[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Black screen bug in certain raids

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in Bug Reporting
In certain raids, if a player stays at the starting point while another player run aheads to trigger the cutscene, the player that stays at the starting point will get a black screen for a few seconds after the cutscene. It does not matter whether the cutscene finishes playing or is skipped. Players that have moved infront of the starting point before the cutscene is trigger do not get a black screen. The black screen is the "fade to black" transition kind. While the player is having the black screen, he can still be attacked and damaged by the boss.

Raids that experience this problem (off the top of my head) :

Regina
Eochaid
Lavasat

This is very easy to replicate. Simply get two GMs to do any of these raids, and have one stay still while the other runs forward to trigger the cutscene. The GM that stays still will get a fade to black style black screen after the cutscene. This is 100% reproducable and affects every player in the game. This is probably caused by the game moving the players from the starting point to the battle area.

Comments

• Question2Question2
    Still happening after the alban festival update.
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited March 25, 2017
    Can confirm this is a bug & this does happen. Notorious in Lavasat raids as well as 24 man Elchulus. Never had it happen in Eoch/Regina though.
  • Question2Question2
    You need to not move at all at start. This also happens in pantheum.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    This is really anoning . Im glad someone pointed this out . For people like me who doesnt have good pc to play on its pain on ass . For example while my screen stop loading finnaly to move on raid rest is aleredy infront of boss and i got black screen just because i didnt moved at start when i even couldnt because of slow loading
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Can confirm that this also happens in Neamhain too. Had it happen to a friend of mine. I want to say that it seems to occur right after the cut scene of Neamhain making her entrance into the dungeon, but it seems pretty rare.