[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

can i play another game with vindictus in the bg

SuhpremeSuhpreme
Vindictus Rep: 3,935
in Off Topic Discussion
or will i get banged?

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Thats a good question . Hope some moderator or someone else from the team will answear for this considering other threads like this one where players wrote that they got banned for this
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Late to the party, but it depends. They won't give an official list of games that trigger bans, and it doesn't seem they have any intention of correcting the false positives. Basically play at your own risk.
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    But why aren't only the common bot apps monitored? Why is it necessary to block apps that can access specific memory addresses even if in most of the cases they are harmless? Shouldn't cheating be filtered out on the server side? (eg. by behaviour analysis, reporting) So many questions about such a non-sense feature.
    Madcobra
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    will i get banned if i play dfo while vindictus is running in the bg
    edited May 9, 2017
    Suhpreme wrote: »
    will i get banned if i play dfo while vindictus is running in the bg

I don't know but the admins could answer questions like this instead of just removing posts they don't like.

@Aquasol @Ehgess @Dealer could anyone post a damned list about what apps are safe to use and what are not? First the blocks then these bans for nothing. It's really upsetting.
    Madcobra
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Kill us in silence and secret , thats their method :p
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    edited May 9, 2017
    If a hack program is running in the background, our detections will pick this up and block the user when found. Regardless if the hack is for a different game such as DFO or any other game. Be wary of what programs are running in the background. Do note, we review all ban related tickets submitted regarding such issues to check for false positives.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I normally play Combat Arms or most recently I play Prey while fishing in Vindi but I've never had a ban trigger. I think if what OP is referring to with Sanitee then just don't look in the game files. And from what Ehgess said just don't hack in another game while Vindi is running because they'll pick that up anyways (I would also avoid modding a game while vindi is running too then)
    edited May 10, 2017
    Ehgess wrote: »
    If a hack program is running in the background, our detections will pick this up and block the user when found. Regardless if the hack is for a different game such as DFO or any other game. Be wary of what programs are running in the background. Do note, we review all ban related tickets submitted regarding such issues to check for false positives.

If you run pattern scanning there must be a lot of false positives. Has anyone got unbanned for that by the way? What do cheat programs of other games have to do with Vindi? How do you know that they weren't hacking VIndi if you don't even know what they used the program for...

Non-specific patterns won't give you specific results thus making it more difficult for you guys to check for false positives.