[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Neamhain 101

Comments

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    JynXi wrote: »
    We just finished Neamhein 10 minutes ago. Thanks for the guide! (EU player here)

Oh awesome. I'm glad the guide came in handy +best
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    edited January 20, 2017
    You say Greatsword Hurk is useless in Neamhain, guess I'll have to prove you wrong.

Progress report: Got Neamhain down to 6.5 Health, my first death was w/ Gate of Babylon. Not a fan of that move x.x
    One step at a time. I know we'll get her down to 1 bar of health eventually. Just gotta stay positive. It is the only thing that can keep you sane there.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    You say Greatsword Hurk is useless in Neamhain, guess I'll have to prove you wrong.

Progress report: Got Neamhain down to 6.5 Health, my first death was w/ Gate of Babylon. Not a fan of that move x.x
    One step at a time. I know we'll get her down to 1 bar of health eventually. Just gotta stay positive. It is the only thing that can keep you sane there.

Ooooh cant wait to see. I rarely see any Hurks run neamhain with a greatsword on KR. I've seen maybe 4 in total.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    edited January 20, 2017

Ooooh cant wait to see. I rarely see any Hurks run neamhain with a greatsword on KR. I've seen maybe 4 in total.

It's pretty funny how 8 hurks can complete this run without a staff evie. Now this is what I call a HURK RUSH

• JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited January 20, 2017
    So i just realized that in the 1st phase(Neit).Some of his back claws(the grey ones) seemed to stop taking damage at some point.This is something i observed while slowly practicing so im not necessarely officializing anyhting.For some reason i was focusing on the left side and they stopped registering damage,so i switched to the far right one.

Seems like i might be better off staying close to Neit if i want to maximize dps or at least that's what i got from the few Sylas videos i could find.I was only practicing for survival thoe so i din't bother yet.

Just putting this out there because for those who don't know that could shorten the run by a lot *if it happens to be accurate*.I basically spent over half hour hitting somthing that was not taking damage(+drunk).

Small video that breifly explains the 6 different set of attacks Neit does in the 1st phase:

<video>

Will upload an agressive and more efficient version when i figure how to properly interact offensively.
    Yuria100Aqua22
  • Angel116Angel116
    Vindictus Rep: 1,170
    Just for clarification but I have to perfect amber everything as a staff Evie, right? I might've missed this somewhere in the thread but oh well. Don't hurt me pls.
  • BlawrghBlawrgh
    Vindictus Rep: 5,355
    edited January 21, 2017
    Angel116 wrote: »
    Just for clarification but I have to perfect amber everything as a staff Evie, right? I might've missed this somewhere in the thread but oh well. Don't hurt me pls.

99.99% of Neit's attacks can just be amber'd regularly. Ezpz lemon pie!
    Neamhain, on the other hand... 99.99% of her attacks have to be perfect mana amber'd... the only exceptions I can think of is when she glides across the room (the non-red smash version) and maybe her turn swipe

I used this video as a reference
    Angel116
  • MochiSweetMochiSweet
    Vindictus Rep: 3,050
    any proper guide how to dodge gate of babylon yet? +pain
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited January 21, 2017
    MochiSweet wrote: »
    any proper guide how to dodge gate of babylon yet? +pain

Only advice i received yet was that she will always spawn to the north side of the map.Seems like the lances are thrown in the center section at the start, so you could stand on the side to start off and than find your way to the center.Usually people use the giant pillar on the background as a referance of where to stand before the lances start to be thrown.It's on the left side.i guess you can probably do it from the right side as well,but the pillar on the left side makes it a little easier to where to stand.

I guess the crucial part is getting from the side to the center however you figure it out.I have yet to do it w/o getting hit thoe,i was basing myself of some videos but i guess it might be better to look at the lances instead and avoid with quick reaction.

A short clip might come in help:

https://www.twitch.tv/guardofhonor/v/116166741

I know it takes time to get to that point,but nothing beats learning on the fly
    MochiSweet
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    What about that loud metallic noise that plays when fighting Neit? Is that supposed be a signal that a claw hit its damage limit or just part of an attack? I can't really tell when I'm supposed to switch claws so I've just been following everyone else.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Noburo wrote: »
    What about that loud metallic noise that plays when fighting Neit? Is that supposed be a signal that a claw hit its damage limit or just part of an attack? I can't really tell when I'm supposed to switch claws so I've just been following everyone else.

Ya that sound is weird,i kind of supposed it means you are hitting a part that doesn't take any damage at all but i can't confirm it.

As for the claws that stop taking damage,some people told me you have to attack the green one,but i dont see anything green when i play,so i just attack the claws that still show numbers when i it them.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    https://forum.nexoneu.com/showthread.php?1553030-GUIDE-A-Sinister-Sea-Neamhain-WIP&p=7450473&viewfull=1#post7450473

Updating this guide with my own vision and stuff. Including an 'easy' babylon avoid move.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Gonna have to take a look at that guide. Thanks for posting :-)
  • XephireXephire
    Vindictus Rep: 960
    Is there information about where the Passports are found for [Passport] Sea of Reflection?
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Xephire wrote: »
    Is there information about where the Passports are found for [Passport] Sea of Reflection?

Neamhain chests, S3 raids, cat boxes (cat boxes may not be for NA though....)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Another thing I heard apparently Nexon NA stated that Neamhain was a daily raid. Did they actually state that and has this been proven true?
  • XephireXephire
    Vindictus Rep: 960
    Another thing I heard apparently Nexon NA stated that Neamhain was a daily raid. Did they actually state that and has this been proven true?

It's a typo. Someone brought it up on another thread. This is still actually limited to weekly.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Xephire wrote: »

It's a typo. Someone brought it up on another thread. This is still actually limited to weekly.

Okay I was about to say. Now the ultimate question is....did NA keep the extra run on normal when using VIP. Because CN excluded Band of Death from VIP and any extra raid events and theirs is also limited to 2 a week. So each region has VERY different ways of doing things.
  • MJxDMJxD
    Vindictus Rep: 920
    i know you said NX items work in there but a good thing to note is you can use are the accessorys from the ap shop and i would also guess you can use the necklaces from the daily log in rewards exchange shop if you dont have the rose stuff from the attendance event you can focus on what stat your missing that way every little bit helps the party you know
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    After 3 clears and tons of practice and so far, Hurk is proving to be quite impressive in terms of dealing dmg and staying alive thanks to the godly fix to his dodge.

The only issue I've experienced so far is in the final phase where having Neamhain and Neim both attacking takes a toll on your hp even if you absorb all the hits. That and he isn't the greatest in dealing damage to Neim in p1 due to the lack of an effective aoe to hit more than 1 claw.

As for the claws in Neim p1, they start off the colour gray and slowly turn green. I just focus on the gray ones as they eventually stop taking damage after turning a solid green.
    NoburoOrder5ZaytiatusDAOWAce