[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sea of Reflection : Post your progress

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in General Discussion
Sea of Reflection: Post your progress. How far along are you into the raid? Most parties I've been to managed to get Neamhain down to 6-7 bars. Gates of Babylon is quite troublesome; just for the luls, I tried sitting down to see if they would go right through me, but alas, one-shotted.

Personal progress: Been able to get past phase 1 Neit without any deaths or using any potions. A bit more confident w/ Phase 1 Neamhain and being able to get attacks in without dying. Seems like my 1st death always occurs with Gates of Babylon. Need to work on dodging that and all will be well. My next goal is to try getting past 6-7 bars and into the final phase. Might be tricky, but learning this boss has been really fun. :-)

Comments

• MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    38% in a pug group. Died to gates a lot today but think i had it down towards the end. Hopefully 1-2 more days for a clear.
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    I used up all my revive count before neamheim shows up. 1 bar kai is impossible there alongside all the nerf. Feelsbadman
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    edited January 20, 2017
    After practicing a lot, Neit is easy to counter now with the timing of his attacks. Still trying to study Neamhain's own attacks.
  • KylseKylse
    Vindictus Rep: 330
    Best ive done with my party is down to 7 and 1/2 bars on aus server
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 20, 2017
    down to 8 bars 40% or something in pub party, can't find enough friends who serious enough for the raid +sad
    Still having trouble with explosion orb in Neit Phase 1 and getting used to Neam's movement.
    Lf good party/carries :C
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    Vindictus Rep: 3,295
    Ez...But I get one shotted with 13k Def so...
  • Angel116Angel116
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    edited January 20, 2017
    Phase 1 is easy to do but Phase 2 and on I'm still learning.

I get wrecked cause I get lag frames and one second later I'm alive and the next I'm across the map from where I was, dead. Overall would be fun raid for me to learn if I didn't lag so much :(
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling

It is kinda frustrating getting killed by a hit that wasn't even against you lol

And no this time I'm not joking or exaggerating...I do get one shotted.

2 shotted if u count life flare lol
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    edited January 20, 2017
    reached 7 bars 60% just now, its good when you can have a good party with evies and sylas, slow progress but getting better.

One thing is that the changes in camera angle when Neamhain casts the gate is annoying, makes it harder to dodge.

• JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870

It is kinda frustrating getting killed by a hit that wasn't even against you lol

It's surprising,what are your defensive stats.I have 13k def/7300Hp/103 crit res.I never come close to getting 1 hit killed.

I think the highest number i have taken was about -4800HP.

Unless your taking multiple hits at the same time...even there that's surprising depending on your stats...

• ScheherazadeScheherazade
    Vindictus Rep: 2,660
    edited January 20, 2017
    Doing better, sometimes surviving till 8 hp Naemhein. But sometimes stupid things kill me +cry Can't dodge the spear storm yet...
    Problem is finding a good party. Sometimes won't even reach 2nd Neim..... Everyone still dying so soon. Its easier to survive if more ppl are alive.
    Having to rely on strangers/random parties doesnt help...
  • Mangodog98Mangodog98
    Vindictus Rep: 450
    Me and my guild can make it Down to 4 bars consistently. Still trying to learn Neit's 1hit KO attack. It's just takes so long to redo just to learn that one segment. :(
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Furthest I got her down was at the 6th bar when I had to hold down the fort for bars 9-6. God it was a pain in the arse, but it was worth it. Too bad one of her attacks killed all of us at once, which stunk.
  • MiqshAkMiqshAk
    Vindictus Rep: 100
    Haha .. I give up on this boss. This raid is for 15-18k DEF walls.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    JessGame wrote: »

It's surprising,what are your defensive stats.I have 13k def/7300Hp/103 crit res.I never come close to getting 1 hit killed.

Unless your taking multiple hits at the same time...even there that's surprising depending on your stats...

6300 HP

83 Crit resistance, and... I would understand if I'm in the middle of the 1000 little purple circles she spawns but, she charge at me sometimes (not red one, the purple one) and ....I die o.O and other people with similar stats can take up to 4 or 5 hits lol idk what's up with that.

or maybe It is the red attack xD who knows
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765

6300 HP

83 Crit resistance, and... I would understand if I'm in the middle of the 1000 little purple circles she spawns but, she charge at me sometimes (not red one, the purple one) and ....I die o.O and other people with similar stats can take up to 4 or 5 hits lol idk what's up with that.

or maybe It is the red attack xD who knows

The highest damage possible being taken from a 10K defense user on average clocks in at around 3,500 damage. Normal hits can clock in at around 1.5-3K damage, which is normal from a season 3 boss on my end. I could see how and why you would get 2 shotted if you get 2 3.5K hits totaling to 7K damage.

Honestly, the reason why some players don't stack defense (myself included) is because it's another HUGE RNG wall to deal with, and some of us cannot afford to deal with such accommodations with runes and such. as I said before, for every rune that "pops", you are essentially losing $3.80 USD each time that occurs, which no one wants to deal with. 170 stones and 35 elixirs assuming it does not fail would make a tedious grind overall if you want to go from a full +5 armor set to a full +10 armor set, which may or may not give a huge bonus to defense depending on the player.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Ikarsu

Same,i have 13k with cadet badge and there is no way i would +10 my gear from using multiple bought runes.Best i could do is+8 some of the parts during the 1 shot events.I have expeditionary on my pants and helm instead of enthu,simply because the scrolls where cheap and i used all the event runes to succeed them.That's basically how i reached 12-13k def w/o using NX.

You dt necessarely need the defense,but in parties where things go fast and where lag plays in,the extra def and crit resistance will simply give you the advantage of not having to be too careful...less time drinking pots,you can exploit some frames where you get hit but your not stunned.

In general i put priority on a good weapon,cap balance and decent crit,the rest comes after.Once you know a raid properly the extra defense becomes a little less crucial,yet still useful, while a mediocre weapon will make things significantly longer even if you play very well.

It's all relative really,some like to be stacked and i don't blame them,it's just how you want to have fun in the end.

• TheDazzlingTheDazzling
    ... ok now I'm pissed lol, have you guys play Arisha and know what Counter Drain is? wellp, is a skill you use to Block any kind of non red attacks AND it gives you an extra 100 Mana each SUCCESFUL COUNTER DRAIN BLOCK... well, I was on Neamhain ok? she attacked me with a NORMAL hit, I use counter drain and I get the extra 100 Mana for SUCCESFUL BLOCK! and emm....I still died. and I still had atleast another invi second, idk what to do anymore u.u these 1 shotted BS Pissing me off, specially cause people with less DEF can survive more hits, I guess It's because of crit resistance.
  • JessGameJessGame
    ... ok now I'm pissed lol, have you guys play Arisha and know what Counter Drain is? wellp, is a skill you use to Block any kind of non red attacks AND it gives you an extra 100 Mana each SUCCESFUL COUNTER DRAIN BLOCK... well, I was on Neamhain ok? she attacked me with a NORMAL hit, I use counter drain and I get the extra 100 Mana for SUCCESFUL BLOCK! and emm....I still died. and I still had atleast another invi second, idk what to do anymore u.u these 1 shotted BS Pissing me off, specially cause people with less DEF can survive more hits, I guess It's because of crit resistance.

I don't know wich attack it was but some have an extra duration/lenght wich goes further than the *lance* range itself.

Honestly,learning the paths in party could be difficult depending on the situation.Personally i just solo phase per phase for now and i don't try to rush it.Even if you clear a phase in a party,it doesn't mean you will be able to do it repitively if you don't take the time of understanding each phase.Some of the gold Einlach where actuly as hard,the only real differance is the quick battle feature and the fact that we knew most of the bosses patterns from long ago.
    You can maybe find some duo/trio partners who you have good chemistry with and get to the parts that causes you problem faster.

Just because you don't get it right away doesn't mean your bad.

But other than that i mean it would be nice if you could at least afford to take 2 or 3 hits before dying.
  • TheDazzlingTheDazzling

I don't know wich attack it was but some have an extra duration/lenght wich goes further than the *lance* range itself.

Honestly,learning the paths in party could be difficult depending on the situation.Personally i just solo phase per phase for now and i don't try to rush it.Even if you clear a phase in a party,it doesn't mean you will be able to do it repitively if you don't take the time of understanding each phase.Some of the gold Einlach where actuly as hard,the only real differance is the quick battle feature and the fact that we knew most of the bosses patterns from long ago.
    You can maybe find some duo/trio partners who you have good chemistry with and get to the parts that causes you problem faster.

Just because you don't get it right away doesn't mean your bad.

But other than that i mean it would be nice if you could at least afford to take 2 or 3 hits before dying.

she is deff harder than the other ones but not cause of the way of her works or the waves or anything, is just that she hits really really hard, I know how to do Druid and imo I'm Good at it, but it doesn't matter if I make a tiny little mistake, he gonna kill me anyways, but in Neamhain case is totally different, as far as I know I didn't make a mistake on that counter drain, she just decided that my skill wasn't worth her time.