[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Starting player question

KikinaLnKikinaLn
Vindictus Rep: 415
in Europe Chat
Hello, i am european who allways plays on NA servers.
Decided to give this oldie game a shot, bored with all new stuff to oblivion, and tbh, i wonder how could i miss this, its so different and in so many ways pretty cool game.
So i rolled on EAST server, scared of all this badtalking EU servers, about toxic people, about it being dead etc. Theres 3x more people around at EU peak time on EAST server. So it was obvious choice.
Problem is ping, i have 190 ping to NA, 37-40 ping to EU. I figured how boats works, and asked some starting player to host. He told hes NA east coast and have good connection - but who knows. It was unplayable rubberband, evie skills didnt charge - chain, and arisha, i wouldnt even try it.
So i should probably stick to EU.
Question is, is it worth starting? Hearing how game is almost dead, and EU servers are visibly way more "dead" than NA.

Comments

• MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited April 12, 2017
    Its always wort to try something new however i wouldnt invest real money looking how things are . Society getting smaller with everyday , no hope for now to get back all players who get block after merge , boards with raids are most of the time empty , but if you have someone to play with that doesnt matter, and i forgot about the most important fps drops what makes game unplayable for many players withouth pro monster pc . If you will decide to stay welcome in eu server and good luck . Ps .... about toxic ppl- they are everywhere to be honest the best thing you can do is to learn how to ignore them and it stops bother you , world would be boring withouth idiots they are nedeed too
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Population: Obviously it's smaller than it used to be, but it's not "that small" from my perspective. There are plenty S3 quick battle "boats", especially around raid reset hour - you won't have issue finding a raid for these. As for S2 - I don't know, I don't play them, but there should be moderate amount of people due to the scrolls.

Toxicity: It's been many years since this became global problem, but I don't think it has a significant effect here. Sometimes You can see dramas on smegas or on forums, but in-game it's rather rare, unless You get into that group of people.

Additionally as far I heard NA prices are extremely high due to inflation, which is not the case here.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    I was testing more NA EAST, found another host for some lowlevel stuff, and i had 2-3 blue bars, which is probably ok. I was able to block attack with arisha easy, not lagging.
    So i am tempted to stick with NA.
    And about prices yes i was looking, about 3x higher prices. Then, does it mean, i can also make 3x more money, if i sell something? or it doesnt work that way...

Oh and from my experience, about toxicity - simply NA people are usually more friendly/playful, but also whales, compared to EU. Another thing, i have shifted time schedule due to work and family, and can rarely play at EU peak times.

So - 2 bars at worst, ill start with evie most probably, according to tips that she is ok with high ping, or cb vella.
    Inflated prices = bad, or in the end, same effect? In theory it just makes rewards from missions less rewarding, at least in other games. Rest just speaks for NA.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    I think inflation is a bad effect, because the money You generate from finishing battles or selling junk is worthless. Higher prices also mean putting items for bigger price on marketplace, so bigger tax. The only benefits of this are NPC items or recipes, like changing or improving materials of S3 items. Repair fee formula was changed few patches ago, so it's not a good argument any more. In the end, I think You won't be able to slowly get significant amount of money by just casually playing dailies, but will be more dependant on farming something or counting on RNG. I can't tell this from experience, because this effect luckily wasn't here, but I saw NA players complaining about it.

What are your playtime hours? Daily reset is set at 17:00 +0 UTC (19:00 for +2 UTC, which is most of Central Europe), so the peak times are rather evening. I see plenty parties between 16:00 and 22:00 +2 UTC. Another benefit is that if You don't do raids one day, You can do them the next before and after reset in one go.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    As its been stated, the EU server is alive enough for you to be able to play.
    Community toxicity? Apart from one or two individuals that appear on occasion, community in general is pretty average in my opinion.
    Stick to what you want, if you feel more at home with NA community, feel free.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    17-20 +2 UTC is unreal for me to play
    soonest its 20, but more usually 22-23 up to 3am easy and morning, even early morning
    with this times, would i be able to do something?
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    AH nevermind, after consulting this on vindictus discord, i decided for EU.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I am a EU player, and the Eu server seems pretty alive.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    Oh yea today it lives, i am pretty amazed.
  • omoisamaomoisama
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    speaking of toxicity NA servers are the most toxic ones, those kids probably are salty cause they got kicked from EU boat when they randomly join up, but the hosts only play with their friends. Just look at that mega chat, East server is full of people(mostly Chinese) who cant speak proper English, think highly of themselves or edgylords
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    They just need sum luv . Group hugh <3
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    edited April 18, 2017
    Ok till now, game was fun, now, at lvl 67-69, main story sends me on one raid after another. Some say, stick with boss until you master it, some say get to S2 asap. I am playing arisha in lvl 60 apex gear, non enchanted, some lower lvl accs... i get two shotted even in easy mode. How can i learn boss, if he two shot me?
    Theres literaly not a chance to get party there, only carry by some lvl 90 guildie, but i feel kinda stupid, especially now, when its several raids streak.
    I managed to solo golem and titan. Rest seems just impossible, black hammer, lionotus... Cant even drink pot, bosses wont let me.
    What am i supposed to do, and this is how it will be? Or its just old S1 endgame, until it gets to S2, where is proper easy mode (what i heard). So far S1 easy mode is quite minimal difference to normal, by my observation.

Its extreme frustrating, learn boss... i come to it, first jump not expected, half hp down, means basicaly all battle lost. Not fun at all. Rinse repeat few times, this way i managed to kill Titan few times, Golem, fomor leader. But this harder raids are hell.
    Other classes are not so squishy? We cant heal ourselves except p2w merc pots? Should i get carried through all this raid streak, and there will be some new content where its normal again? Should i enchant gear? Should i buy some rings and belt or something?

Or... should i wait for weekend for unlimited res????????? This way i managed to do some lower level vampire raid, which was real hell.

Or should i really stay and learn to solo old endgame with nerfed difficulty, but undergeared? Not level so fast? Theres noone leveling 40-70, theres bunch of people leveling at 1-30, then many people figure its pretty challenging, and prolly give up.

Or should i reroll to some easier class? Siiiigh