[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Super lucky gold bonus : gold stuck in ceiling

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Bug Reporting
http://i.imgur.com/bZwQhSI.jpg

The gold bars from the super lucky gold bonus may spawn in the ceiling, behind invisible walls, etc and cannot be picked up by any available means. As far as I can tell, they do not auto-teleport to the player either and no amount of waiting makes them move to the player's inventory automatically like erg crystals do. This makes the gold unobtainable.
UsagiiiKun

Comments

• CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 28, 2017
    I didn't know such a gold mine existed 0.o.

I wouldn't call this a "bug" per-say, just a side effect of the Source Engine's way of handling physics. Stuff like this has happened since the game's release & can't be "fixed" without tweaking the game's engine I'd assume. An easy fix however would be to make gold auto-teleport to the player which sounds more like a suggestion rather than a bugfix. I'd recommend making a similar thread under suggestions & hopefully it can be pushed along.
    Ehgess
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    As Cloakshire said, that's the source engine being what it is. The devs have mentioned something about auto-pickup as a possibility, but nothing is set in stone.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Things going out of the map exist as long as the game does. At some point they made that "FINISH" mob auto-finish themselves after a moment, and drops (from finish, normal and from broken objects like ergs) automatically teleport to the player (party leader?). However, this does not affect money and HP-ergs (the red ones that heals upon picking them up). It's sad given fact usually up to half of the gold bars go out.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    If we are going by the definition of "bug" :
    A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.

And unless devcat intentionally coded the lucky bonus so that it would spawn gold out of reach of players...then I think most people would agree that its not an intended effect of the bonus to spawn gold that players can see but are unable to obtain...

Either way, arguing over the definition isnt very productive...the question is whether this can get fixed somehow...
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 30, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Unless devcat intentionally coded the lucky bonus so that it would spawn gold out of reach of players...then I think most people would agree that its not an intended effect of the bonus to spawn gold that players can see but are unable to obtain...

Either way, arguing over the definition isnt very productive...the question is whether this can get fixed somehow...

Myself and a GM have already stated that it's not technically a bug but rather a side effect of the source engine's way of handling physics. The only way for this to be fixed would be for them to go into the game engine's code and rework the way physics are handled. The source engine is about 13 years old and the likelihood of them going back to change it just for this one insignificant flaw is slim to none. This is something you're just going to have to deal with.

If you want to talk about being productive, why not navigate your way to the suggestions area of the forums and create a thread about having gold drops teleport to the player. That seems much more productive than trying to prove this is a bug by using a definition you copy/pasted from google.

Suggestions area is this way: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/categories/suggestions-and-feedback