[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

I have an idea to make Hammer more favorable.

Comments

• SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 10, 2017
    it's not about safe .. it's about getting my stigma definitely in range.. if you don't position urself properly with feather dash , ur stigma could miss after a parry of Glas's 360 swing.. +sweat

if you still don't get the point why feather dash is needed to position urself, check ur own video 1:31, where u missed the parried stigma. That is exactly the reason you shouldn't parry earlier and should feather dash .

To Neamhain solo
    No offense, sometimes you might think there are improvements in video etc. but that might just of other propose you didn't yet realize without a long-time gameplay. That is why I suggest you to play more Hammer in the first place.

Also about the Hammer Fiona Neamhain solo, let me explain why the OP doesn't use many SH (much less compared to other Hammer Fiona solos, even though he had the SP to spam it)

1.Butterfly combo is still too slow without Focus stimulant in Neamhain, in general you don't really have many openings for butterfly-parry-butterfly-stigma
    2. Neamhain blinks a lot even in solo. And butterfly slashing high combos require a relatively big openings without boss moving too much or blink away. SH would be a waste of SP if Neamhain spams blink. In this case you would wanna use more FP.
    3. in last Phase Neit might interrupt a lot. Without continuous smashing slashing high would be a great waste.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    Samalenko wrote: »
    it's not about safe .. it's about getting my stigma definitely in range.. if you don't position urself properly with feather dash , ur stigma could miss after a parry of Glas's 360 swing.. +sweat

if you still don't get the point why feather dash is needed to position urself, check ur own video 1:31, where u missed the parried stigma.

I knew you would have point it out lol.The one @1:31 did land(345 damage),it's the one right after that i missed,but i used Sheild Charge right after,If i was to retry since it was my very 1st trial,i'd probably just dash towards him after canceling the parry animation with heavy stander to save seconds.Fact remains that i had a parry buff in hand and plenty of time to land something,wichever i would decide to use.I was not aware of the exact lenght covered by the stigma.

I did show how to stay in stigma range when he does the 360 twice thoe and after the miss@1:34 i had 2 other opportunities where i was in perfect range for using stigma w/o missing.That's what i refer to when saying learning from mistakes.His attack mechanism doesn't change at all so if it's possible to do it once you should be able to do it all the time in that specific context.Counter does move you foward enough for him and gives you some SP in the process,so why not.
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited June 10, 2017

To Neamhain solo
    No offense, sometimes you might think there are improvements in video etc. but that might just of other propose you didn't yet realize without a long-time gameplay. That is why I suggest you to play more Hammer in the first place.

Also about the Hammer Fiona Neamhain solo, let me explain why the OP doesn't use many SH (much less compared to other Hammer Fiona solos, even though he had the SP to spam it)

1.Butterfly combo is still too slow without Focus stimulant in Neamhain, in general you don't really have many openings for butterfly-parry-butterfly-stigma
    2. Neamhain blinks a lot even in solo. And butterfly slashing high combos require a relatively big openings without boss moving too much or blink away. SH would be a waste of SP if Neamhain spams blink. In this case you would wanna use more FP.
    3. in last Phase Neit might interrupt a lot. Without continuous smashing slashing high would be a great waste.

I agree with point 2-3,but the player in the video is obviously well aware of it.He is demonstrating a level of play/knowledge/SP managment that i have not witnessed much from other hammer Fionas.He used every differant feature where it had to be used.

I know what you mean by not having a comfortable window to fit a smash,it can still be uncomfortable to fit some Cyclone saw on Neamhain even around 70 attack speed,yet it still very possible.He did use some butterfly swings when he could and when he couldn't he compensated with other features.

It's not about my personal experiance,i posted an examplary video of a Hammer gameplay,not flawless,but very examplary,that could show to many hammer Fiona ways to do much better.You could end up recording something similar,but as of right now,his video is better,there's no denying about it.

Even look@21:52:

he purposely decided to not counter and wait for a Focal opportunity,because he knows the damage would be better this way in the window he had.That's one of many examples of how you can make up for counters damage.*Just right after around 22:10,very similar situation but he actully goes for the counter and chains it with a butterfly...why?He had slashing high on and the window was safer for him to fit it,so he went for it.

Feather dash is necessary indeed,but i never brought any point against it,you can refer to many videos such has the guy with the+14 longsword,it's very useful for both weapons,but i didn't bring this up at any time.Im once again reffering to a lack of creativity considering all the available tools that there is.

• SamalenkoSamalenko
    "he purposely decided to not counter and wait for a Focal opportunity"
    bcs if he counters he will get hit.... simple fact.....

you cannot counter to that , I'm surprised you didn't know
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited June 10, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »

if you still don't get the point why feather dash is needed to position urself, check ur own video 1:31, where u missed the parried stigma.

I knew you would have point it out lol.The one @1:31 did land(345 damage),it's the one right after that i missed,but i used Sheild Charge right after,If i was to retry since it was my very 1st trial,i'd probably just dash towards him after canceling the parry animation with heavy stander to save seconds.Fact remains that i had a parry buff in hand and plenty of time to land something,wichever i would decide to use.I was not aware of the exact lenght covered by the stigma.

I did show how to stay in stigma range when he does the 360 twice thoe and after the miss@1:34 i had 2 other opportunities where i was in perfect range for using stigma w/o missing.That's what i refer to when saying learning from mistakes.His attack mechanism doesn't change at all so if it's possible to do it once you should be able to do it all the time in that specific context.Counter does move you foward enough for him and gives you some SP in the process,so why not.

I said

if you don't position urself properly with feather dash , ur stigma could miss after a parry of Glas's 360 swing.. +sweat

You missed ur stigma after parry, the yellow dmg stigma, not the stigma before that

And again, try to play it yourself first.
    I really sincerely suggest you to play a bit more Hammer Fiona before making further comments.
  • JessGameJessGame
    "he purposely decided to not counter and wait for a Focal opportunity"
    bcs if he counters he will get hit.... simple fact.....

you cannot counter to that , I'm surprised you didn't know

The circle dissapeared,he still could have counter.I know the circle timings from running it on other characters as well and to be extremely safe he could have counter towards the wall but still close enough to her to get the damage on.I got caught by them enough to know when you can close up to them.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited June 10, 2017
    he can't -_- should I @ someone who did neamhain solo to answer u?

In some cases yes, but in this case, he can't counter. There is a chance that he gets hit. That is not the risk worth taking.
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited June 10, 2017

I said

if you don't position urself properly with feather dash , ur stigma could miss after a parry of Glas's 360 swing.. +sweat

You missed ur stigma after parry, the yellow dmg stigma, not the stigma before that

And again, try to play it yourself first.
    I really sincerely suggest you to play a bit more Hammer Fiona before making further comments.

I still dont understand why not taking the parry buff before countering the second 360,since you will end up counter-attacking anyway to get back in position to land the very first parry.Every damage opportunity,you'd want to take.It doesn't make any sense to skip a damage opportunity when you can damage as much after the stigma anyway.By the time he turns back from the red attack,you will have time to butterfly swing him good 3 time before he can do anything to you and the 1st hit will be enhanced or you can even use focals.

Fact is you are still waisting damage.Every time you won't buff counter it will addition and add up to the time clear.

Im also sure there is much more combinations you could play with,you can position all you want to actully land the doubled stigma,but as long as you get your parry buff you can make up the damage with one of your tools.That's also where it shows lack of creativity,if you end up being too far for the doubled Stigma,just cancel it and chain with something else.If you have a lot of experiance on Hammer than you should know exactly when it's not going to land and an a quick alternative should be easy to find than.
  • JessGameJessGame
    he can't -_- should I @ someone who did neamhain solo to answer u?

In some cases yes, but in this case, he can't counter. There is a chance that he gets hit. That is not the risk worth taking.

Yes he could have,the counter range is large enough to get the damage in without being stuck on a boss.

But at any rate,with any argument that could be added,as of right now,this Hammer Fiona beats you by a respectable margin and that's what it is.If you don't see it than you'll probably keep getting a large margin of performance between when you use Hammer and when you use Sword.If from your own videos and his you don't see all the of what he applies versus what you don't than your definitely not being objective.That's really the main point covered here,derivating from the main point will not change the fact that you don't play hammer on the same level as him and therefore he is rather close to what a Sword Fiona could accomplish in that particular situation.He is just dealing with a little more management wich is probably overwhelming for you at the moment.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited June 10, 2017
    you miss a stigma, that means 5 buffed counter attack won't make it up.

Better play isn't what you could have done best. Better play is, when in a thousand run, which gives the most reliable result. And that play, that was my answer. In that situation, that was a better play, and I will have a better result, over a thousand run.

• JessGameJessGame
    you miss a stigma, that means 5 buffed counter attack won't make it up.

Better play isn't what you could have done best. Better play is, when in a thousand run, which gives the most reliable result. And that play, that was my answer. In that situation, that was a better play, and I will have a better result, over a thousand run.

That is still irrelevant especially since i titled the video as of what i was exactly doing in it,the rest was just a filling.Also i already said multiple times that you can focal or butterfly right after the parry if you can't reach him with Stigma,so that,plus the counters damage.

I mean if you want to check every damage missed@0:44 only your second counter lands and it could have been buffed,than you would still have time to focal twice at least with the 1st one being buffed.And the last line you wrote is comparable to an expression wich sais*it's not about using multiples moves,but mastering a few moves and use them efficiently and *

Logic goes by the fact that the most *efficient* tools you add to your arsenal the more you will be able to deal with variations of situations.

The other guy as more tools in his books for sure.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    edited June 10, 2017
    -_- that parry - counter - stigma - parried stigma thing you were so obsessed with I have done right at the beginning of my vid. aka 0:01. check if u want.

In that particular situation which u pointed out ,my play was the faultless one..

Do you seriously think a guy who could feather dash inbetween combos cannot perform a parry instead.. come on dude..

Maybe this older video would be more obvious why I chose to use Feather dash. Just check the beginning and u will know.(was made before rebalance. so no directly stigma after perfect counter , also counter is slower than now )

And again, my whole point wasn't about the hammer neamhain solo being bad or anything. It was great, it was just too much LS style. With LS he could have achieved so much more . That's it. Hammer style would be more butterfly and slashing high. I don't understand why you keep compare him with me, in which I don't even do neamhain solo at all. I am using a lvl70 Hammer btw.

The whole discussion is so pointless, with someone who actually don't even have any AP invested in Hammer Fiona.. I won't reply any further unless you show me some real stuff.

• JessGameJessGame
    -_- that parry - counter - stigma - parried stigma thing you were so obsessed with I have done right at the beginning of my vid. aka 0:01. check if u want.

In that particular situation which u pointed out ,my play was the faultless one..

Do you seriously think a guy who could feather dash inbetween combos cannot perform a parry instead.. come on dude..

Maybe this older video would be more obvious why I chose to use Feather dash. Just check the beginning and u will know.(was made before rebalance. so no directly stigma after perfect counter , also counter is slower than now )

And again, my whole point wasn't about the hammer neamhain solo being bad or anything. It was great, it was just too much LS style. With LS he could have achieved so much more . That's it. Hammer style would be more butterfly and slashing high. I don't understand why you keep compare him with me, in which I don't even do neamhain solo at all. I am using a lvl70 Hammer btw.

The whole discussion is so pointless, with someone who actually don't even have any AP invested in Hammer Fiona.. I won't reply any further unless you show me some real stuff.

Everything is literally diplayed in the video i 1st linked.I don't have a particular fixation over a combo in general.There is many variations that can be used with Hammer,but you are probably stuck in a comfort zone,so you wouldn't adjust towards what was diplayed in the video.

Go wonder why some classes where considered not fit to Solo Neamhain at first and than end up making it happen,why a+14 Longsword did it in much better ways than many+15 user did it,why sword Vella was considered very weak in party until people learned properly how to track hit box despite not being targeted by the boss,ect...

You have good set of skills,but your not creative as much as the guy on the video i linked and not only him.I already explained that im not invested in Fiona period so that's also irrelevant.I did play her enough to understand the difference between certain levels of gameplay and other poeple could easely tell the differance as well,you look at both videos and you see the differance,simple as that.The same way you where giving advice on a Kai Solo.I doubt you that invested in Kai,but you can still draw solutions based on your general knowledge of the game.

He is not playing Longsword style,he is trying to avoid counter spam as much as he can because other features neats him better damage in some cases.He is using all of the hammer features,nothing to do with Longsword.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    edited June 11, 2017
    wow Had some stuff to read there ^^
    why a+14 Longsword did it in much better ways than many+15 user did it,why sword Vella was considered very weak in party until people learned properly how to track hit box despite not being targeted by the boss,ect...

The best fiona neamhain solo stat-wise was done with 0 att limit and a +13 by the same guy whose hammer solo you posted ( and those are pretty recent so better be better than the ones some fionas already posted :p ). That solo was btw made with a fully att limit released +15 hammer which show the huge gap ( at least in solo play ) between sword and hammer that the op was trying to adress
  • JessGameJessGame
    Leucosie wrote: »
    wow Had some stuff to read there ^^
    why a+14 Longsword did it in much better ways than many+15 user did it,why sword Vella was considered very weak in party until people learned properly how to track hit box despite not being targeted by the boss,ect...

The best fiona neamhain solo stat-wise was done with 0 att limit and a +13 by the same guy whose hammer solo you posted ( and those are pretty recent so better be better than the ones some fionas already posted :p ). That solo was btw made with a fully att limit released +15 hammer which show the huge gap ( at least in solo play ) between sword and hammer that the op was trying to adress

Yes i saw his other videos.The differance in time is 1:40 in favor of the Hammer solo.He also has 2 Sword solos posted and the hammer is the latest one.First sword solo was back in April and second was beggining of May.The Hammer solo was mid May and it's the only one he posted so far.Considering another trial on Hammer and a trial on Sword with better stats the gap wouldn't be huge at all,taking the randomness of the attack patterns in consideration a well...an Havan solo with 5 sandstorm will be differant than one with 2 sandstorms.

If i go with what you said, he should get a much better clear time on Hammer with another trial ,since his video was the only referance in term of Hammer solo.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    What I was trying to say is those 2 solos ( made from the same player so there isn't any noticeable skill difference between the 2 ) achieved similar results. But on the one hand you have a 2.3k att limit +15 hammer and on the other hand a 0 att limit +13 longsword. To give you a more concrete example, I'm currently achieving around 52 mins neamhains at best and i'm sitting on a +15 with 1500 att limit ( no full force yet ). Now with an extra 800 att limit that clear time would easily drop under 50 mins ( I believe 45 mins runs could be achieved with a fully released longsword fiona if neit rng is on her favor :s ). I got the feeling you are implying a highly skilled hammer can compete with longsword by reading those walls of text above ( interesting ones btw, discussing let us have more knowledge about our character ^^ ). But sadly that is just not possible. The only moment hammer comes close to LS is in 8 man raids but LS still has the advantage on most of them.

I started the game as a hammer fiona and I kept playing it for a long time until I grabbed that +15 LS of mine. The difference in speed and damage I felt when I first tried it out ( on eochaid I remember ) was so huge that I felt like reaching the super saiyan state. On a more serious note, Hammer dps rotation heavily relies on slashing high butterfly combo but for the reasons you guys mentioned above it's not that efficient in neamhain. That's why Samalenko says that solo is "LS style". I would say it "looks like" LS because the guy has no other choice than using counters/focal points most of the times because it's just the best damage dealing strategy.
  • JessGameJessGame
    What I was trying to say is those 2 solos ( made from the same player so there isn't any noticeable skill difference between the 2 ) achieved similar results. But on the one hand you have a 2.3k att limit +15 hammer and on the other hand a 0 att limit +13 longsword. To give you a more concrete example, I'm currently achieving around 52 mins neamhains at best and i'm sitting on a +15 with 1500 att limit ( no full force yet ). Now with an extra 800 att limit that clear time would easily drop under 50 mins ( I believe 45 mins runs could be achieved with a fully released longsword fiona if neit rng is on her favor :s ). I got the feeling you are implying a highly skilled hammer can compete with longsword by reading those walls of text above ( interesting ones btw, discussing let us have more knowledge about our character ^^ ). But sadly that is just not possible. The only moment hammer comes close to LS is in 8 man raids but LS still has the advantage on most of them.

I started the game as a hammer fiona and I kept playing it for a long time until I grabbed that +15 LS of mine. The difference in speed and damage I felt when I first tried it out ( on eochaid I remember ) was so huge that I felt like reaching the super saiyan state. On a more serious note, Hammer dps rotation heavily relies on slashing high butterfly combo but for the reasons you guys mentioned above it's not that efficient in neamhain. That's why Samalenko says that solo is "LS style". I would say it "looks like" LS because the guy has no other choice than using counters/focal points most of the times because it's just the best damage dealing strategy.

I clearly seen your point from your previous post.The stats wich you just added didn't change to what i previously read.

I don't agree when you guys call it Longsword style because he was constantly using the appropriate feature where it fit.Many butterfly combos where used as much as any other available features.
    If you want an example of differance between a single class differant weapons,you would refer to Sword versus Spear Lann.Sword Lann yet being pretty good, he is extremely limited in term of stamina wich creates a very inconveniant technical gap between both weapons.It is actully almost conterproductive to trespass a certain level of speed on Sword Lann due to the heavy management of stamina.
    The main differance between Longsword and Hammer is that Longsword is more laid back than Hammer,the transitions are quicker on Longsword so there is less last second decisions to make when it comes to maxing your damage even thoe Fiona in general is far less simple than it looks on video.Simple to do ok maybe but not so simple to do great.

Adding even the singlest change,being for example the removal of shield enhancement or adding it to hammer would make hammer superior by a certain margin.Hammer is designed for more advanced players that are seeking a challenge,but the outcome is not inferior if you really dedicate to it.People don't bother going that far because it's less conveniant for them that's it.

Also you well know that despite any class or weapon,some battles will always favor one over another and rebalancing the game to that point would be extreme.

One last point,when you say Hammer rotation relies heavyly on a specific combo...well that's what was considered to be the way to go,but differant situations calls for more variation.This guy didn't say well that typical formula doesn't work in this particular fight so therefore thers no possibility of soloing it and that's why he did it.It's a very good formula but he didn't over use it,he did it in appropriate moments.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Well you are confusing me, if you did understand my point then you also understood how strong LS is compared to hammer in solo play :thinking: ( we are talking about at least 10 mins if not more difference of clear time )
    Hammer is designed for more advanced players that are seeking a challenge,but the outcome is not inferior if you really dedicate to it.People don't bother going that far because it's less conveniant for them that's it.

Again, just no. It feels like this is what you want to believe. But having experienced both weapons ( I'm rusty with hammer though because ferghus turned my former hammer to ashes :'( ), I can guarantee you this is absolutely not the case. Hammer gameplay feels more rewarding than LS though, I agree.

• JessGameJessGame
    edited June 11, 2017
    Well you are confusing me, if you did understand my point then you also understood how strong LS is compared to hammer in solo play :thinking: ( we are talking about at least 10 mins if not more difference of clear time )
    Hammer is designed for more advanced players that are seeking a challenge,but the outcome is not inferior if you really dedicate to it.People don't bother going that far because it's less conveniant for them that's it.

Again, just no. It feels like this is what you want to believe. But having experienced both weapons ( I'm rusty with hammer though because ferghus turned my former hammer to ashes :'( ), I can guarantee you this is absolutely not the case. Hammer gameplay feels more rewarding than LS though, I agree.

We could still argue for 40 extra pages,about undertanding a point.I clearly see the point but i simply see otherwise.We have a differant opinion:

Hammer

Sword with *combo boost*

Sword with *uncap and damage pot/32k attack*
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    edited June 11, 2017
    Well in that case i would really like you to develop your point if it doesn't bother you.

Also I can't draw anything from the zeca solos you posted. I guess you wanted to compare them ? But even so, those solos aren't worth comparing. The hammer solo was made after niff got uncapped but you linked my solo which was recorded when niff still had an att cap ( the combo bonus being the same as a damage pot after I reached and maintained 24+ hits ). As for the last one, it is a speed run ( 33k att + stims + damage pot on uncapped zeca ) so idk.