[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What characters have you quit and why?

maelturdmaelturd
Vindictus Rep: 1,100
in General Discussion
I'm wondering what characters you have spent a lot of time on, but ultimately abandoned?

Comments

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Lynn / Vella / Evie

Reason : Arisha <3 _ <3
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    Lann because Delia
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Hurk because I couldn't un-train Execute. I was perfectly fine with just shoulder-smashing things to death.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Evie + Sylas + Kai , got bored of playing range characters and wanted a melee so Hurk it is!
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Fiona, reason wasnt good for keyboard mode.
    But later after kai was released I started using mouse mode and gradually starting using fifi again.

Keyboard mode was hard to quit lol
    Xie
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Hammer Fiona, because Delia is the hammer revamp we've been waiting for.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475

Playing both atm and I have to greatly disagree lol

Quitted Lann and Sylas. For lann because of the stats gap is too high, gameplay isn't much rewarding and RNG based. For sylas I just got sick of him. Very lack of variety and basically just keep spamming same attack over and over again. He lacks interactive gameplay.
    arkaine757
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Samalenko wrote: »

Playing both atm and I have to greatly disagree lol

Quitted Lann and Sylas. For lann because of the stats gap is too high, gameplay isn't much rewarding and RNG based. For sylas I just got sick of him. Very lack of variety and basically just keep spamming same attack over and over again. He lacks interactive gameplay.

Ok. : )
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I've forsaken all for my one true love-- <3 Lynn <3
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    Lann
    Because Lynn is way more challenging.
    SaintGuinness
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Hurk because he was boring to play but I started a new one because his new gunsword looks fun and I will give it a try.
    I remade an Evie because I couldn't unlearn skills (even asked support to help but they cant).

Other than that, I keep all my alts now because they come in useful and of course regret nuking my hurk.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Hurk because even with a +14 he still needed way more speed since S3 wants to cheese you to death and get rid of actually being allowed to use his mechanics too often.

Vella and Fifi because I just have too many chars that I like to play and can't gear them all.

Karok, Evie, Ari, and Delia are on temporary hiatus.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    All my alts because it just makes no sense to gear up two seperate characters (which takes forever). Its not like you get a bonus or anything.

I dont even enjoy playing most of my alts because most of them need revamps.

In particular, the ones I dislike the most are probably :

Sword Fiona : slow and really weak combos (1st to 4th smashes), her only decent DPS options are counter attack + amaranth kick and focal point. Her niche (high KD) got more and more pointless as derpcat started adding more bosses immune to knockdowns or just making all bosses insanely hard to knockdown. I remember when we used to love bringing Fionas along to Ainle in beta because of her knock downs, and in s2 maps she was still decent, but she's just meh in s3 due to the insane knockdown resistance bosses have by that point.

Lynn : Don't like her timing for the golden dots, far too reliant on golden dots for damage and very poor DPS against trash mobs since you can't put dots on most of them. Used to have decent burst DPS due to her special SP skill at her release, but is meh now that other characters have gotten revamps and more burst DPS skills.

Sword Lann : No range, no mobility, terrible DPS even if stat capped, terrible animation frames that are very slow and awkard. Struggles to kill trash mobs without glides, glides have horrible recovery times to boot. Not even considered fast anymore when characters like sword vella and cestus karok are much faster and far less reliant on gear.

Hurk : Dodge -> smash spam gets really really old. Most of his SP skills are reliant on building up stacks to do damage, and he's one of the few characters lacking a decent burst damage skill (execution is meh). Very reliant on deflect to pull off high DPS, and s3 has far fewer deflect openings (not to mention, you cant deflect certain enemies).

Bow kai : Crossgun kai is just better in almost every way. Especially for killing trash mobs. Ricochet vs hollow shot is just no contest really, especially considering that the former needs SP.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    Quit Sylas, because I thought it was a female character.
    XieLuxx
  • SylariusSylarius
    Vindictus Rep: 1,010
    Quit Lann because he is extremely hard to get properly.

Then quit all the other characters because I don't want to gear anyone in this game.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    fiona because amrantha kick is not top dps
  • RuyasuRuyasu
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Kai > For me is really boring (just my opinion)
    Lann > Its cool but i still prefer my hurk :D
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    Everything but Kai and Arisha.

Why settle for anything less than perfection?
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Lann because after years of fighting , he can finally retire and enjoy the rest of his days in peace somewhere outside in the county side of Rocheste Region.
    His son took over in carying the war against the tyrany of Fomors.
    Yeah i like to roleplay that my Lann that i quit is the father of now my main char Sylas.
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    evie because can't staff with 2 bars
    cb/ts vella because boring
    sylas because can't stack up phantom force
    lynn because ferghus