[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Only Lann negatively effected by controller update

KenpoKenpo
Vindictus Rep: 675
edited March 23, 2017 in Lann
Some bad news if you play as a Lann with a controller.
http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4162/hate-the-changes-made-to-controller-mode-lann

Missing quite a few crits in groups when i can't hear the crit sound or see the flash with low settings. Still looking for a fix for this, but i'm starting to think there might not be one...

Comments

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    Don't know why you would play this game or any game designed for a computer with a controller. But I guess this stinks for those that already decided to use a less robust interaction system.
  • KenpoKenpo
    ikevi wrote: »
    Don't know why you would play this game or any game designed for a computer with a controller. But I guess this stinks for those that already decided to use a less robust interaction system.

When I first starting playing I couldn't get used to keyboard/mouse, maybe because i'm left handed....i'm not sure. Most games I play with keyboard but some I find far easier and just overall better with controller.

I can use left toggle to move and when I push the toggle in (xbox controller) that's my run button. The right toggle controls all camera movement and my fingers naturally rest on LT and RT which is my normal and smash. Also my thumb stays on "A" for dodge which also hits that right toggle so I can make any camera adjustments literally without any movement.

• ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 24, 2017
    I am not saying you can't figure out a way to make it work for you. Just saying you are loosing out (assuming one is physically capable of using a mouse/keyboard.)

Quick question how do you actually see what you are dodging from? I guess I am extremely used to constantly changing my camera direction.

In general for lann I have it setup such that I use 17 keys on my keyboard to just play + 6 keys on my mouse + normal aiming/camera function of mouse. (If I chat or use emots, etc I obviously use nearly all my keys.)

(keyboard is q,w,e,a,s,d,z,f, space, shift, 1,2,3,4,5, F12, alt (there are plenty others that I use in addition, but keys like 6-0 aren't used in combat much)

Toss in F10 for lako, and F11 to sit every once in a while + F1 to say nice when someone does something I like ;-) these keys I am not counting.

Mouse has left, right click, 2 thumbs for SP based attacks + middle does swapping quick key bar + scrolls the chat screen when I want.)

I am sure I am missing another key, but your 2 joysticks basically removes the wasd keys and the mouse's traditional capability. That still leaves over 19 keys to map, and the last controller I used had 12 unless you are forcing yourself to toggle or use a multi direction LL out of the way pad which I hate.

Obviously folks can make any setup work for them. I just am amazed at how much work once has to put it to take a system that was designed for a keyboard + mouse into a gamepad. (And I absolutely hate any counsole port that doesn't allow me to use all the extra keys/mapping capabilities that a gaming keyboard + mouse allows for.)
  • KenpoKenpo
    Just trying to find a fix and let people know the changes made, not trying to debate which is better. The controller is better for ME.

Also hurk deflect seems to not show either with controller.