[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Chainblade tips DPS/Rotation?

KradnessKradness
Vindictus Rep: 950
edited December 23, 2016 in Vella
Decided to come back to my Vella and test out the waters any pointers and tips out there for chainblades?
Also wondering how to use blade dance and what it does as well.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CessaCessa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,680
    The best way to use Blade Dance is to not use Blade Dance. This thing will hit maybe once out of every 6 strikes you try to do with it. So you'll do it and you gain 2 stacks and watch as the rest just miss. Unless there's been a buff to it that I don't know about since I haven't been playing.

The best general way to advance dps with chainblades is to LLLRRR until you have ten stacks.
    Activate Heart of Ice and Blood Chill if the cooldown is down and you have the SP.
    Then Frost Jack for stamina bonus, and Hailstorm until you are out of stamina, Blood Fountain, restore stamina, Frost Jack to reactivate Heart of Ice, Hailstorm spam again and just repeat that. Finally, at your last second you can try for a Glacial Strike as well if you can spare the SP for it. SP priority should always be for Blood Chill, though. So only do Glacial Strike if you can spare the SP that when you hit 10 stacks again Blood Chill has enough SP to be used.

Don't forget that simply spamming R is also one of the fastest ways to stack Heart of Ice stacks. So if the boss movements are going to get you out of there then just spam R hits instead of trying to do LLLRRR. Also for SP gain this is one of the easiest and safest ways as well.