[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Stuttering,hitching during some animations?

AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
Vindictus Rep: 400
in Tech Support
Is normal for the game to stutter,hitches during some combat animations (Lann's Gliding Fury, Fanning Slash) or when the mobs are spawned (happens at boss too).
Also happens at explosive animations too.
My specs are: Intel i5 4460 3.2 ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro and the game installed on HDD.
Maybe this game needs SSD? Pretty lame if yes.

Comments

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    AkiyoSSJ wrote: »
    Clearly: NO.
    Sure it might help running more smoothly, but it does not NEED a SSD. I know people having the game on a SSD and they're still having issues...
    Is normal for the game to stutter,hitches during some combat animations (Lann's Gliding Fury, Fanning Slash) or when the mobs are spawned (happens at boss too).
    I almost want to say YES, because, to be honest with you, I do not know any single person who don't or didn't experience those freezes/lags at least once in a party.

Heard many times that the UI is 'glitched' and makes your fps drop like hell, but if it concerns mainly animations, this should be because of your graphics settings and your video card.
    Did you try changing the settings of your game to the lowest? And then to the highest? Any change/amelioration?
    If you have some Nvidia Software installed, make sure you have the Gaming or High performance mode (or whatever name it is called) enabled while playing Vindictus.

Also, do you enable the multicore mode in game, by chance? If so, these posts might perhaps help you then.
  • AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
    Clearly: NO.
    Sure it might help running more smoothly, but it does not NEED a SSD. I know people having the game on a SSD and they're still having issues...
    I almost want to say YES, because, to be honest with you, I do not know any single person who don't or didn't experience those freezes/lags at least once in a party.

Heard many times that the UI is 'glitched' and makes your fps drop like hell, but if it concerns mainly animations, this should be because of your graphics settings and your video card.
    Did you try changing the settings of your game to the lowest? And then to the highest? Any change/amelioration?
    If you have some Nvidia Software installed, make sure you have the Gaming or High performance mode (or whatever name it is called) enabled while playing Vindictus.

Also, do you enable the multicore mode in game, by chance? If so, these posts might perhaps help you then.

Yeah, I tried to play on low and is mostly the same as with everything maxed on custom, I expect to work at least without stutters even if the fps is not constantly 60, after all I have a gaming GPU.
    Also, what exactly do you mean with the Nvidia Software? The optimize from Geforce Experience?
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    Also, what exactly do you mean with the Nvidia Software? The optimize from Geforce Experience?
    Well, I have a Radeon so I don't know the exact name, but you often have tons of softwares, utilities and such to "boost" or set your graphic card (speep of fans, 3D mode, etc etc) when you open the box. I assume you must have at least one installed, right?

I usually run around 40-50 fps, which is pretty good for my old specs, but it drops a lot when there's lot of mobs and of course, everyone bashing them like madened beasts... Perhaps just reducing the effects of attacks, esp. those of other players might help?

Did you test without the whole UI ? (I think it's the [-] key)
    Also, if you see some improvements, try reducing it the more you can by removing "useless" things like the picture above the group etc
  • AkiyoSSJAkiyoSSJ
    Well, I have a Radeon so I don't know the exact name, but you often have tons of softwares, utilities and such to "boost" or set your graphic card (speep of fans, 3D mode, etc etc) when you open the box. I assume you must have at least one installed, right?

I usually run around 40-50 fps, which is pretty good for my old specs, but it drops a lot when there's lot of mobs and of course, everyone bashing them like madened beasts... Perhaps just reducing the effects of attacks, esp. those of other players might help?

Did you test without the whole UI ? (I think it's the [-] key)
    Also, if you see some improvements, try reducing it the more you can by removing "useless" things like the picture above the group etc

It seems that disabling the UI and setting the game profile for GPU on Maximum Performance kinda fixed it, the game is more smooth now, thanks!
    Nexon should fix this UI issue, it will help a lot of people.