[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Stopping The Involuntary Use Of Blade Dance...

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
edited February 23, 2017 in Vella
Hai, i was wondering...Almost all the time when im chaining & use Frost Jack, if i pull myself to the victim Vella seems to activate Blade Dance automatically. First of all, i personally dont like Blade Dance, but thats beside the point. Is there any way to get her to stop using it automatically like that? Maybe use a Skill Reset Capsule on Blade Dance or something? Anyone out there have any idea or maybe a solution?

Thank you for your time...
  1. Do you like Vella's Chainblade attack Blade Dance?14 votes
    1. Yes
       79% (11 votes)
    2. No
       7% (1 vote)
    3. Kind of, but wish it wasnt activated automatically
       14% (2 votes)

Comments

• The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Ummm.. I've never had it activate "automatically", though there's been a few times where I'd accidentally press smash directly after using frostjack. Maybe that's what's going. Either way, you could always just glint out of it.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    edited February 23, 2017
    It is not automatic.... mouse button spamming may make it seem so. It is very useful skill.

After you pull yourself to the target and you left click to knee them, if you right click there after, it will activate; don;t do this unless you intend it...better to leap away if you do not want to trigger it with the right click.
  • TsiiiTsiii
    Vindictus Rep: 2,175
    I used to have this bad habit as well when I was button spamming a lot more than I needed to. Blade dance is actually a pretty good skill imo, though it does tend to miss a bit more than I would like. Just don't start spamming smash keys after frost jack and you'll be ok.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Yea, if I come in on a boss, and my left click doesn't hit him, I will not blade dance, just leap away and regroup.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Ummm.. I've never had it activate "automatically", though there's been a few times where I'd accidentally press smash directly after using frostjack. Maybe that's what's going. Either way, you could always just glint out of it.

Ive tried to, but once blade dance starts i cant stop it, i have to wait till its done before i can get her to do anything. Ive tried the directional buttons, but not glint. Ty ill try to get VellaIicious to do it today....attitudadjus_zpsddvgma8x.gif
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    As said by the others, this does not trigger automatically. You are probably pressing smash key? It's actually very important ability, unlearning it would make you be like pre-revamp, outpowered.

What You may be interested in though, is fact You can press dodge key when doing Blade Dance, cancelling it and leaping away with short invul.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    edited March 2, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    As said by the others, this does not trigger automatically. You are probably pressing smash key? It's actually very important ability, unlearning it would make you be like pre-revamp, outpowered.

What You may be interested in though, is fact You can press dodge key when doing Blade Dance, cancelling it and leaping away with short invul.

Why is that? I dont even have it on my skills bar above, the only time it does go off is when i accidentley press smash...and i get along just fine without it as is. So why is it you say that its so important & that id be out-powered?

An as far as the revamp im one of the minority that doesnt care for it at all & wishes they'd never done it. I was fine before & im fine now.

An as you pointed out, as the others already said, yes i realize now i can use dodge to...well..."Get the hell outta dodge!"...LMA0...but tyvm for your response ......animated-crazy-smiley-image-0062_zpszkqjhys0.gif
  • BlyatBlyat
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    Spamming Hailstorm with Heart of Ice is your main DPS source. Blade Dance is useful as it stacks Heart of Ice quickly (much faster than using normal smashes). You can be fine without Blade Dance but when trying to maximize DPS it is the best way to stack.

And reiterating what other people have said: Blade Dance doesn't happen randomly, it links using smash after Icebreaker (the attack which you do after Frost Jack).
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    Why is that? I dont even have it on my skills bar above, the only time it does go off is when i accidentley press smash...and i get along just fine without it as is. So why is it you say that its so important & that id be out-powered?

An as far as the revamp im one of the minority that doesnt care for it at all & wishes they'd never done it. I was fine before & im fine now.
    Because this SP ability is like short melee version of Cold Heart, which furthermore rapidly allows You to Cold Heart again.

Sure You can be "fine" without it, but it's basically refusing to do the full cycle, significantly increasing your damage output. The question is - for what reason? Presumably You don't want to get hit, but this ability is designed to be used after a series of enemy's attacks, so it stands still and recovers - the big opening/window.