[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Who's Happy?

Comments

• Controller001Controller001
    Vindictus Rep: 1,920
    Seems like it's closing to an end, people in guild mostly offline, even regulars, i dosent help with recent migration blocks that dosent seem to move at all.
    Even my self, i dont feel like playing anymore, thanks to meh performance and unrewarding game (also might run into ferghus trap)
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    74 people cared enough to come here and vote that they weren't happy.
    That's half of the population on East. +sad
    daws360
  • EfixEfix
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    I'm sad because Eghess and Saygo never take the time to talk to the community.

They're the only actual Nexon personnel who we have contact with and we never get any answers from them. They just shill outfitters while deflecting any actual questions about the game. Although I know one of them doesn't actually work on this game, forgot which one.
    daws360
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Efix it might be Ehgess because he was on the maplestory 5th job content stream too, he is also less active on the forums and such too relative to Saygo so I believe it's him but I don't know
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Community stream cancelled weeks ago, no word on a retry. Not good news. No screen shot winner since March, no real update. Not good news. Told players to submit tickets if they were having issues with direct launch, then stopped mentioning it altogether. Not good news either.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    It'd help if we can get a community manager that actually plays and cares about the game enough to constantly communicate and push nexon to fix issues, but I guess that's too much to ask for.

Or nexon just refuses to hire a person like that :^)
    Efixdaws360XieBloodAngel
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Community stream cancelled weeks ago, no word on a retry. Not good news. No screen shot winner since March, no real update. Not good news. Told players to submit tickets if they were having issues with direct launch, then stopped mentioning it altogether. Not good news either.

That's FUD.
    Nope, that's fact.
    NessaEsperPixelPantsuDownIoad
  • MokutonMokuton
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700

"I don't see myself stopping playing this game"
    BloodAngel2edgy4uZeroheartFlufffyParrot
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    edited May 17, 2017
    Well...I'm happy. Not completely of course, I can see the problems everyone is discussing. But I would not have given the game so much money if I didn't believe it was worth it. I've played almost everyday since 2014 and I've had lots of fun. I'm not going to argue about missions being repetitive or boring etc since I like doing repetitive stuff. To each his own. I still get excited to see new events and outfitters. It wouldn't surprise me if things didn't improve but I would be sad if Vindi shut down. I like it for what it is
    Yep, commenting a lot.

Current events: Awesome.
    Current state of the game: Not so much.

Direct launch is still dead in the water. I can play on my desktop, but the Nexon launcher causes global memory errors on my laptop, which never happened with direct.

Regions who have been blocked still never got real explanation on why they were, leaving players who have spent money out in the cold. I get that the policy agreed to on the game is that it can happen any time, but giving nothing but legalease as a response does not sit well with me. It makes it clear that between that and some of the bans that players can get the boot any time without any recourse or discussion.

Arisha's Resonance still causes the center of everyone's screen to go haywire. Going on a year since that started. Her Temporal Shift still glitches Bark; going on three years now? Longer? Abomination and Kraken can still glitch into perma slow-mo, and likely neither will ever be fixed.

Still no update on the Screenshot contest, still no communication with the community on well put together, thought out concerns. It's clear that Nexon Global has its stance on how it's going to handle the community going forward. Sometimes we'll get things that we like, sometimes we won't, but whatever the case we aren't going to get to have open discussions about what's going on.

I'm still playing Vindi, but I'm playing other things as well and spending my money there and on real life items. I'm done supporting this game with cash until there are some changes. If things never change, oh well. I'll enjoy the game for what it is until it sinks into the sands of time.
    Xie
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Hello again guys. I've been receiving multiple news updates/posts in my Google Now feed on my phone about Vindictus' huge summer update/revamp. I watched a long video (advertisement) showcasing the new update and it looks interesting. It seems like there are some slight graphical improvements and easy of use updates for the UI that I'm sure a lot of you will appreciate. I don't know Korean and didn't bother looking up more info, but it seemed like there are going to be a large variety of improvements. I LOLed at the past +15 Enhancement. XD I assume these updates will trickle in throughout late Fall / early Winter.

Anyways, the news feeds caught my eye and I figured I'd check back here to see how things were going. I haven't logged in since I vowed to quit playing the game entirely. It breaks my heart when reminiscing on the past. I haven't been playing any games, nor do I really use my desktop at all anymore. I think this is in large part due to the fact I've never really been a hardcore gamer and rarely ever played online games. Somehow I managed to find Vindictus early in its infancy and fall in love with it. For longer than I can remember my habits usually consisted of occasionly playing Vindictus, mostly letting it idle in the background while surfing the web. Ironically I still leave my desktop on 24/7, allowing it to contribute to the Electric bill. XD I've always wondered if I've slowly been growing out of gaming as I've gotten older. I've known for a long time that my dedication to playing Vindictus revolved around the lifestyle I allowed it to become.

Do I believe I'll be returning? Probably not. Do I miss the game and the community? Most definitely, even if it's been scarce for entirely too long. I have to say that I'm much happier now, not playing it than I was for the longest time playing it. I allowed the game to interfere with my personal life and cause bad habits. I believe the best thing was accepting the fact that this game has had an effect on my lifestyle during the entire duration of time that I played it. I've been more productive with work and my social commitments as a result. Now I have a hole burning in my pocket and am constantly looking at computer components to upgrade my already Overkill desktop. Quite Ironic that I'm interested in buying the top tier next generation GPUs when I currently have no desire to play new or current games. This stems from my underlying obsession with technology and progression. Maybe I'll just buy a laptop instead? But, I digress...

I'm sad to admit that Vindictus was my first MMO and will be my last MMO. I guess I have an addictive personality. XD

Some words of advice... If you find yourself playing any game and you no longer find enjoyment in it, take a break. If you find yourself continuously taking breaks out of boredom, only to come back, try to determine the underlining cause of it. Maybe it's time to finally move on?

P.S. today is my birthday and I'm 22 years old. I started playing Vindictus when I was 15. I was honored to receive a birthday badge upon logging into the forums. Wow, time sure does fly by...
    Suhpremearkaine757BloodAngelPrototypemindXie
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @hi5josh happy birthday man. I hope the day finds you well and I hope your quitting vindictus goes well (seriously quitting a nexon game is like quitting smoking, you do so well for awhile and then boom you relapse and go crazy addicted for a couple months)
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Vindictus Rep: 1,075
    I like to log in and raid with strangers, I play this game like I play left 4 dead 2. Only hate the leveling, wanted to make new characters but there are no boats for any low levels. I can only enjoy this if I play on my Kai
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    hi5josh wrote: »
    XD I assume these updates will trickle in throughout late Fall / early Winter.

June.
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    edited June 26, 2017
    So, is it a good time for me to return now? /s

Peace out to all of those that finally decided to leave after this update. I wish the best of luck to all of those dedicated enough to ride this low (final) stage of the game through. XD
This discussion has been closed.