[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

An Experiment for Little People Like Sylas

GruesomeCrimsonGruesomeCrimson
Vindictus Rep: 420
edited March 18, 2017 in Sylas
reserved

Comments

• CaloeCaloe
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    You seem to place an awful lot of stress on the lack of, or rarity of AP in the game. If you buy all the secret boxes and the warm welcome from the Strange Traveler everyday you are guaranteed 140 AP everyday. Along with the normal 30-80 you get from the daily events you get 170-210. Adding the mission of the day of 40ish, you get 210-250. This is you only doing 1 mission and you've already got 210-250 AP.

I wouldnt wait around a week for that meditation when I've essentially increased the output by 150% just by doing one mission in one day. If you put your AP towards leveling skills to more quickly gain levels and get to the harder missions, you're then making 210*7=1470 AP in a week. You're also getting essential drops like magic powder and Blessed Magic Powder for funding.

I suppose if you want to do both you could, but I just don't see the point.
  • GruesomeCrimsonGruesomeCrimson
    Good point, so I can safely assume you have never felt the need to max out the Mediation skill, then? Interesting...
    This is a follow up to the Mediation Skill update. I did manage to come up with enough AP Points, thanks in part to the current Events, to raise the skill level up to Rank D. Even though the Mediation skill appears to be a black hole, you will receive a reward of eight hundred AP points, if you have real courage, not that artificial stuff they drink at parties to the people of the 90's, and achieve the Rank of “A”, you will be rewarded with 2 x 300 AP Points. Mediation maxes out at Rank A. Just thought you should know. As for the rest of it, as to an increase of AP points. The results aren't good in the early stages of the experiment, more time is need to collect a better data strain.
    Well, I just went and check my character's progress. I am disappointed. It has been several hours since I maxed out the Mediation skill. After several hours, I have accumulated 7 AP points, for my troubles. So the fellow above is probably correct and I would say stay away from the Mediation skill in your characters creation. You spend quite a bit more than 1400 AP points to max out the skill. Somewhere around 6,000. The Mediation Skill deserves it's bad rap.

Just thought you should know before I start playing today.
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    Please stop spamming forums with this same thread.
    It's pretty common known fact that it takes about a year for meditation to pay itself off. The skill has the lowest priority to max out, its a safety net for players that take long hiatus from games like these. If you had done actual research you would have found this conclusion already.
    DyriiOrder5PikkoPikko
    I don't suppose it never occurred to you that the experiment was geared toward new players, as oppose to you and your kind. Or that you are not very forth coming with information, you would sit back and condemn others from your recliner . As for research, since the fan sites have been removed, where would this research be done. Since you seem to be an expert in these matters. Perhaps you could enlighten us lowly people, with your vast knowledge on this subject. It would be entirely helpful to new players everywhere.
    The results are in: I suspect that many people read what they want to read. I don't know how many times I read the description of what Meditation is suppose to do for me and saw something else. Here is what it says: “...shortens the amount of time until your next AP bonus by (X) amount of seconds from the Meditation cycle”, the Meditation cycle is an hour, because of the timer...The bottom line is that if you max out the Mediation skill at Rank A as I did, then you are merely saving yourself, and I hope I'm wrong about this, nine minutes off an 1-hour Meditation cycle and you are still only getting 1 AP point per Hour.

Is 9 minutes off the Meditation Cycle worth 1,000 to 2,000 AP points?

This concludes this experiment. Better luck next time.

“I understand, if I put the barrel of the pistol, just underneath my chin, right here...”