[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Best female character?

Comments

• MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 22, 2017
    Parjs wrote: »

Now we assume that all female characters would have the SAME LOOKS! What would you choose? XD

+1 Vella for me.

I have 1 cb lvl 85 ( deleted ) and 1 ts 90 vella so i can tell vella is very boring, both weapons are just counter or spam right click. Ts is better, but not appeal enough to me.
    if all female share the same looks, i'd just pick arisha or scythe evie or lynn, staff is fun but hard to get use to her channeling. Fifi is the only female i haven't played to 90 yet so i have no idea. Delia however, seems fun at start, but gameplay feels repeatable later.
  • ShizukaaShizukaa
    Vindictus Rep: 2,585
    Where's the love for vella? haha. There's something satisfying about the cross cut sounds on vella :D Only downside is that it's very hard to play with other people when you lag on 1-2 bars. Very fun though if you just want to solo n.n
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited February 22, 2017
    You should try hurk deflect/onslaught and see if it's more satisfying (and harder ) than vella crosscut or not +wink
    Shizukaa
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    vella chains is pretty easy nab class , doing much dmg
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    Delia is bae... Delia is life..
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Fiona <3
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    For me the Fiona, Evie, Arisha triangle is the best.
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    Eh, Fiona is the most fun, I lol'ed when people replied she has low damage output.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Seigaku wrote: »
    Eh, Fiona is the most fun, I lol'ed when people replied she has low damage output.

Arisha Lugh solo went sub 4 minutes.
    Same with Scythe Evie.

Here is an even better Delia video.

You can watch and see how the player got lucky a few times as well as playing really hard to get some extra hits in that aren't 100% safe and would probably result in getting hit more often than not.

If you have proof that Fiona can match or beat these clear times with damage output please share.

From this comparison, Fiona absolutely has lower damage output than Arisha and Scythe Evie.
  • KiruaKirua
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    edited May 2, 2017
    I'd say Evie. Both her weapons are really fun and, she looks perfect in whatever outfit, no matter which or atleast I always had this idea. Arisha kinda got way easier/more boring after that mini-revamp, so.. well even though she's kinda 'complex' cause of the variety of her skills she looks really simple to me nowadays. Delia then is a whole mess, her animations are ew unless you're a weabo and you love them 'kawaii' things I guess? And she also looks ugly. Her gameplay gets boring after a bit, especially when you can't fully enjoy it (in solos for example) even though can't deny that even if Delia takes more to complete an einrach battle you're safer with her since shift+block.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    id drop lynn if my delia had gear and outfits
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Arisha is best for new players.
    Delia is interesting.
    Lynn is interesting but pretty terrible.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Fiona's chest assets > rest.

But I still dig the scythe tho.

Delia is ok, I guess.
  • DraciusenDraciusen
    Vindictus Rep: 805
    Lahar wrote: »

Dear god no, unless they're already damn good at action games and don't need to work on basics like reaction time/pacing/judgement. Arisha's good for low-geared players, not necessarily new players. Trying to learn how to play the game and all the bosses while also learning Arisha's Batman utility belt of tricks is a recipe for disaster. She's hard to pick up, easy to play.

---

Arisha's the most interesting to play since she doesn't work like other characters with normals->smash and makes use of a lot of different skills. I guess Staff Evie is technically the most wildly different of all the characters, but she plays almost like a normal MMO caster, which I guess is the point.

Lynn's the most satisfying for me, landing that sweet 10-stack Full Bloom and watching the numbers fly, the health bar drop, and it's raining cash money. She's high maintenance though since you've got to make sure you're always landing enhanced marks, and keep your efficiency up with the stacks themselves. All that work for slightly lower DPS than the others, simply because she's gated by her marks, like Arisha was once gated by her mana.

Delia's chaos dunk and Evie's sass-snaps are also very satisfying. I prefer Evie simply because her animations just fit more. Delia's animations look more like they should've been on Lynn.

Fiona's the most macho class that doesn't give a single ****. She hits like a truck and also looks like she's hitting you with a truck. Except it's her leg.

Vella exists. I don't know, her attacks have the style but are lacking in substance IMO. Consecutive cross-cuts or consecutive hailstorms only feel good cause you're just timing everything right and the numbers are flying out. Compare it to Lann getting endless crits and gliding all over the place or getting to hold down Moonsplitter, it lacks that kind of oomph in the animations.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited May 6, 2017
    Draciusen wrote: »
    Lahar wrote: »

Dear god no, unless they're already damn good at action games and don't need to work on basics like reaction time/pacing/judgement. Arisha's good for low-geared players, not necessarily new players. Trying to learn how to play the game and all the bosses while also learning Arisha's Batman utility belt of tricks is a recipe for disaster. She's hard to pick up, easy to play.

What is hard about Arisha?
    And reaction time, pacing, judgment? That sounds like common sense to me.

And there's a point to staff Evie playing the way she does? Did you help design her or something?
  • pootismanpootisman
    Vindictus Rep: 885
    edited May 13, 2017
    It's fine if you just want to do average on Arisha, but she has a relative high mechanical skill ceiling to land all the hits/cooldown management. In an all capped party she could easily take #1-2 spot in dps all the time if the player really knows how to play her. Her only dps contestant in that kind of situation is a sword vella who's broken with the crosscut system. (Just imagine if you can crosscut most Neamhaim's moves)

Every female is fine in this game really except Delia. She's got issues at even 60 att speed and she really could use some rework.