[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Is Iset Macha?

2edgy4u2edgy4u
Vindictus Rep: 2,915
in Story
I'm calling it. A lot of the dialogue hints to them being like Smeagol/Gollum situation.

Comments

• IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Actually no. Iset and Macha have completely different personalities, and Macha is a goddess while Iset is a princess.

Secondly, It's hinted that Macha has Red hair, while Iset has white/silver hair.

Macha Looks over how fate and destiny works, but she cannot do anything to alter the outcome no matter how great and mighty she is. Macha also knows the outcome of the events forshadowed as well, even beyond that of Elchulus and Cromm.

Iset had an obsession to bring her kingdom back to life, but when havan was "destroyed", sense came to her and became a wandering princess aided with milo to explore Ben Chenner with why the wood elves are dangerous beings to face in battle during the events of season 3. It was not stated where exactly she wandered off to during the conclusion of the Twilight Desert Arc in season 2 however.

After completing the battle "twists in time"
    Macha will reveal herself to Milo and Iset, which further evidents that the two are completely different entities.
    Macha also states that Ben Chenner used to be Volcanic in nature, but the events of S2's concluding arc (After killing cromm) caused the mountain to cool down and Errin is Slowly Altering reality, including as to why some of the characters are "forgotten to some" as the events progress in the story.

Iset can choose whether or not to interfere with the elves, but macha cannot do anything no matter how hard she tries, besides telling other people of their imminent demise from destiny.

So in conclusion, for right now until we get more dialogue from the game to support the evidence, Iset and macha being one and the same is just

Absolutely Far Fetched.

MochiSweetCascaBloodAngelSylphideZens
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    It is possible that Ceara will become the vessel for Macha. She has red hair herself. The Ceara POV questline after completing Sea of Reflection is called Voice of the Goddess/Call of the Goddess. We have yet to receive this content. It tells of the events leading up to how Ceara meets our character in Berbhe.
    CascaBloodAngelSylphide
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    edited February 27, 2017
    Ikarsu wrote: »
    Absolutely Far Fetched.

yeah well thats like just your opinion man

"Iset and Macha have completely different personalities, and Macha is a goddess while Iset is a princess."
    which is why i alluded to smeagol/gollum. if you're not familiar,
    by your logic morrigan couldn't have possessed tieve since she is a goddess while tieve is an oracle :smugface:

"Secondly, It's hinted that Macha has Red hair, while Iset has white/silver hair."
    who was that white-haired young androgynous-looking dude with the crown that looks like it's made of branches that we run into right before glas? i thought that was macha :S
    in regards to your spoiler, that was funnily what got me thinking about this. it seemed like when macha "revealed" herself, iset talks to her alone at first, as though scared. it seemed like she was talking to herself, like macha was already inhabiting her body.

and hey, i know not everything seems like it fits right now, but that's how most twists start out. i honestly don't know the plot well enough to even convince myself. i just wanted to throw it out there based on the spoilered scene alone.

It is possible that Ceara will become the vessel for Macha. She has red hair herself. The Ceara POV questline after completing Sea of Reflection is called Voice of the Goddess/Call of the Goddess. We have yet to receive this content. It tells of the events leading up to how Ceara meets our character in Berbhe.

yeah that's interesting. i wasn't aware that macha had to have red hair until now. that being the only tie between them is still tenuous and the episode title is very ambiguous imo.
    Nakrast_Freecss
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited February 27, 2017
    No, but Milo is Nuadha. Or at least, a vessel for him, much like Tieve was for Morrighan. The difference being is that he seems to have escaped his fate, unlike Tieve, for now. He was referred to by Crom as the "King of Erinn". It is also why Crom and Macha are so drawn to him, they have ties to him in Mabinogi, too.

He also has somewhat of a good relashionship with Lugh in the mythos, but which Lugh, I do not know. I'm unsure if our character will become the new Lugh for taking Fragarach and walking the Hero's Path. In which case, it makes sense, since we're already his friend. He might also just befriend the Lugh boss from the battle quest, though. He's still alive, after alll, and Milo has a history of befriending bosses.

Lugh Lamhfada is apparently a title, not a name, from what I've gathered, since the one we fight apparently had another name before taking up the sword. Muir calls him by his birth name once, which I can't remember now.
    MochiSweetNakrast_FreecssCascaBloodAngelSylphide
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    To clear something up regarding 케아라 (Ceara) is you get her quest before Neamhain because Neamhain is optional. I confirmed it across 5 characters
    BloodAngel
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    In the end of lugh's chapter it seems like he was disappointed that he didn't die and was sought out by milos iset and macha.

Also Morrighan Neamhain and Macha are they a trio?
    (Light) (Lightning) (Fire)
    God of Humans ???? War as seen in season of macha
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    edited February 28, 2017
    Far as the 3 goddesses go, They are a triad of sisters, but they represent an aspect to fate/destiny. Macha is war, Neamhain is Despair, and Morrigan is Fate itself.

Macha cannot do anything no matter how hard she tries as destiny plays out, Even though she is portrayed as the God of War. HOWEVER, she can boost the strength of allies or enemies afflicted with her in battle. As an example of season of macha boosting damage taken by an enemy to serve an extra challenge to overcome.

Neamhain Expresses Despair for the fomors, Which is symbolized by the liquid corruption that infects/mutates fomors into Morbians. We get the goddess of despair title when defeating her at least once.

Morrigan represents fate, as she is destined to be a vessel of a chosen oracle. In some instances of traveling in Lochlann, you can see the black crow in the back ground which is one of morrigan's known forms to transform into. In a way, Morrigan is leading the hero (the player) into danger after danger because our predetermined fate was to be dead (killed by a fomor primarily) or taken over by a god similarly to the case of Tieve, Keaghan, and Allysse Respectively (Morrigan, Chicol, and Cromm).

Chicol (Morrigan's Counterpart) Is the ABSOLUTE god of the fomors. Chicol is symbolized by a golden circle with an X embedded into it. Fomors that worship Chicol (other than Separatist ogres) Wear a golden X medallion. During the berbhe story arc, not once has Elchulus been mentioned.

Even Though Elchulus is the Fomorian God of Time, there is no lore during the events of season 3 to prove that he is still alive and well. Additonally, there's an extra tid-bit I found in the early arcs. "dragons CAN BE tamable and ridable, and some fomors worship dragons as gods." His seals that lead up to him are also dragons found in mabinogi (Desert, White and Black respectively with Black being a resemblance to Elchulus.) Note that deserts can also have thunderstorms.
    Additonally, Dragons are known to be a form of mythological reptile, and the symbol known as ouroboros also ties in as some instances of it show a dragon or snake eating its own tail, symbolizing infinity, and the cycle of life and death which ties into the dragon triad.

I also found that Cromm Cruaich in Mabinogi is also a dragon, but in vindictus, he is depicted as some form of demon. Since his dragon counterpart is "undead" it could be that both incarnations of cromm are symbolized by death, even though he is the God of Death in Vindictus. his dragon form completes the Ouroboros chain with him being the quadret of death. This chain is known as the celtic Knot.

I may missed a few details, but if anyone wants to fill in on the gaps, feel free to do so.
    MochiSweetWeiss_OswaldCasca
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    well in original Celtic mythology, glas is the cow god of fertility, so who knows how much devcat is actually drawing from those sources. not to mention the inclusion of norse elements like niflheim and possibly helheim and muspelheim as the home world of the vampires.
    i don't doubt that we will eventually lead up to the world in mabinogi, with which i'm not familiar, but unless iset is prominently mentioned there as well, i think this theory is still on the table.

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Did you forget that all three of them are actually traveling together?
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    that's what we're being lead to believe
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Thanks for the interesting read :)
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @Ikarsu Don't forget after you kill Cromm that Elchulus is seen flying over the volcano in the cutscene (can probably rewatch from altar of memories)
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @Ikarsu Don't forget after you kill Cromm that Elchulus is seen flying over the volcano in the cutscene (can probably rewatch from altar of memories)

Yes, but as of right now, there's no dialogue from S3 so signify the presence of Elchulus after the end of S2's death of destiny arc.
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605

Yes, but as of right now, there's no dialogue from S3 so signify the presence of Elchulus after the end of S2's death of destiny arc.[/quote]

There is dialogue that points that elchulus is dead by cichol hands.Miur says that he cannot bring your friends back because that is elchulus domain, then cichol comes and gives that power to lughs sword(wich you take from his hands) meaning that cichol chased and killed elchulus and took his power to then give to you