[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gremlin event strategies

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
edited May 11, 2017 in General Discussion
While most characters have no issues doing the gremlin event, I found sword lann to be really handicapped due to how poor his mobility/range is. The speed buff also makes it hard to glide since the glide prompt dissapears very quickly. I think it might be easier to use spears for this. Anyone have any other tips?

P.S. Does anyone know if the items that can be traded via gremlin essences are 1 per account or character?

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited May 11, 2017
    yup spears are great. slashing high, spin2win.

assuming the store label is accurate, 1 per acct
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Honestly, this event is catering towards completing it as fast as possible to get 5 cores. Killing the stealth grems gives you a speed boost for 16 seconds. You use that speed to your advantage and make every second count.

I even went beyond the 5th level just from killing all the stealth grems in the dungeon.
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Memorize where the stealthy little gremlins spawn that's about all I can say.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 11, 2017
    Lann: Don't sword Lann. Spear Lann and Spin2Win. Use Fury Infusion to keep your stam up. Since there is almost no damage to be taken you don't have to worry about HP. Use Slashing High whenever it's up. With most of the mobs you'll build so much SP that you can go right back into SH on the next mob.
    • Sylas: Spacebar + Smash to jet around the map. Use Spectral Sting and Phantasmic Slash to clear everything in a hurry when mobs are grouped up.
    • Evie: Use Scythe, blink across areas where possible, use Void Star whenever you have mobs in order to pull them together and kill them quickly.
    • Kai: Go Xgun. The roll, Hollow Shot, and the ease of switching targets with regular bolts make it a no brainer over Bow.
    • Vella: Chain's ability to clear an entire section in one pass and a much better dodge for moving across the map > swords easily.
    • Delia: Use her hop, and come out of it with smashes to wipe mobs quickly. Full moon can work as well.
    • Hurk: Space into continual Space + Smash spin to quickly wipe areas.
    • Karok: Pillar is likely the fastest because of speed boost after it's tossed, and the mobs are crazy weak, so just go all out. Cestus should be fine as well.

All characters: Stimulant: Dead Run will work, so if you're using a lowbie without a decent speed weapon, use this to fill in gaps if necessary.

All mobs spawn in the same places each time, so if you pay attention they you'll know where the gremlins are for the stamina boost. If there are multiple, chain them as you go to stagger the buff.

If you don't have a decent weapon, grab a cheap level 50 weapon and enhance it up to +8 or +9--it won't reset unless you fail going for +10, so it's an easy way to get a little more speed.
    VallestiDownIoadMochiSweet
  • BluntForceBluntForce
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    do i have to kill all gremlins ?
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited May 11, 2017
    BluntForce wrote: »

No you do not, but gremlins add to your core meter. There are certain ones which will unlock the next area and you have to kill them.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited May 11, 2017
    Lynn: if dodge smash doesnt 1-shot them, be prepared for a bad time

my suggestion for karok:
    go cestus and raging volcano every room with a stealthy
    The Enhance/Enchant Runes act like normal ones and can be traded in shared storage. The shards say they can use all forms of trade, but I haven't gotten any so I have no idea if it's just the usual error or if they actually can be traded/sold.
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    The Enhance/Enchant Runes act like normal ones and can be traded in shared storage. The shards say they can use all forms of trade, but I haven't gotten any so I have no idea if it's just the usual error or if they actually can be traded/sold.

The shards can not be traded.
    2edgy4uPrototypemindOrder5BloodAngelXie
    Ehgess wrote: »

While you're here, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    Order5BloodAngelXie
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    I did it as sword lann. Make sure you

- get the stealthy gremlin first
    - when u run to that stealthy gremlin, the others should follow u. Group them up together for a big increase in the core indicator by taking all out in 1 fury/smash.
    - You do not need to kill all the mobs. Sometimes its just better to run as fast as possible with the stealth buff.

basically, the optimal strategy is to keep the stealthy gremlin buff going on as long as possible while trying to group up all the mobs together for a big takeout.
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    There are few other tips:

If you feel your buff is about to run out and you still have a long way to run until the next stealthy one, use slashing high and mash the sprint key;
    Alternatively, you can use F7 for both depeess and travelling long distance depends on the map.

Final boss die in 1 LLR anyways. No point in saving any SP bars, so you need to semi-plan out when to use certain skills etc..
    2edgy4u
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

Then why does the event shop say they can use all forms of trade?
    Herucross
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    DownIoad wrote: »
    BluntForce wrote: »

No you do not, but gremlins add to your core meter. There are certain ones which will unlock the next area and you have to kill them.
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    Lynn: if dodge smash doesnt 1-shot them, be prepared for a bad time

Adding on to this. If you can get 1000 SP, Jade Fox Divine Spear is the most beneficial SP skill. Use it to pass through large groups of mobs to get the Stealth Gremlins and the normal gremlins that are keeping the red barrier up. If you can't one-shot the normal mobs with Iron Monkey, then you are better off just killing the ones that matter and moving on.
    Long Armed Devil also works very well on the mobs for Lynn as they sometimes circle up a bit. Easy way to kill and keep moving.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    [*] Vella: Chain's ability to clear an entire section in one pass and a much better dodge for moving across the map > swords easily.
    You forgot about ability to pull to enemies, which in fact tends to stuck on obstacles (event slightest differences in floor height).

Anyway, I thought the same, until I tried swords for high attack speed. Sprint smash → dodge → spin → jump → normal → repeat from dodge. Sure it costs stamina, but Slashing High & the gremlin buffs do wonder. As for clearing - I suppose it's needed to find optimal path and ignore some far spawns that aren't worth it.

Wish the daily limitation for this battle was bigger...
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    All of the items from the shop can be bought within one week of doing this dungeon on 6 chars 3 times a day. Even less if you activate VVIP. Honestly, it should have a daily limit of one, two with VIP.
  • HerucrossHerucross
    Vindictus Rep: 780
    Question2 wrote: »

Then why does the event shop say they can use all forms of trade?

because nexon
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Wanted to add that you can forfeit before killing the final boss if you are not satisfied with your results, to have another chance at it without being punished for your daily limit.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I know Prototypemind said for evies to use scythes, but as I staffie I can get the bar filled up all the way to the top.
    I spam the autorun (set to mine Q key) with gremlin buff and throughout the maps.

Then again I have a lvl 80 staff thats +13 with 60 base speed.