[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Level 90 armors

RakushuRakushu
Vindictus Rep: 2,125
in Evie
It time to ditch my LVL 80 WB/E BlackPearl/Heremon set...
What are my options to build a Level 90 armors?

Comments

• FoulwashereFoulwashere
    Vindictus Rep: 415
    It's pretty much the same thing... just lvl 90 light/cloth.
    Enlightened es is a slightly better version of wb.
    Reimimi
  • KhloeKhloe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    With mana shield nerf, if you're staffie you could go regina/plate for all that extra yummy defense
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Khloe
    Khloe said:

With mana shield nerf, if you're staffie you could go regina/plate for all that extra yummy defense
    what extra yummy defense? lol Regina/Terminus/Braha and Lugh all have the same defense the Heavy/Plate scrolls are stat for stat worse than the Cloth/light in fact cloth has the best scrolls...

• RakushuRakushu
    Hmm, sounds like cloth/light armors are better choice....will look into it.
    Thanks a lot!
    Time to farm some seals!!
  • KhloeKhloe
    Vindictus Rep: 1,390
    edited October 27, 2016
    If you rank up plate armor Regina actually gives more defense as you enhance to +5 or +10
    Enthusiastic and Declarative scrolls do subtract about 350 ish defense.
    My arisha has full regina gear and hits 16k defense while evie runs 3/3 and only has 12.5k def.
  • TannakraTannakra
    Vindictus Rep: 1,325
    Khloe
    Khloe said:

If you rank up plate armor Regina actually gives more defense as you enhance to +5 or +10
    Enthusiastic and Declarative scrolls do subtract about 350 ish defense.
    My arisha has full regina gear and hits 16k defense while evie runs 3/3 and only has 12.5k def.
    this takes me back to something i read a while ago

"Defense is redundant as you shouldn't be getting hit"

:P so too be honest pick the 90 set you like the look of best and if you want the defense... go Regina i guess personally Lugh is sufficient but has the R7s are expensive the R7s for Heavy/Plate are cheaper.... i think cant remember lol

• ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    If you get hit as Evie, you should consider rerolling to Hurk or Fiona.

Go Light/Cloth. The difference in Defense is small unless you slap Defense Scrolls on it (and lose Bal/Crit/AS).
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Regina gives more def because of the mastery bonus and also the enhancing, even if they all have the same base stats, as for light/cloth having better ES if you're a scythe I could agree, but as a staff I'm capped with a full regina set and 17k def and have really no issue with dps even if i Face tank, Tank evie since long before s3 FTW
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited October 28, 2016
    Plate armor does not break as easily as the other pieces, so while a person in Terminus Sentinel armor may have the same DEF as a person in Regina, they won't have it for long once they get hit a few times.

But as Tannakra so well pointed out: "Defense is redundant as you shouldn't be getting hit"

So consider how often you get hit.
    BloodAngel
  • ErinieIErinieI
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

Regina gives more def because of the mastery bonus and also the enhancing, even if they all have the same base stats, as for light/cloth having better ES if you're a scythe I could agree, but as a staff I'm capped with a full regina set and 17k def and have really no issue with dps even if i Face tank, Tank evie since long before s3 FTW
    Share your build.
    BloodAngel
  • RakushuRakushu
    I can't make up my mind now :3
  • elcausaelcausa
    edited October 28, 2016
    ErinieI
    ErinieI said:

elcausa
    elcausa said:

Share your build.
    For some reason is not letting me log in with either launcher or steam and keeps on lagging out, here's a pic from a while back i used some event stuff to increase my def to see how high I could buff it but normally my def is at 17kish and matt 24kish
    http://imgur.com/a/IvdWu

EDIT: I'm full off fail with nexon stuff today can't even get the image to display properly either +pain
    Aqua22BloodAngel
  • KuzmaKuzma
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    edited October 28, 2016
    I'm a staff Evie and i have full term.
    Without any accessories/weapon
    All my armour is +8 (one shot event) and enchanted
    with my weapon on its a +12 I/J Term Staff I reach 27K MAttk with 10K Def
  • ErinieIErinieI
    edited October 29, 2016
    elcausa
    elcausa said:

ErinieI
    ErinieI said:

elcausa
    elcausa said:

Share your build.
    For some reason is not letting me log in with either launcher or steam and keeps on lagging out, here's a pic from a while back i used some event stuff to increase my def to see how high I could buff it but normally my def is at 17kish and matt 24kish
    http://imgur.com/a/IvdWu

EDIT: I'm full off fail with nexon stuff today can't even get the image to display properly either +pain
    Whoa nice, share your build because I have no idea what buffs you use and what not.
  • elcausaelcausa
    Had been a while since i last updated my armory stuff, it still had my old set on it lol (you can see it in the second tab if you're interested) I'm missing 1 matt dunno why but o well armory
  • ErinieIErinieI
    edited October 29, 2016
    Could get better secondary stats, I cringed.

@Rakushu who obviously is confused.
    Don't bother getting armor to 10 unless you failed to break it at +8. No point in stacking Def since you shouldn't get hit in the first place (Flinch = dps loss and you flinch a lot if you get hit a lot).
    @elcausa set is cheap to recreate since Resistant is not really something anyone _should_ need.
    He traded 6k Def for 10 Crit, 20 AS and 3k MAtt.

There's pros and cons to every build so in the end it comes down to what you want to invest and what you need.
    But knowing NA Gold problems.. right.
  • elcausaelcausa
    I play staff not scythe, I get capped on matt, 1 crit shy of crit cap that i could get by either farming titles or changing to a 30 crit keen, as for the speed honestly this is just me but I get more mileage out of the extra def than the extra speed, Like I said I had been playing tank evie way before s3 even came along and my playstile is different to the regular run of the mill evie and make full use of the extra def to tank I can actually increase my dps with more def as I can play more aggressively , Def set is cheaper than the other sets if that's what you wanted to say, if you're not gonna bother with brynn might be your better bet even, I'm not a gold buyer and I farmed for my stuff, used event and some nx for runes, tho, could be done with just event stuff ( that's how I'm gearing my west evie a personal 0 nx challenge while causally playing there)

I was only making a case that a def build is possible for staff, probably not for scythe but it all comes down to your playstile and how much are you going to invest gold/nx wise on it

• RakushuRakushu
    @elcausa Impressive built :o Now I got more idea about variety of lvl 90 armors
    @Eriniel I host a lot and will get some fps drop/lag and that how my squishy evie didnt make it on time :<
    With the seal store around, I am taking this opportunity to update my armors...especially with an one shot event going on
  • ErinieIErinieI
    edited October 29, 2016
    You are not 1 crit shy of anything. You have to plan a little more ahead (Neamhain and future content) unless you enjoy changing your gear every content update.

What full use? Pretty sure flinching doesn't give you more DPS (unless more def = less flinching // If "I tank more hits" is your argument, just chug merc pots and you're good to go).

I did say your set was cheap. I'm pretty sure I wrote it somewhere too.

It is possible, never said anything else. It's just not something you should strive for unless you play Fiona/Hurk/Karok.
  • YukaniaYukania
    Vindictus Rep: 1,340
    I wonder how many more hits you can tank with 17k def? 2 or 3?
    As base: with my full termi (something between 9 & 10k def) i can get hit 3-5 times.

For alts i personally always go the cheapest, cheapest weap first and then a 3/3 combo.
    If weap is regina or braha then mail + shoes of that too, remaining termi.

I don't know how the prices are in NA but many of my guildies yolo wb on their termi/lugh armor since it is easy to craft and not worth the rune.
    If you can't afford r7 you can always go good old wb / force too