[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Poor Player Gearing Guide/Tips for lvl 90(old)

Yuria100Yuria100
Vindictus Rep: 2,480
edited September 25, 2017 in Battle Quests and Guides
This guide is intended for people who are new to vindictus or don't have any idea on how to procceed with gearing your first character. Also this guide is very sloppy hope this somehow help someone out. Some good critiques of this guild are in the comment below so check them out. The one worth looking at are @Question2 and @BladeXAngel.

To start off:
1. Before the level 95 patch don't try to put any rank 9 or 8 enchant, but you can do so if you want.
2. Berserker ES does not distroy your gear and the stamina regen buff does not stack.

Let get the basic stuff out the way.
1. Enchant your chest piece with Master ES cus crit
2. Enchant one piece of your accersoies with Berserker ES, you can choose not to do so if you have another build in mind and don't care about stamina regen from the ES.
3. Put Significant and passion on any open spot on accesories. This should be the last thing you do, first want to put fast, subdue, the dead first then once you done with you accesoy build you start applying these es to any ope spots. (Wait for Enchant Scroll Event)

Approach to putting Rank 7 scrolls on you armor:

This is fairly simple, but it is a long process depending on your luck. The plan is to yolo enchant your armor peice and replace said armor piece if it get distroyed. This is easy to do by farming seals from raids, ein lacher and Abyssal Arena.

So here are the steps:
1. create armor piece with atleast an Orange Primary Essence. (I recommend putting orange primary essence with either purple or blue shards. Going full orange is time comsuming and costly for something you planning on blowing up and not restoring)
2. Enchant Armor from step one with Rank 7 Enchant scroll
3. If it Blows up go back to step one, if not go to step 4
4. Go to your next piece of armor that not Enchanted and go to step 2. if all Armor are enchanted go to step 5
5. Use enchant runes to put the second enchant on each armor piece or you can go really risky and do it without runes, not recommended

For weapons here are your check list:
1. Get the weapon to +10 either through event, buying off market, or using enhancing rune
2. When putting rank 7 enchant scroll make sure to use enchant runes
3. when going to +11, +12, +13, +14, +15, make sure to have the right amount of AP to restore it. Here the info needed to calculate the ap cost http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Item_Restoration or you can just find a site that does the calculation for you.
4. Remember you have a one time per account gm restore, best to use it if you perma blow up a +14 weapon.

There are many builds you can go for, one example is my attack speed build.
I'll link build once i make it on the korean fan site.

If there any question or extra stuff that can be added please write below.

may not be useful info.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited April 9, 2017
    Don't forget you can use component legendary shards (blue) to restore back to full 100/100 durability should it ever go down due to failure on enhancing or enchanting. It's extremely imperative to farm blue solid legendary shards if one is to plan on enchanting with no runes on armor. Smooths can restore chest and leg armor pieces.

For weapons, you can use Lightweight shards as they are the easiest of the four to gather, dropping from Ben Chenner Entrance bosses, Captain Baethan, and Judge Jamiroff in Berbhe.

Manus will also drop one of the 6 types of legendary shards.
    Rayotte
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited April 10, 2017
    I'd suggest for new comers, get seals and buy OJ solid shard. Then buy the OJ main essence (won't cost you more than a 1mil now). Go to NPC and craft a 2 star full OJ gear. The gain from 2 star to 3 star is neglect-able for new comers and if enchant succeed, that's a finished 2 star piece.
    Also for new comers, full cloth/leather is easier than mix with heavy/plate hand and feet because of well-balanced.
    For cloth/leather head and leg, yolo enlightened first, then yolo enthusiastic.
    For chest, yolo temporal, then do master. Also the gain in smooth shard is minimal, use a purple smooth i/o OJ on chest and leg will save over 10m at least.
    For hand/feet, yolo declarative first, then go for well-balanced. If willing to spend actual money, they feel free to go for braha/regina/abom with duo r7 enchant.
    Yuria100EnigmaTaro
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    1. Enchant your chest piece with Master ES cus crit
    2. Enchant one piece of your accersoies with Berserker ES, you can choose not to do so if you have another build in mind and don't care about stamina regen from the ES.
    3. Put Significant and passion on any open spot on accesories. This should be the last thing you do, first want to put fast, subdue, the dead first then once you done with you accesoy build you start applying these es to any ope spots. (Wait for Enchant Scroll Event)

The problem with this part is that newbies will have very basic gear, usually the free level 80 or 90 gear. They will put enchants on the free gear because they dont know any better. Have you ever seen a level 80-90 newbie runnig around with stuff like healthy rampage earrings or a passion cadet ring? I have. The first step in a guide like this should be to tell them how to get decent gear worth putting enchants on and where to get said enchants.

IMHO there is no point telling them to put enchants on anything unless its 2 star OJ at least (not including special situations like their friend giving them a free impending that is about to expire or whatever). Most newbies have little to no powders, nor the gold for it. Yea, a veteran can easily put master ES on his level 80 chest for an alt, a newbie most likely can't. I regularly see newbies get to level 60+ and then tell me that they have no powders because they didnt pick them up, they just NPCed them or dumped it on the MP for the standard value.

Passion ES for most newbies is unrealistic. This is pretty much end game min-maxing considering that you either need to get multiple alts to level 60+ for it, or find someone willing to do it for you and desperate enough to sell his passion scrolls to you. Or, you get lucky and find a newbie who has no idea what he is doing and is selling it on the MP for dirt cheap, but you have to be pretty lucky to be the first to spot it. Significant/passion wont make any difference unless you have them on multiple accessories anyway.

To start off with, I would suggest they get the following :

-Sarghmiu earrings or shield badge to replace the free rampage earrings, IIRC INT characters get free earrings from titan so they dont have to worry about that

-Character specific emblem/ring

-Evil monster leather belt + 2x thorn rings (if INT) OR thor belt + ghost ring if STR OR evil monster leather belt + 2x s2 str rings (the cheap kind)

Relatively easy to farm most of this solo, plenty of veterans have spares or mats to sell. They should also get someone to expertise craft it if possible.
    1. create armor piece with atleast an Orange Primary Essence. (I recommend putting orange primary essence with either purple or blue shards. Going full orange is time comsuming and costly for something you planning on blowing up and not restoring)
    2. Enchant Armor from step one with Rank 7 Enchant scroll
    3. If it Blows up go back to step one, if not go to step 4
    4. Go to your next piece of armor that not Enchanted and go to step 2. if all Armor are enchanted go to step 5
    5. Use enchant runes to put the second enchant on each armor piece or you can go really risky and do it without runes, not recommended

Not sure why you say its time consuming and costly. Most OJ armor pieces cost only 90 seals and 350k to npc craft. This is much cheaper than using s3 mats to upgrade purple to OJ, and most newbies will not be willing to farm the mats to upgrade to OJ anyway. Farming 90 seals to make another piece of OJ gear is much easier than farming the mats to upgrade to full OJ.

Also the first step for level 90 gear should be :

1. Amass 350 seals to buy all OJ mats from the seal shop, by doing hard mode muir + breakoff, hero succubus and hard mode shakkar and roch/colhen raids whenever possible (problem is, most newbies never get past this part)

2. Figure out which set they want, typically either full lugh/terminus or braha/regina weapon + boots + gloves and lugh/terminus for the rest.

3. Find a party willing to carry a undergeared newbie through 1 or 2 s3 raids for the recipes

4. NPC craft it with seals

5. +10 it, may take a while due to the number of para stones required (most newbies cant afford to buy para stones)

6. NPC craft boots/gloves first, with full OJ mats, followed by the other pieces

7. Get master ES on the chest as soon as you can

IMHO, runes arent worth using for armor enchants unless its like, 3 star full OJ and already has an enchant on it. Or you have plenty of money to spam runes.
    Yuria100Shifon
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited April 29, 2017
    @Question2 good points, for the rune part, I agree with your opinion since it echo my opinion.

Also saying getting 350 seal is another valid way of approaching in gearing one character. Doing full orange per gear might be worth, getting seals via raids, ein lacher and abys arena make this fairly quick. so this might be better since it doesn't require much time to accumulate these seals.

Everhting else are really good tips. I'll make sure to mention you on the top fo the guide.

I'll make some changes tp the sloppy guid later but for now just taking the lazy way out.
  • Ertxz18Ertxz18
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    Is there a reason to enhance a weapon to +10 or higher first and THEN enchanting it?
    I was thinking of following the armor procedure to get r7 on my weapon and once I have both enchants I'll worry on enhancement.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    I'd suggest for new comers, get seals and buy OJ solid shard. Then buy the OJ main essence (won't cost you more than a 1mil now). Go to NPC and craft a 2 star full OJ gear. The gain from 2 star to 3 star is neglect-able for new comers and if enchant succeed, that's a finished 2 star piece.
    Also for new comers, full cloth/leather is easier than mix with heavy/plate hand and feet because of well-balanced.
    For cloth/leather head and leg, yolo enlightened first, then yolo enthusiastic.
    For chest, yolo temporal, then do master. Also the gain in smooth shard is minimal, use a purple smooth i/o OJ on chest and leg will save over 10m at least.
    For hand/feet, yolo declarative first, then go for well-balanced. If willing to spend actual money, they feel free to go for braha/regina/abom with duo r7 enchant.

This advice on enchants is incorrect. With the new update, the weights system has been removed. Meaning you can put anything on anything. Enthu can go on plate or heavy. Memorable replaced enlightened. Etc.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited July 7, 2017
    Ertxz18 wrote: »
    Is there a reason to enhance a weapon to +10 or higher first and THEN enchanting it?
    I was thinking of following the armor procedure to get r7 on my weapon and once I have both enchants I'll worry on enhancement.

@Ertxz18
    High Enhancement (+11 and beyond) is regarded as the harder of the two to accomplish. People trying to get high enhanced weapons will start off with multiple of each...and attempt enhancement to see how far each can get. The highest enhancement is the one they end up enchanting.

If your just looking to enchant one weapon and take it as far as it can go then it shouldn't be an issue. Keep in mind though post-Rise update if it fails and you restore it you can no longer enhance it further.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    work and progress for new guide, will make a seperate post once its done. Ganna take a break now m(_ _)m