[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
Closed

Tickets to spend

CessaCessa
Vindictus Rep: 1,680
in General Discussion
In the latest event we were given 8 tickets to buy stuff with.

If you didn't get the Premium Enhancement Rune + Premium Enchant Rune/Giobhniu Stone + Goddess Grace then I pity you.
The 10-12 Gear rune is a noob trap item. As is the Inner Coupon and Merc Pots.

10-12 does not help you enhance at all. If your weapon is +10 it fails it goes back to 7. Should've had Premium Enhancement Rune instead.
If your weapon is 11 it goes back to 8. Better that it just blow up going to +12 than it going back to +8 only to have you spend more money to get it to 10 again. Then good luck at 11.
If your weapon is 12 it goes back to 9. Again, better it just blow up. Money to 10, and then good luck on 11 and 12 again.

The Inner provides no stats.
The merc pot need not be used at all. And a party grace is much more difficult to come by.

That leaves 3 items left. The Premium Enhancement Rune is a dead given. You must take this.
If you don't have a lot of money for Premium Enchant Runes and you're not all decked in double enchanted endgame gear then get the Premium Enchant Rune.
If not then get the Goibhniu.

Sorry, maybe I should've made this post at the start of the event.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Such negativity, but yeah, have to agree with the gear protection and merc potions.

Though, what's wrong with getting a permanent inner armor that saves you on AP in the long run, where you can spend more on restoring gear if it booms and less on buying the same thing every week?

Premium enhancement, perhaps if you have a +10 that wants to go for +11, but last I checked, it only works for that tier... so what if I already have a +11?

3 ticks for one stone... that's maybe supposed to go hand in hand to boost your chances of getting a +11 or +12 (assuming you still have the special rune from the jump event of 2015).

Premium enchant, definitely a must considering the new R6 scrolls coming soon.

rest can be spent on party graces in case something goes wrong in said run.

Total is 8 earned if you attended all weekend events.

you get 2 of the 3 ticket items, and then extra two is spent on graces.

I usually leave it up to the choice of the user and not graze the sheep to death. To each of their own I suppose.
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited March 18, 2017
    Really?

I can count the Free Inner opportunites on one hand...across 6 years.

Not everyone is motivated by l33t 30k220.

Noob trap rune is noob trap, sure. The rest is subjective. Take out the acid in what you say.
    MrGattoOkatsuController001
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited March 18, 2017
    jjX wrote: »
    Really?

I can count the Free Inner opportunites on one hand...across 6 years.

Not everyone is motivated by l33t 30k220.

Noob trap rune is noob trap, sure. The rest is subjective. Take out the acid in what you say.

Agreed.
    Not everyone is a die hard min maxer.

I'm comfortable with my stats on my Evie so I took out the +11 rune 'in case I ever make a lvl 95 wep' and the inner coupon cause my old one did not fit my current look and I can't afford to buy it with real money. O yea thanks again for removing Tirs..
    Controller001
  • CessaCessa
    edited March 19, 2017
    Multiple fishing events have given any participating player more than enough inner armor coupons to last for 2+ years.
    And you can change these constantly as well.

Inner Armor is a guaranteed. There is no RNG, there is no chance, there is no blowing it up later trying to improve it, once you get it it is yours. Even if you're a teenager living at home I find it difficult you can't beg your mom for 10 dollars for Karma Koin or go around to more affluent neighbors and rake leaves or mow lawns for a few bucks in your "six" years to get an inner armor or two.

But no amount of lawn mowing, no amount of begging your mom, nothing you can do can guarantee you a +15 weapon.
    The Premium Enhancement Rune at least helps in that regard, no matter how marginal. The Inner Armor? Doesn't help at all.

Also, how many free Premium Enhancement Runes have we gotten now? I count 4? I don't know about you but I have 5 fingers... If you got 6 Premium Enhancement Runes free please link me to the events so I can see what I missed. It should please you because you'll have instantly put a downer on my day knowing I missed a Premium Enhancement Rune.
    But right now I count 3 in my main's inventory and I know I used 1 last year. So my count is 4 Premium Enhancement Runes. May have been 5? But I know 4 for sure.

Again, if you're satisfied with something that you can buy for less than an hour of wage at McDonald's then more's the power to you. But whatever the case, I pity you if you picked that up instead of the Premium Enhancement Rune, the Premium Enchant Rune, or the Goibhniu Stone.
    MrGatto wrote: »
    I'm comfortable with my stats on my Evie so I took out the +11 rune 'in case I ever make a lvl 95 wep' and the inner coupon cause my old one did not fit my current look and I can't afford to buy it with real money. O yea thanks again for removing Tirs..

Obviously not comfortable enough to not take the Premium Enhancement Rune.
    Obviously not enough foresight to also grab the the Premium Enchant Rune in case you ever make a level 95 weapon and get a nice enchant scroll to throw on it as well.

The money you will have to spend to get that Premium Enchant Rune or that Premium Enhancement Rune outstrips the cost of an inner armor.
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    edited March 18, 2017
    Cessa wrote: »

Obviously not comfortable enough to not take the Premium Enhancement Rune.
    Obviously not enough foresight to also grab the the Premium Enchant Rune in case you ever make a level 95 weapon and get a nice enchant scroll to throw on it as well.

The money you will have to spend to get that Premium Enchant Rune or that Premium Enhancement Rune outstrips the cost of an inner armor.

First of all,you forgot that now after the merge not everyone is an American player here.
    I'm not.

I have a +13 right judgment Scythe on my Evie which is more than enough,the only reason I might make a lvl 95 is the extra crit for future content.

And no there wont be any money to spent on runes or whatever cause I'm a free to play player,been playing since the beta and the only stuff I bought were cosmetics,so theres that.
    I still have runes from previous events anyway.

+Drop the attitude,ppl have different preferences and needs ya know.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Not sure why you choose to be so toxic, OP, but there's really no need for it.

The free inner was more than worthwhile to get extra inners for certain characters or for those who didn't have them. The gear rune can also be worthwhile. Now technically I'll never know if putting the rune in place cause me to roll at a time when I failed when otherwise I would have succeeded, but assuming that the rolls are truly random then the rune gave me three chances to go for +12 on a single item with equal chance of success each time. That is very much worthwhile. I actually used the other coins for an extra Premium Enchant rune, but that along with the Protection Rune is a great combination.

Lastly, you forget that odds are we will get additional Exquisite Enchant Runes in future events. That is something that's a much better value than a second chance at a scroll with the Premium. Stop acting like your absolutes are the only way to go. Your threads seem to be either you trying to dictate to everyone else how they should be playing or complaining about how much the game sucks. Take a break, get some air.

74065264.jpg
  • PutFrostPutFrost
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    How did the +12 rune let you go to +12 three times with equal chances of success?
    It let me try for +12 three times. Fail, back to +8, enhance to +11 again, fail, pop, restore, try for +12 again.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    I got a Prem. Enchant Rune for my Evie for a future Righteous Scrolling attempt. Wanna know something else?

I got the Inner Armor. Why? Because it was something I wanted for my FIona. Wanna know why else?

My Lynn already has a +11 90 Weapon. (Didn't even need a rune, either)
    My Arisha already has a +11 90 Weapon. (Used a previous Prem. Enhance Rune. It worked. Can't transfer. What now?)
    I didn't even need a rune to get my Evie's weapon to +12.

Did I feel like I got worthwhile stuffs? You damn right I did, because I got the stuff I WANTED and NEEDED. Plain and simple.

I didn't have to worry about RNGesus, because the inner armor is, as you JUST said, GUARANTEED. Some people like the simpler things in life.
  • CessaCessa
    edited March 19, 2017
    It let me try for +12 three times. Fail, back to +8, enhance to +11 again, fail, pop, restore, try for +12 again.

What are the chances of going from +8 to +11 again without using runes?
    You were in the percentage that succeeded that.
    Every other person that tried that without runes lost their weapon before getting to +11 again.
    Good job seeing the situation from only your point of view. You're not unique in being able to do this though so nothing special about that kind of tunneled egoism.
    'm comfortable with my stats on my Evie so I took out the +11 rune 'in case I ever make a lvl 95 wep' and the inner coupon cause my old one did not fit my current look and I can't afford to buy it with real money. O yea thanks again for removing Tirs..

And no there wont be any money to spent on runes or whatever cause I'm a free to play player,been playing since the beta and the only stuff I bought were cosmetics,so theres that.

A free player that bought cosmetics.
    Yes, I am a dheagdeg that jfiwjf2ad.

If that doesn't make sense to you you should then understand my situation.

What are the chances of going from +8 to +11 again without using runes?
    You were in the percentage that succeeded that.
    Every other person that tried that without runes lost their weapon before getting to +11 again.
    Good job seeing the situation from only your point of view. You're not unique in being able to do this though so nothing special about that kind of tunneled egoism.

You really are nuts. Did anyone say I didn't use runes? We have airtights and Growth Packages in game. We have free runes from events. Heck, we can even--get this, brace yourself cause it's pretty crazy--buy them directly from the Supply Depot, often on sale. Please just don't reply to me anymore and I'll do the same with you. Your responses are so incessantly nasty that I don't want to deal with you from this point forward.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited March 18, 2017
    Kinda wished a simple Goibhniu stone would be 2 tickets, had to buy 2 graces since having 2 tickets was pointless. (bought prem enchant rune + inner with the 6 others)
    Better than nothing.
  • CessaCessa
    edited March 19, 2017
    You really are nuts. Did anyone say I didn't use runes? We have airtights and Growth Packages in game. We have free runes from events. Heck, we can even--get this, brace yourself cause it's pretty crazy--buy them directly from the Supply Depot, often on sale. Please just don't reply to me anymore and I'll do the same with you. Your responses are so incessantly nasty that I don't want to deal with you from this point forward.

So you used runes to go from +8 to +11 again? Or at least just +8 to +10?
    If so, you gave up your chance for attempting +12 FOUR times.

Your original +11 weapon breaks going +12. x1
    Restore, break it going +12 again. x2

Make a new weapon, chance enhance it to +8 (hey, if you're overflowing with runes like how you make it sound might as well just use runes as early as you can and ensure that +8, right?). Rune to +11.
    Break it going +12. x3
    Restore, break it going +12 again. x4

I reiterate, that 10-12 rune was a waste. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. *shrugs*
    Let me sprinkle some of my pity dust on you. lol
    Kinda wished a simple Goibhniu stone would be 2 tickets, had to buy 2 graces since having 2 tickets was pointless. (bought prem enchant rune + inner with the 6 others)
    Better than nothing.

I know. Stupid 3 tickets for a Goib stone. uuuggghhh
    I had to spend my two on the grace. I'm literally sitting here with over 300 party graces and 600 graces. I think I've used three in the last two years. -_-
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    edited March 19, 2017
    'm comfortable with my stats on my Evie so I took out the +11 rune 'in case I ever make a lvl 95 wep' and the inner coupon cause my old one did not fit my current look and I can't afford to buy it with real money. O yea thanks again for removing Tirs..

A free player that bought cosmetics.
    Yes, I am a dheagdeg that jfiwjf2ad.

If that doesn't make sense to you you should then understand my situation.

Did you ever heard about Tirs?
    I guess no,you could buy stuff with it w/o spending real money on EU.

Anyway you don't worth the time,just another elitist wannabe with a 'my way is the only' attitude.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    I know. Stupid 3 tickets for a Goib stone. uuuggghhh
    I had to spend my two on the grace. I'm literally sitting here with over 300 party graces and 600 graces. I think I've used three in the last two years. -_-

Yeah, they're stacking too much in my inventory. I know the NX one is unlimited but still, argh :>
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited March 19, 2017
    While I didn't bother buying the +12 rune, it actually might have made sense when thinking about lv 95 gear. Assuming you can't buy mats via the seal shop that is.

IE I have a ton of +11 and the normal +10 runes. (You could buy them dirt cheap on the market when you watched for them.)

So the cost of the new mats will likely be ~300m +for a feather at the start. Fully orange we are likely talking about ~750m gold... So getting more chances at +12 without blowing it up would be nice. (And remember the +11 runes are used up if you fail.)

+ if this was done on an alt account, who cares if you burn through all the free runes if you manage a +12 that isn't perma bound?

So you used runes to go from +8 to +11 again? Or at least just +8 to +10?
    If so, you gave up your chance for attempting +12 FOUR times.

Your original +11 weapon breaks going +12. x1
    Restore, break it going +12 again. x2

Make a new weapon, chance enhance it to +8 (hey, if you're overflowing with runes like how you make it sound might as well just use runes as early as you can and ensure that +8, right?). Rune to +11.
    Break it going +12. x3
    Restore, break it going +12 again. x4

I reiterate, that 10-12 rune was a waste. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. *shrugs*
    Let me sprinkle some of my pity dust on you. lol

I said I was done with you, but I really can't resist this chance to call you out on your idiocy.

Up to 11. First attempt at +12 with gear rune.
    Fails. Up to 11 again. Second attempt at +12.
    Fails. Restore. Third attempt at +12. Fails. Gone.

Now, we add in your scenario of making a new weapon.
    Fourth attempt at +12.
    Restore. Fifth attempt at +12. Fails. Gone.

That equals five if we try your "method". The fact that you couldn't understand that three times is the max attempts with the gear rune, and that with the "method" you chose you actually get five attempts as always speaks to you spouting off and spewing nonsense incessantly rather than regarding the facts. Do not respond to my posts anymore. I don't care about anything you have to say in response to what I'm posting, ever. I don't like you and I wish to all things holy that there were an ignore feature on these forums.

Leave me alone, understood?
  • CessaCessa
    edited March 19, 2017
    Up to 11.
    Up to 11 again.

Now, we add in your scenario of making a new weapon.
    Fourth attempt at +12.
    Restore. Fifth attempt at +12. Fails. Gone.

Care to share your secret on always being able to hit +11?
    My way has us expend a Premium Enhance Rune. You get more chances to break past +10 with my way.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    "noob trap" is the only way for someone without a backup to attempt +12. i wouldn't use it for anything else though.
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    @Cessa please be respectful of the opinion of others and refrain from putting down others.
This discussion has been closed.