[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Upcoming Proposed Changes to AP Restoration System

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Nakrast wrote: »
    I think many people would enjoy a enhancement system that rewards dedication over pure luck (for example: make success rate lower but no more breaking, like +10 -> +11 with 20% success or something).

That still rewards luck, not dedication.

Dedication would be something like the seal shop, where you -know- you can get something just by playing the game more.

The issue with any real enhancing revamp is that it would require a revamp of how the cash shop as well. Nexon is too reliant on selling runes to generate money via the cash shop. Let's say it takes a massive amount of stones/elixirs but you have a 100% chance to go from +10 to +11. For players, that's obviously good and it might result in an influx of players who hated RNG enhancing before. But most people obviously wont buy runes anymore, so Nexon won't do it.

Of course, they could just make money by selling less important things like cosmetic items and minor buffs, but derpcat's corporate culture doesn't allow for any revolutionary thinking. They basically just follow whatever the director says and like most korean companies, everyone is too scared to point out how dumb he is.
    BloodAngel
  • Question2Question2
    edited May 15, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Except that people would just rage quit after booming once instead of rage quitting after double booming twice.

Except you get back the weapon for 10% of AP now and while it can't be enhanced anymore, you still have your weapon, unlike having nothing at all.
    I just hope the road to +10 will be improved to make this change more than viable.

Im referring to the type of people who rage quit if they cant reach a certain enhance level.

Most of the people who double boom something without a decent backup are doing it because they want to reach a certain enhance level and they will quit if they cant. You know, the people who say "Im going to try to +15 my weapon, if it doesnt work i quit".

Now lets say you can ap restore your weapon for 10% of the AP, it cant be enhanced, and there is no decrease in enhancement level.

What happens? The same people will boom their weapon once, then rage at not being able to make a +15 or whatever, and quit. Oh sure they still have their weapon, but they weren't sastified with it in the first place. So, even if they ap restore it, they wont play. Yes, they can make a new weapon and try again, but most of them will complain that "it takes too long to make another weapon" and "I don't have runes" and quit anyway.

Unlike before, you won't be able to double boom weapons to get a high enhanced weapon. This basically doubles the amount of farming time to make double the weapons AND you need double the runes to have the same chances at getting a high enhanced weapon.

For any serious player who is willing to play the game and get AP normally, The current system we have is much better if you are trying to make a +12 or +13. It takes on average 6-7 tries to go from +10 to +12. On average, that's 3-4 weapons that you would double boom. If you save up event runes, that's possible in half a year or less (again, on average). Oh sure it takes a 20k+ ap to restore each weapon, but most veterans are near AP capped and sitting on a mountain of AP capsules from kitty boxes, daily missions and events anyway. And it's incredibly easy to get AP if you just play the game normally.

The people who complain about "farming AP" are the ones who refuse to play the game. Obviously, if you don't play the game, you don't get AP, and you can't ap restore. Doing the bare minimum in the game easily nets you 500+ AP per day, not even taking into account abyssal arena, s2 dailies or raids.

Now an easy fix for both sides is to allow players to CHOOSE which restoration type they want. The current system that allows the weapon to be enhanced again, or the new system where you can restore for cheap but can't enhance it again. The latter would be for players that don't have any idea what they are doing and need a weapon back to play, the former for players trying to get a high enhanced weapon and don't mind a high ap cost.
    BloodAngelNakrast
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    I think many people would enjoy a enhancement system that rewards dedication over pure luck (for example: make success rate lower but no more breaking, like +10 -> +11 with 20% success or something).

Dedication would be something like the seal shop, where you -know- you can get something just by playing the game more.

So something like this.
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/2735/retaining-players

No one has yet been able to tell me how or why that is a bad idea.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited May 18, 2017
    Of course, they could just make money by selling less important things like cosmetic items and minor buffs, but derpcat's corporate culture doesn't allow for any revolutionary thinking. They basically just follow whatever the director says and like most korean companies, everyone is too scared to point out how dumb he is.

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Do you mean they can sell not as much of the cosmetics? Or sell more cosmetics? Because our shop on KR is basically mainly cosmetics 90% of the time. (It's been that way for a very long time as far as I have seen even before the previous directors from what I have heard)
  • VioletEyesVioletEyes
    Vindictus Rep: 550

Perhaps I'm missing something here. Do you mean they can sell not as much of the cosmetics? Or sell more cosmetics? Because our shop on KR is basically mainly cosmetics 90% of the time. (It's been that way for a very long time as far as I have seen even before the previous directors from what I have heard)

Hi, if you may, I have a question to ask you.

I've heard that avatar pieces will become tradable via market place, and that this is already the case for KR. Is this true ?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    MyDelia wrote: »
    So something like this.

Funny that you joined right after Cessa got banned and you constantly reference Cessa's thread +haha
    BloodAngel
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    VioletEyes wrote: »

Hi, if you may, I have a question to ask you.

I've heard that avatar pieces will become tradable via market place, and that this is already the case for KR. Is this true ?

Not that I know of. The most we really get are sellable Outfits from gacha boxes.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Prototypemind why was (s)he banned? Was it that negative thing they said in that new player thread? Whenever someone gets banned it always seems rather abrupt and stupid imo.
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @Prototypemind why was (s)he banned? Was it that negative thing they said in that new player thread? Whenever someone gets banned it always seems rather abrupt and stupid imo.

Years of insulting other players that culminated in her taking jabs at a GM.
    BloodAngel
  • PutFrostPutFrost
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    BloodAngel wrote: »

Years of insulting other players that culminated in her taking jabs at a GM.

A post was made where a racial comment was made at Asian gamers. She stepped in to argue back and and was attacked by yourselves and other players including two who made ad hominem attacks against her.

Then a volunteer forum moderator came by and did nothing to the people who made personal insults to her nor did he do anything about the racist comments. She brought this up to him and he didn't like it so he banned her.

Comment in question:
    "Asians like RNG."

She stated that it was racist to say something like that as she is Asian and she doesn't like RNG.
    The moderator claimed it was not racist.

She then made a topic suggesting that "Europeans like RNG."

And that topic was immediately deleted because the moderator was incensed by it. He found the former as not racist but the latter was racist to him and he banned her.

She got unbanned a little bit later after bringing it up to a GM. The GM unbanned her forum account.
    She then tried to get an apology from the volunteer moderator again but he again banned her. A real abuse of power case here.
    Wow. How many mule forum accounts do you have?
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Anyways this is going off topic. I see now with the rise update that this enhance system is honestly changing for the worse. It's creating a larger gap between the rich (or ppl with good luck) and the poor (ppl that can't even enhance past +12) when there's a +20 and the att speed will be insane on those. I know some people don't care about how strong they are but when I can't even neam unless I know the people in the party are willing to carry because even with full enchanted and a +10 90 wep isn't enough you know something is wrong. Just my rant on this new enhance level and the shitty changes coming.

Don't get me wrong I love half the things announced, the other half are just out weighing all the good they've announced, this seems like Big Bang but for vindi because of the power creep being introduced.
    SlothPrincessPixelPantsu
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited May 24, 2017
    Wow. How many mule forum accounts do you have?

How bad must your life be that you have to sit here and try to make others feel bad and accusing others of smurfing to make yourself feel better?
  • Daggerpaw12Daggerpaw12
    Vindictus Rep: 740
    edited May 29, 2017
    I have to say that Nexon devs are some of the stupidest developers ever to hit the market when it comes to Western adaptations of their MMOs, and by Western adaptations, I mean the lack thereof. I don't even play this game anymore. I just lurk around the forums to see if there's anything that could possibly make me want to play again, but as of yet, nothing. It only gets worse. The enhancement/enchantment systems need to be given higher success rates so people don't get discouraged from spending their money if Nexon wants to make Vindictus a successful game in the West as compared to KR, or the scrolls need to be given significantly better drop rates. Beyond that, the methods that Nexon uses to make money from the cash shop are shaky at best, since the only worthwhile cash shop items in the game proper are dyes and runes. The progression system is far too narrow and needs to be made significantly easier and expanded more, with decreased marginal returns behind every consecutive endgame wall, and more items being hidden obvious grind/paywalls instead of RNG nonsense that breeds animosity. Blade and Soul does this very well. I quit this game even though I had +12 Regina TS because there was no way for me to progress further without putting absurd amounts of effort (and/or cash) into getting several replacement TS only to have a small chance at getting even one step closer to the final enhancement step (which is now going to be 5 below the final enhancement step). +15 is already absurd enough for 99% of the people who play this game. Statistically, it's impossible for any one person. The fact that everything is based on RNG to such absurd levels as to have every odd mercilessly stacked against you at all times is what turns off Western audiences, simply because, from all reasonable accounts, gambling thousands of dollars away at an RNG slot machine that's virtually guaranteed to give you nothing worth your time is a bad investment of your money. On top of that, playing this game yields almost no rewards since drop rates are so low, and since drops are entirely arbitrary, and not bid on (like in Blade & Soul) or shared (like in Warframe), the only thing that this game does is breed animosity, jealousy, envy and toxicity in the community. And on top of that, actually playing the game with anything other than your bloated whale wallet at endgame doesn't yield you anything unless you happen to hit the jackpot. It's all luck, and most of the time, it's all a waste of your time. The combat system and visual aesthetics of Vindictus are fantastic. Literally everything else is complete trash and needs not to be revamped, but to be completely thrown out in favor of systems designed after MMOs that appeal more to Western audiences, like BnS, Guild Wars 2 and Warframe.
  • PorcedduPorceddu
    Vindictus Rep: 880
    edited May 29, 2017
    I have to say that Nexon devs are some of the stupidest developers ever to hit the market when it comes to Western adaptations of their MMOs, and by Western adaptations, I mean the lack thereof. I don't even play this game anymore. I just lurk around the forums to see if there's anything that could possibly make me want to play again, but as of yet, nothing. It only gets worse. The enhancement/enchantment systems need to be given higher success rates so people don't get discouraged from spending their money if Nexon wants to make Vindictus a successful game in the West as compared to KR, or the scrolls need to be given significantly better drop rates. Beyond that, the methods that Nexon uses to make money from the cash shop are shaky at best, since the only worthwhile cash shop items in the game proper are dyes and runes. The progression system is far too narrow and needs to be made significantly easier and expanded more, with decreased marginal returns behind every consecutive endgame wall, and more items being hidden obvious grind/paywalls instead of RNG nonsense that breeds animosity. Blade and Soul does this very well. I quit this game even though I had +12 Regina TS because there was no way for me to progress further without putting absurd amounts of effort (and/or cash) into getting several replacement TS only to have a small chance at getting even one step closer to the final enhancement step (which is now going to be 5 below the final enhancement step). +15 is already absurd enough for 99% of the people who play this game. Statistically, it's impossible for any one person. The fact that everything is based on RNG to such absurd levels as to have every odd mercilessly stacked against you at all times is what turns off Western audiences, simply because, from all reasonable accounts, gambling thousands of dollars away at an RNG slot machine that's virtually guaranteed to give you nothing worth your time is a bad investment of your money. On top of that, playing this game yields almost no rewards since drop rates are so low, and since drops are entirely arbitrary, and not bid on (like in Blade & Soul) or shared (like in Warframe), the only thing that this game does is breed animosity, jealousy, envy and toxicity in the community. And on top of that, actually playing the game with anything other than your bloated whale wallet at endgame doesn't yield you anything unless you happen to hit the jackpot. It's all luck, and most of the time, it's all a waste of your time. The combat system and visual aesthetics of Vindictus are fantastic. Literally everything else is complete trash and needs not to be revamped, but to be completely thrown out in favor of systems designed after MMOs that appeal more to Western audiences, like BnS, Guild Wars 2 and Warframe.

That's something that has been said countless times by countless people, but the developers never really listened to anybody except the Korean and Chinese server populations. If there's any hope for well-made changes in their future patches, it's all up to Asian Servers's playerbases feedbacks.
  • Question2Question2
    MyDelia wrote: »

So something like this.

From derpcat's point of view, anything that reduces rune sales = bad idea.
  • Question2Question2

They could shift their revenue model to focus more on cosmetics and less important items, as opposed to runes. Most western "free to play" games make money via selling cosmetic items, character slots, etc, not by runes that you need to use if you don't want to boom your weapon. Some of my friends have mentioned path of exile as an example to me before.

Boninox
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    the only thing that this game does is breed animosity, jealousy, envy and toxicity in the community.

No, Vindi players are just toxic in general (mainly american and german ones). There were private servers with nearly 100% chances for +15, x15 core drops and whatnot and players were still being entitled and toxic. Some people are just bitter by nature, nothing you can do about it.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    Porceddu wrote: »
    That's something that has been said countless times by countless people, but the developers never really listened to anybody except the Korean and Chinese server populations. If there's any hope for well-made changes in their future patches, it's all up to Asian Servers's playerbases feedbacks.

Looks like it's not the case with RISE LUL
    NakrastBloodAngelMaryJane
  • havoc23havoc23
    Vindictus Rep: 1,410
    well im confused.... so instead of the weapon breaking it goes back to 0 and you cant enhance it anymore ?