind, which is bad if you are trying to sell it.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    If you mean items like ghost armor , phoenix wings , backward hats or others then its the best to fuse them with lvl 1 items so everyone can buy it .
    DownIoadAyPool
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    @question2...some items have to be fused in order to make them market ready.
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited May 22, 2017
    Madcobra wrote: »
    If you mean items like ghost armor , phoenix wings , backward hats or others then its the best to fuse them with lvl 1 items so everyone can buy it .

This...
    Don't forget to have some spare unbinds, if you don't have premium fusion.
  • Question2Question2
    jeddyhi wrote: »

Are you referring to stuff like toy weapons or other event gear that are bound but can be fused then unbound?
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Question2 wrote: »

Are you referring to stuff like toy weapons or other event gear that are bound but can be fused then unbound?

There is many items like that , for example shining halos , bacwards hats etc , those are always bounded so need to be fused to sell
  • Question2Question2

There is many items like that , for example shining halos , bacwards hats etc , those are always bounded so need to be fused to sell

Wouldnt you need to use a premium fusion rune in the first place since its bound? Doesn't seem worth it unless you have tons of free ones from events sitting around.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275

There isn't really much level 1 items you can use to fuse to though. You can get a crimson blade tunic or helm (all chars), or crimson blade skirt/pants (gender specific). And I don't think there is any fuseable level 1 weapon. Ironically most level 1 items are tradeable vanity items. Realistically your talking about level 2 - 10 items.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    edited May 22, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »

There isn't really much level 1 items you can use to fuse to though. You can get a crimson blade tunic or helm (all chars), or crimson blade skirt/pants (gender specific). And I don't think there is any fuseable level 1 weapon. Ironically most level 1 items are tradeable vanity items. Realistically your talking about level 2 - 10 items.
    Does it matter ? Items between 2-10 are same as 1 if you dont have those . Its all about to fuse with item what can wear all classes . About unbinds and premium runes well its obvious and yes you have to count with that you will have to use them , but if someone fuse items for sale i dont think they are cheap and useless cause whats the point then . I had black phoenix wings on my perma bound + 11 tunic and by fuse them using premium rune and unbinds later with low lvl item for sale , plus making new +11 wearable scroled tunic and pay for it i still got my profit . So dont write about unbinds and runes Question2 cause everyone knows that they will have to use those and i doubt someone here talks about items like Cat above head to fuse for sale . So in one word fuse items for sale its about to fuse them with the most low lvl possible that can wear all classes not with 90 lvl items cause those have 4 types of armors and not everyone got 90 lvl and all skills maxed ( all armors )
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Wouldnt you need to use a premium fusion rune in the first place since its bound? Doesn't seem worth it unless you have tons of free ones from events sitting around.

No. These items are not technically bound. I have a spiky baseball cap that says "This Item cannot be traded". But I can fuse it to a cheap helmet and then it is tradeable. Same with Swirly event glasses. They are non tradable until fused to something that is tradable.