[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

PSA: Stop /leave-ing when you're hosting QB

BreadmanBreadman
Vindictus Rep: 1,680
edited February 4, 2017 in General Discussion
Some people aren't getting loots and seals tyvm.

Edit: Thread isn't meant to point fingers at people. Like I said in a later post, I don't think (most) people doing this are aware of what is happening to some party members being that leaving as host doesn't have this problem on a regular boat.
TabbedDownIoadZezeLoLoBootyNeritaKhloeERROR

Comments

• TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    edited February 3, 2017
    Some hosts actually do this to troll or grief other players of the community.
    Especially on WEST I know some trolls that have multiple lvl 90s and do this.
    Gets annoying.

Just leave the party before the host has the chance to leave.
    When boss dies, type in chat: /leave
    This will bring up ending screen, you get rewards/loot and all you have to do afterwards is hit that "Return to Town" button.
    Usually what I do.
    2edgy4u
  • BreadmanBreadman
    edited February 3, 2017
    Tabbed wrote: »
    Some hosts actually do this to troll or grief other players of the community.
    Especially on WEST I know some trolls that have multiple lvl 90s and do this.
    Gets annoying.

Just leave the party before the host has the chance to leave.
    When boss dies, type in chat: /leave
    This will bring up ending screen, you get rewards/loot and all you have to do afterwards is hit that "Return to Town" button.
    Usually what I do.

Smh. Some people and what they get off to...
    And yeah I tried to /leave myself when I saw the notice about returning to town in 10s, but it's habit for me to tab to another window when boss dies and I was too late. Guess I gotta learn something new.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    That's why I've been /leave'ing before screenshots even start when joining QBs, seen it happen several times. I was in a party earlier (might've been the same one) where the host's drops popped up immediately after mine, even after I did it that fast. Guessing I dodged a bullet there since I didn't see anyone else's come up afterwards.

So many weird habits picked up for the purpose of dancing around this game's stupid bugs, god.
  • CessaCessa
    If someone is being a complete piece of human filth in the party and I'm the host I have absolutely no qualms about leaving the party and remaking it without him.
    However, that's leaving before the boss is killed.

But yes, quick leaving at the end of the battle that people think is really smart is in fact really dumb and should be bannable.
    -Not playing the game as intended.
    -Griefs other players into sometimes leaving them in a glitched state where they are unable to get their drops.
    Tabbed
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    edited February 3, 2017
    Cessa wrote: »
    But yes, quick leaving at the end of the battle that people think is really smart is in fact really dumb and should be bannable.
    -Not playing the game as intended.
    -Griefs other players into sometimes leaving them in a glitched state where they are unable to get their drops.

Adding to this, you also lose -1 daily Battle Limit. Let's say it's a raid, you will have to wait until tomorrow's reset unless you have VIP.
    Your equipment loses durability as well.
    No EXP, No Loot, No Gold
    The "glitched state" usually a black screen when the system is trying to connect you to a new host.
    - You might be unable to /leave
    - You can't get loot
    - You can't do anything except return to the main screen and re-join the game again
    lordpattyCallisthene
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Keep in mind the people who have been playing this game for years develope habits. One of thoes habits is /leave if you are impatient and want to get out of the battle 20 seconds before others.

With that said, this a well needed PSA because people will need to change their habits when using QB as it works differently. Not everyone who does it is a troll, I did it the first day because of habit and quickly realized it was a bad thing.

Leaving at the end if you are NOT the host is perfectly acceptable.
    TabbedBreadmanlordpatty
  • BreadmanBreadman
    edited February 3, 2017
    DownIoad wrote: »
    Keep in mind the people who have been playing this game for years develope habits. One of thoes habits is /leave if you are impatient and want to get out of the battle 20 seconds before others.

With that said, this a well needed PSA because people will need to change their habits when using QB as it works differently. Not everyone who does it is a troll, I did it the first day because of habit and quickly realized it was a bad thing.

Leaving at the end if you are NOT the host is perfectly acceptable.

Yep, I do understand it. I also think most people are not aware what is actually happening when they leave as QB host.
    I'd like to think that most of the people aren't doing it on purpose.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    I should mention that when the host forfeits early, the next player in the party (player after the host) turns into the host's character and the game begins to lag extremely bad with the possibility of crashing out of the game. Not very fun :/
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited February 3, 2017
    Maybe instead of blaming the players, you can blame Nexon/ Devcat for making it so different from normal battles.

/leave in normals battles gives you all your drops earlier. Like someone already mentioned, people do it out of habit.

Honsetly, quick battle just seems like a useless feature to me with all its flaws.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    I never understood folks that used /leave... When we had lag it would almost always make folks loose some of their drops, and now obviously it causes more issues. Guess folks just value the 10 seconds they save over ensuring a good experience for all.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    So is this what's happening when the host disappears at the end of a raid and we have to run into the empty boss room to start and end the raid to get our drops?

That's the only thing I've encountered, but I've always gotten my things.
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    ikevi wrote: »
    I never understood folks that used /leave... When we had lag it would almost always make folks loose some of their drops, and now obviously it causes more issues. Guess folks just value the 10 seconds they save over ensuring a good experience for all.

I don't think hosts should ever do it, but I'd say I have a pretty damn good reason to use early forfeit as a regular party member, at least. The Ein Lacher patch made the results screen extremely laggy for me, and the lag actually carries into the loading screen if the host hits return to town before all of the information comes up. It makes my load time going back to town about 2 minutes, really annoying when I'm on a raid train because it either keeps everyone else waiting on me or I just get kicked.

Again, weird habits developed because of stupid long-time unresolved issues this game has. If they lock out the early forfeits without fixing the UI lag that will probably be the last straw for me.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    But if I do /leave early people won't get to see me as 1st when I do top damage and the second person will get 1st instead :c
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    AimAndKill wrote: »
    But if I do /leave early people won't get to see me as 1st when I do top damage and the second person will get 1st instead :c

except getting 1st on brain dead raid isn't really much of an accomplishment compared to stuff like neamhain.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    bump - 2nd time I got screwed by this.
  • ScarrletttScarrlettt
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Maybe instead of blaming the players, you can blame Nexon/ Devcat for making it so different from normal battles.

/leave in normals battles gives you all your drops earlier. Like someone already mentioned, people do it out of habit.

Honsetly, quick battle just seems like a useless feature to me with all its flaws.

It has its fair share of bugs and flaws but its definitely not useless.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    bump-4-1.gif~c200
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Bumping for awareness.

Was in 3 raids last night with hosts who either didn't know about this or were trolling and was forced to type /leave quickly to save my loot.

As a reminder for the players, if the host leaves QB early (you will see the loot picked up in chat), you can type /leave to make sure you get your loot.
    Tabbed
  • TariroTariro
    Vindictus Rep: 1,945
    I'd like to bump this because it's still a problem.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited February 12, 2017
    the only time this happened to me the raid reloaded with a new host but we all got loot as soon as we left without killing the boss a 2nd time

of course, host still shouldn't leave because it makes everyone wait while host transfers and game might possibly crash as other have said