[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enhancement process (pre-Rise)

SirRFISirRFI
Vindictus Rep: 7,360
edited July 23, 2017 in Battle Quests and Guides

Enhancement is a process that attempts to upgrade item's enhancement rank, increasing it's stats. The service is offered by Ferghus in Colhen. Only weapons, armors and shields can be enhanced. Enhancement rank grants set bonuses to the item, depending on item type. Additionally, maximum durability of the item is increased and weight decreased.

This process requires enhancement stones with adequate grade to the item's level, also as enhancement elixirs at certain enhancement ranks and gold fee. The requirements, success chance and penalty on failure depends on item level grade and enhancement rank. Along with enhancement rank, requirements increase and success chance decreases.

Enhancement process can fail, which will decrease the item's base maximum durability and either decrease the enhancement rank, reset it to none, or destroy the item. Destroyed items will return some of the item's ingredients/parts, and some enhancement stones used in the process. The process can be cancelled before and in middle of it with no consequences, and can be assisted by various protective runes or similar.

Please note that the item will become bound upon reaching +9 rank or above.

NDxMggb.png

Enhancement rank is shown as number after plus (+) symbol in the item's name, preceding everything, as shown in following example:
+11 Twinkling Maelstrom Heremon Twin Sword
XHzdv1j.png
Enhancement rank of this item is 11.

♦ Enhancement details ♦

Requirements:
srv6i5q.png

Benefits:
cnzwvZx.jpg

Click here to see on-web

♦ Ingredients ♦
  • MKpKwTl.png Enhancement Stone
    A stone used for enhancing weapons and equipment items below level 20.
    Can be obtained by defeating powerful enemies. The higher the density of the stone, the more powerful the enhancement.

Ferghus can enhance your items.
    Functionality: Ingredient used to enhance items from 1 to 19 level.

• nuNDBHg.png Advanced Enhancement Stone
    A stone used for enhancing weapons and equipment items below level 40.
    Can be obtained by defeating powerful enemies. The higher the density of the stone, the more powerful the enhancement.

Functionality: Ingredient used to enhance items from 20 to 39 level.

• 5wrA01z.png Epic Enhancement Stone
    A stoned used to enhance weapons or equipment below level 59.
    Powerful enemies carry these. The quality of the stone is based on its density.
    The more dense, the more powerful.

Speak to Ferghus to enhance your items.
    Functionality: Ingredient used to enhance items from 40 to 59 level.

• u7HaJ69.png Empowered Enhancement Stone
    A stone used for enhancing weapons and equipment items below level 80.
    Can be obtained by defeating powerful enemies. The higher the density of the stone. the more powerful the enhancement.

Functionality: Ingredient used to enhance items from 60 to 80 level.

• G2dNVVR.png Paradise Enhancement Stone
    A stone used to enhance weapons or equipment below level 90.
    Powerful enemies carry these. The quality of the stone is based on its density.
    The more dense, the more powerful.

Functionality: Ingredient used to enhance 90 level items (probably 95 as well).

• 5xbamBB.png Enhancement Elixir
    Elixir that can be used when enhancing a weapon or equipment. It draws the latent power from the equipment items, but it may also cause greater penalty.

You can enhance items with Ferghus.
    Functionality: Ingredient required during higher enhancement rank process.

• 9fyO2Ln.png Goibhniu's Enhancement Stone
    This stone, named after the legendary blacksmith Goibhniu, can be used to enhance weapons or equipment. Some rumors claim that this stone is the origin of all enhancement power and came from his body.
    Increases success rate by 10% based on the equipment Enhancement Level.
    This stone, named after the legendary blacksmith Goibhniu, can be used to enhance weapons or equipment. Some rumors claim that this stone is the origin of all enhancement power and came from his body.

Increases enhancement success rate by 3% if used as enhancement material.
    Can be used as enhancement material in place of existing Enhancement Stones (Enhancement Stone, Advanced Enhancement Stone, Epic Enhancement Stone, Exquisite Enhancement Stone, and Paradise Enhancement Stone).

Functionality: Replaces enhancement stones in the process - only 1 stone is used instead. Multiplies enhancement success chance by 110%. Example: 0.33*1.1=0.363 (33% → 36,3%)
PrototypemindKrevosSlothPrincessRobertLiviaErtxz18Order5NakrastRobeguyCielSuccubusosap

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    edited May 11, 2017
    ♦ Runes ♦
    • mczOIHO.png Unstable Enhancement Rune
      A special protective rune which, if used when enhancing an item, prevents penalties from failure. This rune can be used only when the item risks lowered Enhance level or more severe penalty. Not consumed if successful.
      Functionality: Protects the item from negative effects. Usable from 4 to 9 enhancement rank. Consumed on use.

• CjthYuW.png Enhancement Rune
      A special protective rune which, if used when enhancing an item, prevents penalties from failure. This rune can be used only when the item risks lowered Enhance level or more severe penalty. Cannot be used for enhancements from 11 and up, and is not consumed if successful.
      Functionality: Protects the item from negative effects. Usable from 4 to 9 enhancement rank. Consumed on failure.

• 4K8Gid5.png Premium Enhancement Rune
      This rune will protect your items from failure penalties that can occur during enhancement, including potential destruction. Can be used when attempting enhancements at +10 to +11. The rune will be consumed if the enhancement is unsuccessful. Ferghus can enhance your items.
      Functionality: Protects the item from negative effects. Usable at 10 enhancement rank. Consumed on failure.

• AkfIhf7.png Special Enhancement Rune
      This rune will protect your items from failure penalties that occur during enhancement, including potential destruction. Can be used when attempting enhancements at +11 to +12. Rune will be consumed if the enhancement is unsuccessful.
      Functionality: Protects the item from negative effects. Usable at 11 enhancement rank. Consumed on failure.

• 4UiWjnL.png Enhancement Protection Rune (+10 - +12)
      This rune can only be used on items with enhancement rank of +10 and +11.
      Should the enhancement attempt fail, the rune will be consumed and the item's rank will also be reset to +0.
      Functionality: Unknown - need information or verification.

• 4UiWjnL.png Gear Protection Rune
      If item enhancement fails when this is an ingredient, the equipment and weapons will be protected, but the enhancement will be removed. You can use it when you are risking a penalty equal to or greater than the enhancement level decreasing. Item is consumed upon failure.

• 4UiWjnL.png Gear Protection Rune (+10-12)
      If item enhancement fails when this is an ingredient, the equipment and weapons will be protected, but the enhancement level will go down by 3. You can use it from +10 to +12. Item is consumed upon failure.

• s1Aw573.png Premium Armor Enhancement Rune
      This rune will protect your armor from failure penalties that can occur during enhancement, including potential destruction. Can be used when attempting enhancements at +11 or +12 enhancements. The rune will be consumed if the enhancement is unsuccessful. Cannot be used on shields.

• 3AU5j6Z.png Extraction Rune
      You can use this rune as a material when enhancing an item with an Enchant or with its additional stats unlocked through Material Synthesis. If used, the rune will extract the Enchant and the materials for ATT Limit Removal and Damage Reflection when an item is destroyed due to an enhancement failure. The rune will be consumed if the enhancement is unsuccessful. The extracted Enchant will have a 100% success rate and will not expire.

Caution
      - The Enchant and the materials for ATT Limit Removal and Damage Reflection will be bound to you upon retrieving it.
      - If an Extraction Rune is used to retrieve the Enchant and materials, the destroyed item will not have the Enchant or the additional stats when restored.
      - The retrieved synthesis materials will not have the unlocked stats.
      - Dianann can dismantle and extract without enhancing an item.

♦ Miscellaneous ♦
    • FTuLBd5.png +# Enhancement Coupon
      A coupon that immediately enhances a piece of equipment or weapon to #.
      This coupon won't work on items that can't be enhanced.

- Right-click to use.
      - Expires 30 days after receipt.
      - Once a piece of equipment reaches +9 enhancement or above, it will be bound to you.
      A coupon that immediately enhances a piece of equipment to #.
      This coupon won't work on items that can't be enhanced.
      Right-click to use.
      Expires 7 days after receipt.
      Once a piece of equipment reaches +9 enhancement or above, it will be bound to you.
      Functionality: Increases selected item's enhancement rank by #, up to +10, unless the coupon itself has greater value.
      Examples:
      +3 coupon & +8 item → +10 item
      +14 coupon & +11 item → +14 item
      Expiration: Varies. Expiration affects only the coupon usability.
      Others: Some coupons requires the character to have required level of the item, in order to use the coupon on it. Example: 60 level character may be unable to use +10 coupon on a 90 level weapon.

• 0JApCYS.png Lubber's Sketchy Enhancement Coupon
      A coupon that can randomly change the enhancement rank of an item to anywhere between +10 to +15.
      Can only be used on items with +14 and lower.
      Cannot be used on items with fixed stats.
      Right-click to use.
      Cannot use after expiration.
      Functionality: Sets selected item's enhancement rank to random value between +10 and +15, but does not decrease it. Example: +12 item will not change to +10.
      Expiration: Varies. Expiration affects only the coupon usability.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited May 11, 2017

Thread has been split onto few posts, because the character limit per post is currently limited to 8000.

Notify me if there is an error or misleading information. Suggestions are also welcomed.

Please upvote the posts if You appreciate my work.

Lastly, please support TBALE BBcode on the forums, so I can format threads like this better.
  • KrevosKrevos
    Vindictus Rep: 455
    Good work. This will help players who want to know exact values before enhancing.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 10, 2017
    Overall the guide is good, but some info is missing or incorrect.

The DEF benefits for armor is not generic and is incorrect. Only level 90 armor share the same benefits as plate, and anything lower is still based on what type of armor it is. The DEF gained when armor is destroyed is also a percentage rather than a flat number. Additionally, all weapons and armor gain a weight reduction when enhanced.
    http://i.imgur.com/cnzwvZx.jpg

Adding on a bit of minor information: your item can temporarily surpass the 200 durability cap when you successfully enhance it, but this display will fix itself and drop to 200 upon re-logging.

Staves and scythes also have a separate ATT value, which is notably strange in its increases, and its exact uses are still a mystery to me although I suspect it affects kick damage.
    SirRFI
  • SirRFISirRFI
    edited May 11, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    The DEF benefits for armor is not generic and is incorrect.[ Only level 90 armor share the same benefits as plate, and anything lower is still based on what type of armor it is.
    When making the table I compared weapon stats mostly, and eventually got into believing that items use the general formulas that has been added later on. Whether the pre-90 lv cloth vs light vs etc. difference still exist is to be tested - I will do that once server is up again.

The DEF gained when armor is destroyed is also a percentage rather than a flat number. Additionally, all weapons and armor gain a weight reduction when enhanced.
    DEF when destroyed - indeed it is, apparently I accidently pasted HP values instead.
    Weight - yes, but to be honest it's irrelevant since Season 2.

Who's author of this? Perhaps I could contact and use it here, otherwise make my own.

Adding on a bit of minor information: your item can temporarily surpass the 200 durability cap when you successfully enhance it, but this display will fix itself and drop to 200 upon re-logging.
    Exceeding the limitation is more of a bug. I might mention it in Durability thread.

Staves and scythes also have a separate ATT value, which is notably strange in its increases, and its exact uses are still a mystery to me although I suspect it affects kick damage.
    Unsure about Staff, but Scythe was hybrid in Season 1 and partially benefited off ATK. I think other INT characters also get lower ATK benefit.

Thanks for contribution. Also looking for details/confirmation about functionality of some runes, as I haven't used them myself and description tends to be misleading. Most of them can be guessed, but I prefer to be sure rather than risk spreading misinformation.

Ps. I am waiting with progressing Enchant thread until the next episode changes are here.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 11, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    The DEF benefits for armor is not generic and is incorrect.[ Only level 90 armor share the same benefits as plate, and anything lower is still based on what type of armor it is.
    When making the table I compared weapon stats mostly, and eventually got into believing that items use the general formulas that has been added later on. Whether the pre-90 lv cloth vs light vs etc. difference still exist is to be tested - I will do that once server is up again.
    Who's author of this? Perhaps I could contact and use it here, otherwise make my own.

I am the one that created the chart, but the information was a collective effort from many informants and testers alongside myself. Everyone is free to use it or copy selected information to better suit specific guides such as yours. The level 90 armor stats were last checked during the first week of March, but the last thorough check of all stats was done in February. I know for a fact that the materials needed for enhancement is now out of date because the Alban Festival update reduced the materials required for lower level equipment.

Also, I am glad that you are making such a thorough and informative guide, including any and all relevant information because I planned on abandoning my chart. In fact, I was originally going to abandon it after the Neamhain update, but a bunch of crybabies (no offense to my friends) begged me to update my chart.
    You can find all the resources I provide on this thread: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/1913/order5s-resource-charts
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited May 13, 2017
    Attack stat from staff is a relic of the past, from before thor was released. Staff had regular meelee swings, with magic arrow being the right click smash. You can still see this ancient staff gameplay used by doppelgangers in lab.

Old s1 scythe was a hybrid in the sense that most moves used attack stat, while mark DoT and invisible loom/bloody thread (which is most of your damage output) used matt. It got changed to all matt somewhere around dragons release.

Today, the only things evie use attack stat for is kicks and left click attacking with one handed objects (such as jars). The difference is very notable when doing object yeti title.

Pre-90 armor enhancement differences are still there. Enhancing cloth to +10 gives you less def than enhancing plate to +6.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Regarding enhancement def boost: I made quick test using low level stuff - your table is accurate, @Order5. Updated the post with your table, but I/we should still update the online spreadsheet at some point.

Given latest korean patch notes ("Rise" update) - statements from my last posts are "sorta confirmed", as they are removing weight system and are going to make everything benefit the same.