[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

[CheatBan] EU error

RefulgencyRefulgency
Vindictus Rep: 410
in Account Support
Hello,

At approximately 3:40 PM PST I was kicked out of the game and received an "This account has violated policy. Please submit a ticket for further assistance" message. About an hour and ten minutes later I tried to log in again and received an error that says, "[CheatBan] EU."

Originally, I was convinced that this was for an issue with selling NX in-game in the form of gifts. (I have a screenshot from GM Ehgess saying that gifting players NX items from depot for gold is considered trading, and is different from selling NX codes for gold.)

But now that I have the [CheatBan] EU error I am very confused... because I play in the East server (always have since day #1) and I live in North Dakota.

Has anyone else received this error? Is there something I can do on my end besides waiting for a response on my ticket?

Thank you for the help.

Sidenote, here are two screenshots

First: imgur.com/OiRx2uk
^ This one is the [CheatBan] EU error

Second: imgur.com/p8zYuTJ
^ This one is the screenshot of GM Ehgess saying that trading gifts for gold is not bannable.

Sorry, I am not sure how to add the actual pictures to the post.

Comments

• RefulgencyRefulgency
    And yes, I have filed a ticket. Just really confused.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited March 26, 2017
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/3411/so-how-does-it-work-when-you-get-banned selling nx is banable , when you sell you need to be clear you gift them for gold
  • RefulgencyRefulgency
    Madcobra wrote: »

I'm very aware that selling CODES on bannable. I sold gifts from the depot to people in game, which is legal based on what the GM said in the screenshot. I never sold a code to anyone for gold. Only gifts from the depot.

I'm still not understanding [CheatBan] EU.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    You will have to wait for your ticket reply.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Dealer wrote: »
    Mainichi wrote: »
    It is not.
    But you can gift nx items for gold at your own risk.

However you need to be clear you are trading the gifts if you opt to do that.

Their post said they were selling NX gift though, so....
    Ragnastorm wrote: »
    oh wow? nx selling is allowed now? that was a big no no back in the day lmfao

Just clearing things up.

Also when I've been on EU I haven't seen the traders be clear on that point. I also haven't seen players be clear about it on forums and have had to moderate posts due to that. So it seems like something that needs to be said, regardless of what FUASHO posted.

EU players have always been 'refering' to this gifting items for ingame gold as 'NX selling'.
    It's abit 'weird' to expect the EU players to refer to this kind of trading in any other way.

If you guys have problems with it, make some official posts about it, and find a solution.
    How do people in West/East refer to this kind of gifting when they make a megaphone about it?
  • DealerDealer
    I have seen megas saying Trading or Selling (NX) Gifts .

I don't really look for them though, but if by reading the ad you cannot tell that the person is only selling gifts, then that is a problem.
  • JynXiJynXi
    edited March 26, 2017
    I have seen megas saying Trading or Selling (NX) Gifts .

I don't really look for them though, but if by reading the ad you cannot tell that the person is only selling gifts, then that is a problem.

You end up banning the whole EU community this way. Why don't you make a serious announcement about it on the website or put it in a notice in the EU server? (That orange text I mean that appears when server shuts down)

And trust me, I've been an EU player for 5 years if not longer. This has always go like this so its absurd if you start banning people for 'writing in a way' that was the right way before the merge, but is a wrong AFTER the merge.

I'm not saying you are wrong and that you don't have a point, but I think it is wrong to 'randomly' start banning when the EU community has no idea what they are doing wrong because it was stated earlier in megaphone that it is allowed, but out of nowhere the way they 'say' it, is a problem now.

tldr; Communicate with the EU server what is allowed or not, and dont randomly change these rules.
    MadcobraSylphide
  • DealerDealer
    Just as the GM said; trading gifts for gold is ok. Selling NX is not.

Make sure you make it clear you are not doing the latter since the rules are enforced in this service.
  • JynXiJynXi
    edited March 28, 2017
    Just as the GM said; trading gifts for gold is ok. Selling NX is not.

Make sure you make it clear you are not doing the latter since the rules are enforced in this service.

They thought it was clear enough, because they were always refering to that trading gifts for gold as 'nx selling'. Thats why they all got so confused.
    I can understand that the way they 'sell it' is causing trouble, but isnt it abit short minded to 'perm ban' someone who is doing nothing wrong in the first place, then gets 'confirmed in his opinion (whole eu server thought so) that it is allowed what he is doing and that there is nothing wrong how he writes it down', and then gets perma banned because out of the blue 'the way he writes it down, is wrong'?

Its ok that you have some rules here, but make sure to atleast inform the EU server what they are doing wrong before you start perma ban people out of the blue while they nothing wrong in the end.

I was looking at the ToS:
    You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift, or trade any account, and any such attempt shall be null and void and may result in the forfeiture of your account. This does not apply to gifts of NX or virtual items.

'This does not apply to gifts of NX'
    So this means ingame trading nx items like 'High Elf Princess Package', for an X amount of ingame gold, is allowed, right?
  • SylphideSylphide
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited April 11, 2017
    Did you ever get this problem resolved because i just got that same CheatBan EU pop up when i tried to log in.

All I had open when i tried to log in was nexon launcher, Google Chrome with vindictus forums, and a enhance simulator that was linked in general discussion. I'm also in east server and never touched the EU server.
    I have never traded or gifted any NX before, so i don't think that is the cause.

unlike op I never received "this account have violated policy" notice, just a server connection error and a CheatBan notice when i attempt to relog.
    61a6m8P.jpg
    I got this notice first.
    YLlk0tj.jpg
    And this one when i tried to relog.

Solved
    So i filed in a ticket and found out my account was mismanaged by an agent.
    I hope it was the same case for you op.