[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Quest Said I Failed...Its Wrong

WyldstormWyldstorm
Vindictus Rep: 1,230
in Bug Reporting
I ran Ambush earlier & after i completed the objectives & it started to end, i did what i do alot & alot of players do to, which is click the "Return To Town" button on the bottom left corner. When i did, as you can see, it said "QUEST FAILED" But as you can also see from the enlarged image of chat, i did in fact complete all the requirements. This is not the first time this has happened to myself & others. Is there something i dont know about or is it another system error on Nexons part?

2017_02_06_0000_zpsd3sxmjbe.jpg
  1. Has this ever happened to you?4 votes
    1. Yes!
       25% (1 vote)
    2. No!
       75% (3 votes)

Comments

• NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    You left before your wait timer finished. It's in the system messages that you enlarged in the image.
  • WyldstormWyldstorm
    Vindictus Rep: 1,230
    No i didnt leave actually till about 5 minutes after that screenshot was taken. Also it doesnt say that in any of the system messages. What it says is "Dont leave or i will lose my rewards." Besides that, if i left early & thats y it failed, then how was i still in the quest to get the screenshot that says "Battle Failed"? As i said above, i had completed all the requirements & like alot of players, i clicked the "Return to Town" button on the bottom left to end it so i could leave. It then ends the quest & you leave. But that time it said i failed instead of what usually happens. The only other time it happens is in the quest "Trampled Plains" If you do that in there it fails you everytime no matter what...
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    Ah I see, forgive me then. It just looks exactly the same as it does when one does leave before the timer runs out, and you didn't say anything about waiting the five minutes at first. It will always say you cleared the main objective followed by the wait timer, and then grey out the gold and exp objectives like that. When I say "left" i meant clicking the return to town button or typing /leave, not necessarily loading back into town. My confusion is in that you're saying you clicked the button, and THEN the failed screen came up. If you get a wait timer and wait it out completely, the mission complete screen pops up as soon as the timer expires.

In any case, if you have it narrowed down to it consistently happening in select battlequests, you should definitely send in a ticket with all of this information included.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited February 7, 2017
    It's as Noburo said, you forfeited the rewards by trying to leave early. When you get the wait timer, don't do anything else; just sit there and wait for the mission results to pop up.
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    Besides that, if i left early & thats y it failed, then how was i still in the quest to get the screenshot that says "Battle Failed"?
    You can stay in the mission with that fail screen as long as you want until you finally decide to click "Reattempt Battle" or "Return to Town". No matter how long you wait though, you already forfeited your rewards.
    Noburo wrote: »
    In any case, if you have it narrowed down to it consistently happening in select battlequests, you should definitely send in a ticket with all of this information included.
    The reason why it happens in these missions so consistently is because players commonly finish them too quickly. Similarly, if you do Easy Mode raids and just jump in for the kill, you'll get a wait timer if you kill the boss in less than 3 minutes.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    Wyldstorm wrote: »
    No i didnt leave actually till about 5 minutes after that screenshot was taken. Also it doesnt say that in any of the system messages. What it says is "Dont leave or i will lose my rewards." Besides that, if i left early & thats y it failed, then how was i still in the quest to get the screenshot that says "Battle Failed"? As i said above, i had completed all the requirements & like alot of players, i clicked the "Return to Town" button on the bottom left to end it so i could leave. It then ends the quest & you leave. But that time it said i failed instead of what usually happens. The only other time it happens is in the quest "Trampled Plains" If you do that in there it fails you everytime no matter what...

You're confusing typing /leave with returning to town. You can't do either until the timer is done.