[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming Out Of A Building To Empty Market...

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
edited April 26, 2017 in Bug Reporting
Has this happened to you? You come out of a building or into a new area like docks or market & theres not a soul around except for NPC's. There was a whole bunch when you went in, but not anymore, yet you know there still there because you see them talking in chat but you just cant see any of them. Well this has become a reoccurring problem for myself & others. It is usually fixed just by going back into a building & coming out, but now i go in & out 6,7 even 8 times & nothing. This usually happens once or twice a year then is gone again, but this time between the severity & frequency of the occurrence its become not only a nuisance but a pain in the ass problem. Ive been dropped from groups because they didnt wanna wait for me to relog (the only way to fix it the first try) & other players are to the point of leaving the game because of it & all the other lil & big problems that crop up here in Vindictus. Please try to take care of this problem for good Nexon, its a real pain...

Wyldstorm%20Sig-2_zpszpcer0ve.jpg
  1. Has the problem described here in this post ever happened to you?6 votes
    1. Yes, sometimes...
       17% (1 vote)
    2. Yes, alot of the time...
       33% (2 votes)
    3. No, never has...
       50% (3 votes)

Comments

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    You mean that the players in sight more or less disappeared?

I purposely choose a channel where there is very few people to almost no one because of lags, so I'm sorry but I never faced this problem... and I'm afraid I won't ever notice it if does.
    Ive been dropped from groups because they didnt wanna wait for me to relog (the only way to fix it the first try)
    Does that mean that you do see the people's name in your party but not their character when you're on the boat/carriage? What about the battle itself?
    That could be, indeed, quite problematic!
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited April 26, 2017
    Yes when im in a party. But its everyone....i go into Merc Office mkt is full, i come out...its completely empty. But their still there because i can see their chat in the chat box, i just cant see them......

• CallistheneCallisthene
    Did you try changing channel? Do they re-appear or not?

Seems like it's something like textures not charged...

I suspect a setting about the other players to somohow get in the way/not working correctly. Of course, it depends what you have checked and not, but try lowering the settings where other players are concerned and re-launch the game to see if it changes anything.
    (I noticed that sometimes, people are in brown robes when I have checked to see them in full armor. Perhaps in your case, people's robes/armors stay invisible rather than showing up while the change is made. )
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited April 26, 2017
    Did you try changing channel? Do they re-appear or not?

Seems like it's something like textures not charged...

I suspect a setting about the other players to somohow get in the way/not working correctly. Of course, it depends what you have checked and not, but try lowering the settings where other players are concerned and re-launch the game to see if it changes anything.
    (I noticed that sometimes, people are in brown robes when I have checked to see them in full armor. Perhaps in your case, people's robes/armors stay invisible rather than showing up while the change is made. )

Yes i do try changing channels, but its never once helped. Their always still gone, yes everyone. Lowering the settings where the other players are concerned? If you mean my graphic settings, their already ALL set at the lowest settings. Also this is my 3rd pc since i started playing Vindictus & it has happened on all 3 different ones. Also this usually happens one or 2 different times a year for awhile & then stops, but this time is the longest its lasted and also the most severe (as in almost no matter how many times i go back in & out of another building it hardly ever fixes it, unless i go in & out 6-12 times).

I also have people appear in robes but some do not, i dont know what makes only some appear with them but i do know theres a setting in graphics that lets you adjust that.

• CallistheneCallisthene
    If that happens only so few in a year while you had 3 different setups, I assume it is NOT a problem on your end. That also means there is basically nothing players like us could do about it...
    Sorry for not being that helpful in the end.

I noticed recently that more and more 'graphical' or 'visual' bugs are appearing with time. Fortunately, most of them aren't problematic to the point where you can't play at all, but it is still very suspicious... (Characters falling from the pond on Malina boats and walking on water instead, as if there was some missing planks - Armor sets appearing in the bag as if worn by the opposite sex - Kai's visor bugged in battles after loading screen and needs to desactive/reactive UI etc)
    After talking to a friend, it seems like I was the only one affected. After some days though, my friend began to have the same issues appearing. For now, we're more or less laughing about it, but I fear it will get worse after every update.

I don't know what is happening with this game, but I feel like it's slowly 'falling appart' in every possible meaning...

The only thing you could do is sending a ticket, though I'm pretty sure Nexon's solutions might not really resolve the problem...
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    I don't know what is happening with this game, but I feel like it's slowly 'falling appart' in every possible meaning...

The only thing you could do is sending a ticket, though I'm pretty sure Nexon's solutions might not really resolve the problem...

In my opinion, Nexon is going to get rid of Vindictus like they have other games like Dragon Nest. They'll do less & less maintenance & slowly stop fixing things, then......BOOM! Its sold.......attitudadjus_zpsddvgma8x.gif