[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So what's going on with DevCAT?

fewifewnewffewifewnewf
Vindictus Rep: 430
edited March 29, 2017 in Future Content
After returning, I decided to browse around the Inven forum (obviously with google translate) to see what new content is coming to our version but the last actual content update was from December which was Dullahan. Browsing around the KR mainpage there seems to be no developers update after early February (the one prior being Hurk's Teide) and today I heard about a staff member leaving DevCAT and there was some JP stream with a a group of people who gathered which I think is correlated to the staff member.

So the question is: Does anyone know what DevCAT is making to release and will they release anything in April? Has there been any teasers or news articles? Also what's that event roadmap they have going on KR atm?

edit: Lann revamp when

Xie

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 29, 2017
    edit: Lann revamp when

Another Lann revamp will come in ~5 years and then be nerfed in 5 years 1 month ;-)
    CascaKenpoBloodAngelXie
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    edited April 4, 2017
    Somebody in thai or some other asian server said that DevCat are trying to overhaul the game engine. Maybe that's why they haven't pushed content in a while.
    ToksikoTwilightSparkleMochiSweetBloodAngelLadyFayeXie
  • ToksikoToksiko
    Vindictus Rep: 730
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Somebody is thai or some other asian server said that DevCat are trying to overhaul the game engine. Maybe that's why they haven't pushed content in a while.

If that's true, it will be a miracle! +wow
    BloodAngelXie
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Somebody is thai or some other asian server said that DevCat are trying to overhaul the game engine. Maybe that's why they haven't pushed content in a while.
    pfwHbAw.png pfwHbAw.png pfwHbAw.png

This is too beautiful to be true. Even then, there's a high degree of chance that it won't turn out too well. I guess best choice would be to rebuild it on top of Source engine 2.0 or something.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    So Lann revamp when we get a new engine? I would spend all kinds of money and even more time on the game then :D
    Xie
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited March 31, 2017
    Someone on the thai or asian server also said that they're adding 3rd weapons and revamping Lynn since they are unsatisfied with current gameplay. They also mentioned that characters after Hurk won't be getting a 2nd weapon since it costs too much and would much prefer to make more female characters. The person on the thai or asian server also said that that Devcat is already making level 100 weapons and gear since it's a better number than 95. Finally the person on the thai or asian server said that the game is being revamped to open world and that the team is moving forward to making the game more like real MMOs.
    Xie
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited March 31, 2017
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    Someone on the thai or asian server also said that they're adding 3rd weapons and revamping Lynn since they are unsatisfied with current gameplay. They also mentioned that characters after Hurk won't be getting a 2nd weapon since it costs too much and would much prefer to make more female characters. The person on the thai or asian server also said that that Devcat is already making level 100 weapons and gear since it's a better number than 95. Finally the person on the thai or asian server said that the game is being revamped to open world and that the team is moving forward to making the game more like real MMOs.

don't forget about the addition of the 3rd transformation where each character gets a new weapon to use in the 2 min period of the transformation. lann uses 10 swords! that 5times more dps. fiona gets a giant ax along with her shield and a helmet that looks like a lion. evy becomes a man using mana pistol. there was other stuff, but i couldn't translate it.
    StrangerinaXie
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    +haha
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I mentioned and showed a LONG while back the HDD requirements on KR is now 30GB+ and speculated very vaguely that a new Engine may be planned. If this IS true then sweet. But we don't know whats going on in KR for that right now.
    ToksikoSlothPrincess
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited March 31, 2017
    >revamp engine
    >dont revamp brynn/ferghus when they are the #1 cause of people quitting to play other games like BDO

Derpcat at its finest. Its like watching politicians drive the economy into the ground because they only want to milk the benefits for their term of office and leave a pile of crap for everyone else to clean up later.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Question2 wrote: »
    >revamp engine
    >dont revamp brynn/ferghus when they are the #1 cause of people quitting to play other games like BDO

Derpcat at its finest. Its like watching politicians drive the economy into the ground because they only want to milk the benefits for their term of office and leave a pile of crap for everyone else to clean up later.

You don't understand. If they revamp Ferghus / Brynn to make them less punishing, this game will absolutely die.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875

They should make all regular missions open world, but not raids that would just wreck that for me imo. Quick battles would be changed then I think to only just raids and that would be perfect.
    But I mean, they did revamp Brynn and Ferg. There are passable scrolls that won't blow up your weapon/gear on failure and have a 70% stick chance. 60-80 gear won't reset until you fail trying +8-+10; the second could still be improved even more and extended all the way up to 90, but it's a start. If they give enough events and revamp the game to have features other than just killing things 24/7 it can survive for quite some time to come.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    The devs did say that after pushing out some secondary weapons for characters that they'll work on quality of life things and clean up the game a bit. Knowing DerpCat however, they'll likely just make things worse.
    ArishaL
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    BloodAngel wrote: »

They should make all regular missions open world, but not raids that would just wreck that for me imo. Quick battles would be changed then I think to only just raids and that would be perfect.

You dont want Nexon hosting your regular missions. Game is barely alive due to p2p and not requiring nexon to create servers. We already have problems with the initial server and royal raids, and making regular missions server hosted would make it even worse.
  • Question2Question2
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    Question2 wrote: »
    >revamp engine

You don't understand. If they revamp Ferghus / Brynn to make them less punishing, this game will absolutely die.

By that logic BDO should be dead. Instead its one of the most profitable and popuated MMOs currently.

Brynn/Ferghus is the #1 cause of people quitting for other MMOs. Just talk to some of the people who have quit, you will see what I mean.
  • Question2Question2
    But I mean, they did revamp Brynn and Ferg. There are passable scrolls that won't blow up your weapon/gear on failure and have a 70% stick chance. 60-80 gear won't reset until you fail trying +8-+10; the second could still be improved even more and extended all the way up to 90, but it's a start. If they give enough events and revamp the game to have features other than just killing things 24/7 it can survive for quite some time to come.

The people who quit arent going to come back because they want to use new rA scrolls on level 80 weapons. Its too little, too late.

Its all about the end game enhancing/enchanting. That is still broken unless you dont mind spamming runes. Stuff like Neamhain that practically requires you to get a +12 or +13 level 90 to attack cap doesnt help. I know two bow kais with +15 level 80 bows, full enchants and OJ gear, who refuse to play this game because they cant make +13 level 90 OJ weapons to attack cap Neam. Even some people with +15 level 90 weapons are refusing to play because they cant get scrolls to drop and/or cant get them to work.

They all just gave up and jumped ship to BDO, DOTA, plenty of other games that dont punish you for working your ass off to try to gear up.
  • Question2Question2
    BloodAngel wrote: »

Open world is cancer. I honestly dont know why some people love open world. When im leveling, i dont want some jerk running along to try to pk me, get me killed by dragging a huge train of mobs my way or killsteal everything. I remember playing a REALLY old MMORPG called Red Moon Online...some high level kept stalking me and one shotting every monster near me to stop me from leveling because he thought it was hilarious.

I dont want to waste time trying to find an unpopuated spot to grind mobs or whatever. Why do I care if I dont see 100 other players while im leveling? Its not like you communicate with other players when leveling anyway. Look at WOW and other similar open world games. When you are doing some lame "kill 10 wolves" quest or whatever, you just run past other players to look for quest mobs, you dont stop to talk or party with randoms. When you see other players its not "Oh look its another player! I LOVE to see other players!". Your reaction is going to be more like "Oh great now i have to find somewhere else to grind these mobs because theres another guy here."

Instances are great because they avoid all those problems. What would be better is if it was easier to find people to party with in those instances. Quick battle only works for end game because nobody is going to sit on the boat waiting for randoms to join for a low level instance. Also the whole p2p + lag + region lock REALLY kills population numbers.
    Callisthene
    edited April 2, 2017
    Open world is great when it gives players new areas to explore and things to try. It would be great if this game had more to do than just kill things 24/7. Daily missions and titles that could be achieved outside of room-to-room dungeons would be perfection.

As to Brynn & Ferg, changes would be welcome. Less punishment would be grand, but even in BDO items can be lost going for the absolute top tier. Anyway, we'll see what happens, but I agree that more high level gear needs to be attainable for all.
    Lol I think its also cause of the enhancement system, its way too punishing. The servers might have quite a few people quitting but I think most just rage quit after blowing up their gear.
    OP speaks for themselves tbh. I don't know of anyone that quit due to bad servers.

most people I know who quit did so because of enchanting or boredom. More of the former than the latter.
    For me this
    ing rigged RNG in enchanting and drops is more frustrating...
    Eh no. I severely disagree. Not saying this isn't a thing that causes people to quit, but I don't see how you can honestly think RNG, balance, grinding, or the overall scammy nature of the cash shop aren't bigger factors.

RNG in KR games is sadly a way of life. It's just funny because there are all these mobile games being developed because even a lot of Korean players are wanting to be more casual, yet these traditional AAA titles continue to pile on the RNG.

Gear at the highest level is still destroyed on failure, and the pain of even trying to get to that point is still over-the-top. It really isn't greener pastures, it's just that the pain comes later.
    MochiSweet
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    lol... "killing things 24\7". This is literally the crux of hack-n-slash games. Vindi's selling point is its combat system, and combat is usually accompanied by "killing things 24\7". Not to mention Vindi already has daily missions, missions boards, rankings, no-life titles, fishing, browser-tier mini games and various other gimmicks. Most players ignore all that because guess what... They play Vindi to "kill things 24\7", as that's what Vindi is about (as any other hack-n-slash).

It's like going to a vegan store and be like "It's a nice store but I wish they sold more than just vegan stuff". It's a vegan store. It sells vegan stuff. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do. If you want non-vegan stuff, don't go into a vegan store. Why would you walk into a vegan store and ask for non-vegan stuff, that's just so illogical.

Vindi is hack-n-slash. Hacking and slashing things 24\7 is exactly what it's supposed to offer. lol

I know this is off-topic but I was just flabbergasted by this "this hack-n-slash game is too hack-n-slashy" comment.

BloodAngelCallistheneSlothPrincessSeigaku