[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Kai still lacking as a mercenary?

MisterGrinchMisterGrinch
Vindictus Rep: 900
in Kai
I was a huge fan of the revamp but to me all the new stuff fell off pretty quickly. I still mainbow Kai and I can definitely solo bosses better thanks to the revamp, but compared to other mercs, Kai's game play can be pretty lackluster. So I ask the rest of you for your opinion on this.

Comments

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    lots of my kai friends quit beacuse of the revamp, for my peronal opinion it was a half ass revamp on bows part, what did they really do? Upgrade Mag, change a few skills in longbow mode, and make the dodge faster(Still the same 0.33invuls). pretty much he is still the same as before and with so many skills outdated like Eagle Eye.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    For Crossgun all they did was give more damage and change Perforate its a joke, doe people still tell me "Man Shut up kai is op enough, he needs to be nerfed"
    i could come up with so many ideas, but whats the point? if i get shut down by the whole community.
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    edited March 31, 2017
    but compared to other mercs, Kai's game play can be pretty lackluster.

I don't know what to really expect with Bow Kai as far as new skills or gameplay depth is concerned. I mean, it's a bow-- what more can you really do with it other than just firing bigger and bigger arrows in larger and larger numbers? I can't see him being turned into a combo based character like Lann or Karok happening and that locks out a lot of potential for new skills and ability interactions. A lot.

At the same time I can't say I personally am bored of playing Bow Kai but only because he's not my main. I haven't put in the same amount of time for the smaller amounts of stuff that he has to become stale.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited April 1, 2017
    Sef wrote: »
    but compared to other mercs, Kai's game play can be pretty lackluster.

I don't know what to really expect with Bow Kai as far as new skills or gameplay depth is concerned. I mean, it's a bow-- what more can you really do with it other than just firing bigger and bigger arrows in larger and larger numbers? I can't see him being turned into a combo based character like Lann or Karok happening and that locks out a lot of potential for new skills and ability interactions. A lot.

At the same time I can't say I personally am bored of playing Bow Kai but only because he's not my main. I haven't put in the same amount of time for the smaller amounts of stuff that he has to become stale.

They could of updated Shortbow, by letting the attspeed stat affect Rapidfire(Maybe Additional Damage Also), Shortbow Arrow Storm is pretty bad less damage then hollow shot for 500sp could of cut the sp cost in half only for shortbow mode. Eagle Eye needs an update at the very least it should add more shots when ranking it up(9 shots in total would be nice) and maybe when you fire it on a boss, you could only have to lock 1 blue mark on then when you fire it shoots the 9 shots(trying to lock all 7 marks on the boss can be a little bugged). Would be cool if you could chain a Rico Shot after a prey dive and Prey dive needs a little work beacuse sometimes it doesnt even hit, About Dodge grapple i wouldnt mind seeing if you could shoot dodge grapple say like chain link, placeing it on the ground can be a little boring sometimes. Speaking of ChainLink its fine for the most part maybe with longbow maybe on bosses it slows them down by 25%?
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    edited March 31, 2017
    i talked about Shortbow a little upthere now a few ideas they could of done for Longbow, could of added an buff when you get an headshot hit for 2-3 seconds if you hit another headshot hit within those 2-3 seconds you will get a buff idk maybe 2 stam per second for 10 seconds Or 5 sp per second for 10 secons.
    Bow kais dodge needs an upgrade for invul iframes(my own peronal opinion) .33 invuls is such a pain sometimes getting bumped up to .40-.50 would be nice.
    the combo for Magium+Rico shot on smaller bosses the rico shot aims at the ground would be nice if they fixed that so it aims at the boss like it is post to.
    idk if this is out of the ball park or w.e but l'll put it out there, it just came to me out of no where anyway what if in longbow mode Eagle eye could be focused like magshot but took say 3times longer to charage would do the same damage as eagle eye in shortbow mode but on a boss that is knocked down it gets boasted by 25% or so and can get affected by headshots.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Ideas for Gun
    would be nice if Handbomb would go off if an enemy comes close or use the E key to set it off, Crossgun kais dodge the invuls are fine how they are but maybe a little faster dodge(maybe 15%?).
    SpinSmash i wish that it was affected by attspeed same with Perforate.
    Nuke used to be great now its w.e would be nice if it was a 100% crit like bolt storm is(Btw Bolt Storm does more damage if even all hits are non headshot and Nuke is crit).
    Would be nice if more moves of Crossgun where affected by headshots like Perforate in enahnce bolt and normal bolts.

I think i might come back to this post it is pretty late where i am atm might re-think a few things for gun